Ultra Stick 1.1m

I can't think of anything else I want to add so I guess it's time to start mapping it. Mapping is my least favorite part but it is easier on a plane that's been mapped before.

Sorry. I always seem to do lots of little updates when I'm mapping, that's because after a while I need a break from it so I stop and post where I'm at. I've finished the 1st pass of mapping on everything but the fuselage, and the landing gear, and tail gear.. But that's still lots of work. But it's moving along nicely none-the-less.

I just finished mapping the landing gear and tail gear. All that's left of the first pass of mapping is the fuselage. It's funny I used to do the fuselage first, now I seem to always do it last.

I finished the main mapping. I may do one more tweak to the mapping (vstab looks a little small) but here's a picture of where it is now. I still have the 1x1 mapping to do after I put some stripes on it to align.

UPDATE: I increased the size of the vstab a little bit and also fixed two other places there was some position and sizing issues. So the main mapping is complete and I'll do the 1x1 mapping soon.

Ultra Stick 1.1m 07.jpg

Last edited:
I went back and tweaked the mapping a little bit in three areas. I made the vstab a little larger. I fixed a position issue in the hstab trailing edge poly. And fixed a sizing issue on the wing trailing edge poly. I also updated my previous post with a new picture of the mapping.

I've put a lot of time in this plane but I find it hard to keep going. I almost want to shelve it and start a new project. Sometimes I get that way.

Can’t blame you if you decide to shelve it for a while. This stuff should be fun. I have learned a lot about the process and appreciate your work on it.

bill
The trouble is if I do that the project might just sit there and get dusty. I went back and created an AV some wanted for my last project, so that helped me get over the 'I've done Sticks before thing I was feeling'.

Back