What is going on with the Directory Server lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csgill75

For the past couple weeks I have noticed the Directory server constantly going offline and coming back both when in a multiplayer session and when trying to find multiplayer sessions. I know I am not the only one that is seeing this issue as when I am in a multiplayer session the message that says my connection has been lost, everyone in the session gets the same message.

I am surprised this topic has not been brought up before now. :confused:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 35
Hmmm. I bit this looks familiar. I've been having this issue for a couple weeks I think.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1288233502.jpg
    ScreenShot1288233502.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 26
Thursday 10/28/2010 1:00 Am Canada Toronto

A lot of people are trying to connect and are unable to join for over five minutes; in most cases we are kicked withing 60 seconds...

I normally have a great connection and no issues of this type.
Secondly, I haven't updated my Windows today, so I don't assume that
it is due to Windows Updates.

I am sure that this will be fixed promptly as I have never seen the
server behave like this before.

Keep up the good work KnifeEdge,

Edoctoor

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It should be better now. Please let us know if you continue to observe the same problem with the same frequency (if it happens every once in a while, that's not cause for alarm).

Not only that, but the forum server often fails to transfer images within a normal time frame ( e.g. it's overloaded or not enough bandwidth ).

I see this as missing images with the place holders instead. Even when I refresh.

At first I thought that this might merely be due to undue traffic at my end, but I tried it at several locations in three areas, on different computers with the same results.

Today it's much better though.

Ryan Douglas said:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It should be better now. Please let us know if you continue to observe the same problem with the same frequency (if it happens every once in a while, that's not cause for alarm).
still not working i have tryed for hours to get online to play no servers out there yet

Yes I have noticed this when I'm hosting... Also I've been reciveing more than normal RealFlight has encountered an unexpected error and this effects all the people who where in my lobby with the same message.

3-DMan said:
Yes I have noticed this when I'm hosting... Also I've been reciveing more than normal RealFlight has encountered an unexpected error and this effects all the people who where in my lobby with the same message.

I have had noticed the mass unexpected error prier to this issue; and the reason that we know that everyone was effected at the same time was that the audio was working perfectly during the unexpected error.

Note: I didn't get mass unexpected errors before; only started happening consistently after I joined this forum... do you think that the forum might
be a meeting place for hostile people?

Last edited:
Mikeymike21 said:
It takes so long to connect to sessions and to open the session list...mp that really kills fun

Yes, lately it is very hard to connect, or stay connected, or even fly due the
ping hitting the two thousands up to ten thousands for all the players.
I believe that the RealFlight server wasn't over populated as there was only
two people hosting RealFlight G5 at the time (4:00 am) of these issues.
I also have very high speed internet during the day and lightning speeds
at 4:00 am. Note in the past the normal pings were below 150 for the US
and below 60 for CA. That said, I believe that this may not be an
server issue; I believe that the RealFlight program is having issues with my
64 bit quad core system and lagging/locking while loading a aircraft (in single or multiplayer mode) however, while in multiplayer mode a high ping rate would
be the result when I host. Of course I can only guess do to lack of error codes and due to the lack of detailed benchmark logs that are not available for the end users.

opjose said:
Not only that, but the forum server often fails to transfer images within a normal time frame ( e.g. it's overloaded or not enough bandwidth )..

I have noticed forum image lost only once, it reminded me of
the days of the 2400 baud modems. Good eye opjose.

In the past when I have hosted RealFlight G5 it would crash
once an hour, on a good stretch sometime two hours.
I have Checked all the Airplanes and Color Schemes to
show that they don't directly crash RealFlight G5.5; yes,
I know that corrupted dds files can crash RealFlight G5; however,
corrupted dds files are very easy to find.

Just search the "color scheme" folder for *.dds files that are
1 kb and re-import the aircraft/color schemes listed.

I hope this helps someone

Last edited:
It may not be the server, It may be intentional

Short Story

It seems that the anger and resentment of the angry trolls can also spread
to your multiplayer session; once they fine you and they know your voice.

It seems like all you can do is disable your microphone or suffer from
the host/Join multiplayer session crashing.

Long Story

I discovered that every time that I would joined someone session that their
session would crash. However, I am awake for 24 hours a day for several days in a row, and I realized that RealFlight Never crashes at Night so I naturally thought that it must due to the fact that a lot more people join during the day)

Now that a lot more players around the world are flying RealFlight, I also seeing
large of groups of people joining at night; Suddenly, I am the one among a large group of people and I don't know their language; and they don't have a problem with me.

I have done a print screen showing that
I have typed that PAGE aka MATT From
California Northridge will be crashing the server with flying the "Extra 300L
before they actually joined and crashed the server.

Note after those UnExpected error (In this case Expected)
shown I would not have access to type "Say PAGE aks MATT is going to join and Crash this Server"

Crash details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: RealFlight.exe
Application Version: 5.50.0.15
Application Timestamp: 4cafaff3
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03824
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000688c0
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Ryan Douglas, can we please have a LOG of all the IP addresses and which Aircraft/Color scheme each IP address was using; LOGGED every time RealFlight Crashes?

That way we can Delete that Aircraft and Color Scheme so that the
default would be used. And the Ip address would assist us
in banning their IP.

Attachments

• California-Northridge-Matt-flying-the-Extra-300L.jpg
    California-Northridge-Matt-flying-the-Extra-300L.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
edoctoor said:
Short Story

It seems that the anger and resentment of the angry trolls can also spread
to your multiplayer session; once they fine you and they know your voice.

It seems like all you can do is disable your microphone or suffer from
the host/Join multiplayer session crashing.

Long Story

I discovered that every time that I would joined someone session that their
session would crash. However, I am awake for 24 hours a day for several days in a row, and I realized that RealFlight Never crashes at Night so I naturally thought that it must due to the fact that a lot more people join during the day)

Paranoia is a terrible thing!

Don't read into MP sessions what is not there.

No one can force your system to spit out DLL errors.

You are probably seeing connection attempts to misconfigured or poorly configured client machines, and your computer is dying in the attempt when it fails to receive reponse packets.

This is not a big deal.

It is not a vast conspiricy to "get you".

opjose said:
It is not a vast conspiricy to "get you".

The "conspiracy" is getting to me...

I guess you need more PROOF... that is easy I would just post the printscreens here... but that doesn't proof that the IP's are from the same person? Give the RealFlight customers a LOG please, surely, the customers security is important.

Yes, it is very easy to make RealFlight Crash and most people wouldn't know how to do it; but the Trolls do, you can deny it. But this whole forum is riddled with methods that have crashed RealFlight.

However, I do track IP's and the times and your right

It is not a "conspiricy"

It is an ATTACKwhich is directly related to someone that knows enough to do this, and this forum is how they found me, as this is the most hostile forum that I have ever been on.

Note: Omar flying a Extra 300L has entered the flying area. shows that the aircraft is working and not conflicting with my session.

However:

PAGE aka MATT From California Northridge will be crashing the server with flying the "Extra 300L or Yak-54" I don't claim to know how, but I have enough proof and I know that it is so.

As MATT actually had told me that they were intending to crash and session that I am in and later MATT spam my session with hate and threats.

After I ban them they just change their IP address, and attacked again.

mpBanPlayer 24.171.152.204:62877 "Because we think/know that you are crashing RealFlight sessions"
IPLOOKUP http://ip-address-search.net/lookup.py?ip=24.171.152.204

mpBanPlayer 24.171.152.66:61234 "Because we think/know that you are crashing RealFlight sessions"
IPLOOKUP http://ip-address-search.net/lookup.py?ip=24.171.152.66

All within one hour; are you actually going to say that this is an fluke? mindspring.com United States California Northridge PAGE AKA Matt flying the "Extra 300L" and the "Yak-54"

Note: Matt joined many many times; got mad, made threats and is now consistently crashing RealFlight.

You can not deny that a request for a log of all the IP's during a RealFlight crash would be least; that RealFlight can do when it comes to security.

Last edited:
opjose said:
Paranoia is a terrible thing!

Don't read into MP sessions what is not there.

No one can force your system to spit out DLL errors.

Obviously, someone can...

Last edited:
edoctoor said:
Obviously, someone can...

Then your system has MUCH bigger problems unrelated to Realflight.

Seriously, don't go off the deep end with all of this.

Host your own sessions and block whomever you want and be done with it.

Life's too short to be agonizing over what may appear to you to be an "attack"...

It's not... you're just dealing with poorly configured remote clients and a bad local TCP/IP software stack on your computer....

BTW: An IP list is somewhat useless as most client machines obtain their IP's via DHCP.

Last edited:
opjose said:
Then it's a reality check! :D

My reality check (I am mental, and flying was suppose to be therapy)
are you saying that OLD, and Mental people are fare game...
and are you agreeing that this forum is very very very hostile.

as you all seem to have fun hurting others, including the disabled.

Shame on all of you!

or do you mean that this is a reality check for all the hurtful people
that overwhelm this forum?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back