Updated WS1000 ??

BrokeDad

I wonder if there is any basis to the rumor they are working on an updated version of the WS1000 to include more channels now that RF9 has come out :confused:

That would be nice especially for the airplane guys where they use more.

Last edited:
Dongle WS1000 Channels

Does anyone really know how many channels the WS1000 supports?

Some are saying only 8 channels. Can anyone confirm?

It would be nice to have a device that received 18-20. That would complement the DX18 and DX20 radios.

If the new DX sim box has 15 channels, it would seem that they would shoot for that.

Does anyone really know how many channels the WS1000 supports?

Some are saying only 8 channels. Can anyone confirm?

It would be nice to have a device that received 18-20. That would complement the DX18 and DX20 radios.

If the new DX sim box has 15 channels, it would seem that they would shoot for that.

Yeah mate the most I got was 8 on a dx 18 v2.

I guess they will limit it to force us to buy another interlink controller...

Strange .. in the manual of RF9 there are not talking about the WS1000 ... only the WS2000 (!)
If you Google the WS2000 ... nothing ... in the manual pag. 6:

Spektrum users will appreciate the currently offered Spektrum WS2000 wireless simulator dongle (Horizon SKU SPMWS2000), allowing modelers to control the action with a Spektrum DSM2 or DSMX-compatible transmitter.

Yep, I see that, tho I failed to see it earlier. Sharp eyes there...
I asked sales about that, no reply yet. Guessing someone jumped the gun.
Ray

OK, sales responded, said they believed it is a misprint...ha ha. Well, we can believe as we choose. I'm thinking 60% that a new dongle will appear within, say, 2 months.

Last edited:
Yep, I see that, tho I failed to see it earlier. Sharp eyes there...
I asked sales about that, no reply yet. Guessing someone jumped the gun.
Ray

OK, sales responded, said they believed it is a misprint...ha ha. Well, we can believe as we choose. I'm thinking 60% that a new dongle will appear within, say, 2 months.
A bit less than 2 months! First time I've been right in many moons. So I just ordered one to go with my #1000. Another toy...

I wrote to the HH tech department. The response is that the WS2000 will only support 8 channels.

Why even bother? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. and those are the nice things I said about it.

I agree it's not worth it if it's only 8 channels. I find the Interlink DX is really the best controller. I have a Lemon wireless one set up but never use it.

Why in the age of quantum computing, autonomous 4-legged robots, and re-usable rockets can we not get a USB dongle to handle more than 8 channels? Would it double the price or something?

Why in the age of quantum computing, autonomous 4-legged robots, and re-usable rockets can we not get a USB dongle to handle more than 8 channels? Would it double the price or something?

I was thinking this 2 years ago and still don't have an answer but great point to raise.

I would pay more for a 12 channel dongle so I could use my iX12 allowing me to fly the sim with the same switch locations as in real life. I back ordered a Interlink DX the other day, because it has the switch placement like a Dx 8 or something I may just cancel it as it will not help with motor skills since the Dx8 is way different than the iX12. If they had a 12 channel Interlink based off the iX12 that would be killer.
LeeU

Last edited:
The interlink DX is 15 channels of control. I believe that it is the best possible method of using the Real Flight 9 simulator. I know that others have asked for more channels on the WS2000, it has not happened. I have used well over a dozen radios in my years in the hobby. I just pick up any radio and can be using it quickly. I think that you might be putting too much emphasis on everything being equal.

The Interlink DX is the best so far. I have had all the interlink models. I have a Spektrum DX18 and would never even consider using it on the simulator. I don't want to wear it out.

The interlink DX is 15 channels of control. I believe that it is the best possible method of using the Real Flight 9 simulator. I know that others have asked for more channels on the WS2000, it has not happened. I have used well over a dozen radios in my years in the hobby. I just pick up any radio and can be using it quickly. I think that you might be putting too much emphasis on everything being equal.

The Interlink DX is the best so far. I have had all the interlink models. I have a Spektrum DX18 and would never even consider using it on the simulator. I don't want to wear it out.

I agree and one more point is you don't have to charge the Interlink DX like a regular remote , one less battery in my life and no hassle.

I have never gotten all of the channels, 4 and that's it: Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Throttle. NO flaps, gear. There's a "flight mode/dual rate" and a "Hold/Throttle Cut", but those aren't channels. So I don't know who thinks they are getting 8ch, would love to see that. (WS1000, DX7S, RF8 DVD and RF9.5 Steam). This is a HH bundle, it should work flawlessly and support at least 6 channels! I shouldn't have to change a thing other than to assign custom, should act just like a 6-9 Channel receiver, right?

I have never gotten all of the channels, 4 and that's it: Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Throttle. NO flaps, gear. (WS1000, DX7S, RF8 DVD and RF9.5 Steam). ...should act just like a 6-9 Channel receiver, right?
Yes,
Your DX7 with the WS1000 will give you 7 channels.
In your DX7 you assign a switch (D) to Aux1 or Aux2. Then in your Radio Profile (Sim controller editor) you "unassign" every control except aileron, elevator, rudder, and throttle. (uncheck the box(s) far right of the inputs in the editor) Use the Spektrum Receiver (7+ ch) Radio Profile... you can't edit it, but you can make changes and then "save" to another name... like Sim WS1000 (whatever you like).

The flaps are on Sim channel 6
The gear are on Sim channel 7 (smoke)

To assign your DX7 Aux1 switch (D) flaps to the Sim controller radio profile channel 6 press the "long input" bar for channel 6 and then click you switch (D) on your DX7... yes, first you will need to BIND the DX7 to the receiver WS1000 and have the DX7 "ON". The orange light on the WS1000 will be solid.

Assign your switch (A) to Aux2 on the DX7, and then assign the switch (A) input to the Sim channel 7 (smoke) to make the gear work.

see my article on making the DX8G2 work with the WS2000; same theory precisely.

marcus

Back