Turbine Toucan Build

Yup! I went in and deleted all of the inside faces of the front part of the fuse and was attempting to remap. I was unhiding all of the other parts when I found it.

But why would that make it change its color when dealing with another part? Ill check it though.

I did go in and start deleting some extra materials and got the color to go away. Im still wondering why the gear made the wings change like that. Ill give the polies a look tomorrow.

And the curse continues with a ghost face and hidden verts :(

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 12
Well, after an exorcism, two blessings, and a sacrifice of a virgin, problem solved :p I loop cut the fuse behind the canopy, deleted the inside faces, and intruded again adding depth to the walls.

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 9
When you are creating thickness like your describing here. Do you use the .shell Extrude command?

Ive tried that before but it seems to create too many unnecessary faces. I used the intrude command here.

Anybody ever get this while mapping?

Internal Error:BAD AIRITH

I was mapping the wing struts using the unfolding method if that helps.

1of 2. For some unfound reason, I can only get one pic at a time to load.

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 3
Thats what I normally do, but I was just trying out this other way. Ive seen Flexible use it a number of times to prevent stretching on the edges. It worked fine on the tail surfaces and I was just curious as to why the struts wouldnt work.

As for the combining of parts, I do that after I map everything. Just seems a little easier for me.

The flatten tool, should be used on parts that are flat to begin with. the more rounded the part, the more destortion there will be useing flatten, unless you cut the corners. Think of a flat bottom paper drinking cup.

Attachments

• ScreenShot012.jpg
    ScreenShot012.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot013.jpg
    ScreenShot013.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot014.jpg
    ScreenShot014.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot015.jpg
    ScreenShot015.jpg