Turbine Toucan Build

You're talking the tie-dye? I kinda like it! In object mode, vertex attributes, remove colors. You'll have to generate a new .tga. Looks like you may have a missing edge on your rudder, 2 verts you forgot to connect when you loopcut.

Nothing........ :confused:

Rudder verts seem to be connected as well

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 6
  • zz1.jpg
    zz1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 7
Could this little fellow have something to do with the rudder?

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 11
Well I answered my own question. Its part of the front of the fuse. So, the rudder is still a mystery and probably will be until tonight.

While doing a last look over, I noticed this one little face that I missed. Actually there's one on each side. Is there a way to just map that face and add it to the .tga or does the entire side have to be redone?

Other than this, I believe it's about ready for paint, pivots, and linking. About time :p

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Yes you can add it. Select fuse, open the UV maping, deselect the fuse, then select those faces, and map them. They will be loose pieces on the Fuse Map, then move them where they go.

Map that single face, and then open the UV window with the rest of the object selected. Select the edges that are attached to the other object, and stitch. You'll have to remap that part. Do so in the UV window.

Last edited:
After days of head banging (sorry Jeff, I had to steal your avatar for a few) I think she's finally ready for Blender. I finished up the C-mesh this morning. Now just to name the parts and export.

Now the fun really begins :D

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 15
With a big hand from Bosshawg, the Toucan is in RF and off to paint. Now for pivots and parenting.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1309613369.jpg
    ScreenShot1309613369.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 21
  • ScreenShot1309613184.jpg
    ScreenShot1309613184.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 15
  • ScreenShot1309612955.jpg
    ScreenShot1309612955.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 22
  • ScreenShot1309613210.jpg
    ScreenShot1309613210.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 11
Looks like you are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can tell this one will turn out great. What is in the bump map?

Just to give an update, Pivots are nearly done and I got the graphics form bmz_loop this morning (great job by the way) so I quickly stuck them on just to get a peek. Still got work to do with them, but you get the general idea :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1309866914.jpg
    ScreenShot1309866914.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenShot1309867392.jpg
    ScreenShot1309867392.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 23
Im almost done with linking, but Ive run into this little snag. How do I make the tail wheel move with the rudder? When I try to link it to the rudder, it swings out as if its part of the rudder. It seems Ive had this discussion before, but cant recall the solution.

Also, Will RF take care of the connecting rods wanting to move with the servo arms instead of staying straight with the horns?

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 10
  • zz2.jpg
    zz2.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 11
I couldn't tell you about the pivot problem with the tail wheel because I don't know Blender, but if everything is named correctly then yes RF will fix animate the connecting rods.

Back