Tractor 120

PC's shouldn't be this hard to use.
Can you imagine if a car was this hard to start! Consumer outrage it would be!
The perceived utility outweighs the actual utility once again. There are some excellent reasons you can still buy pencils and calculators. An overwhelming percentage of them start with "my computer" and end with personal, medical, professional, and financial ruin...

I have used, leveraged, praised, broken, repaired, and brought to their individual knees, and ultimately cursed every machine I have had the privilege to own or access, from 8-bit Altairs to a Cray Y-MP, to full server farms. The closest I have ever gotten to trouble free is the Mac Pro I now own, but I recognize that it is a temporary condition.

The saddest fact I know about computers is that more than 95% of clock cycles are wasted on the bells and whistles of the UI, and they still convince people that they need a new one every year or two.

Well I finally reached the promised land my windows is updated to 20H2 and is running fine. I reinstalled windows from the USB stick I created yesterday using the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft that ALREADY had the 20H2 update installed, and guess what... it did the same thing it Errored Out with the same window as before saying the same thing. But after it rebooted it said there was an error but they think there's an update to fix it and installed an update, after that Windows 10 20H2 worked okay. They didn't say what the update was but in the Recent Updates view there was a section that said the NVidia and Creative drivers were updated. So my guess is the Creative Drivers were the problem because the board I have is old. I did have the latest drivers from the Creative website but they were old. Of course they worked fine until the 20H2 update but none-the-less my system is going again so I'll reinstall my software and create a new system image. Man, what a pain this has been. I'm off to finish up.

Last edited:
After I got my system going with the 20H2 update the windows system image creator wouldn't work anymore it gave me an error about not having enough space. So after lots of research I found out the latest windows ISO from microsoft with the 20H2 update created the first partition with only 50 mb which wouldn't work with the built-in tool. So I ended up installing windows again to see if it would do the same thing and it did. So I gave up on the idea of using the built-in tool and started installing everything. Boy I've put way too much work into this install. So I guess I'll either use a 3rd party system image tool or just forget about it and use the system like most folks do. I like having a system image so I can restore my windows anytime I want to get a fresh copy. Anyway enough about that.

As for my next project being honest I haven't installed 3ds Max or RealFlight yet. I think when I install RealFlight I'll stick with RF 9.0 until they release an update for RF 9.5 that fixes the false virus detection issue. Boy I bet Ryan Douglas is really happy about now with his product having all these problems going into the holiday buying season.

Speaking of next projects so far I'm still null-and-void and can't get going on anything.

i think i will hold off on getting RF 9.5 for longer with the issues it has or rather that windows broke

If all you are using is the built in MS Win 10 defender it's really not a problem anymore. Even if it does get flagged again Ryan has provided links to download the two files. I've only had an issue once at home and once on my old laptop at work.

If all you are using is the built in MS Win 10 defender it's really not a problem anymore. Even if it does get flagged again Ryan has provided links to download the two files. I've only had an issue once at home and once on my old laptop at work.
i'll think about it for a while i thought about getting just the RF9 version without the .5 update and running that as you can drop back to RF9 if 9,5 update causes issues

I still have a server running 95, a laptop running NT, and another running Vista, so I have no problem "holding off" if I don't need the features or want to risk the instability of an OS upgrade.

Literally the first thing I do on a new Winblows machine, after the setup releases control, is shut off automatic updates for Winblows, video and sound drivers, and all preinstalled software. After that, I lock down the network access so nothing I missed messes up my system when I'm not lookin'!

The built-in system image creator wouldn't work with my latest windows install so for my birthday I got some new backup software and created a new system image of my Windows 10 20H2 install. I didn't want RealFlight or 3ds Max in the system image so now I can install those. Ha.. I'm finally almost there.

Happy Birthday BTW technoid. Sorry I missed it !!

Certain groceries are getting scarce again especially paper products. We had to call the store today because they didn't substitute on our frozen turkey of all things. They only had like 3 other brands :rolleyes:. We ended up with a free Butterball. I had to order some things off Amazon as Walmart was out of stock.

Well I'm a year older today or I guess yesterday it was.. can't remember. <grin>

I finally installed 3ds Max and RealFlight9 so the only thing left to install is RF-X and the huge update for it, but that's the best part of RF-X the Wright Island area. So I'm almost back where I started. I still have no idea what I'm going to do next but I might do my junkyard plane to go along with legoman's ultra light, but mine will probably be an ultra heavy.

Back