What would you like to see in RF7?

Maj. Numbskully

May as well kick off this bi-annual discussion for RF7

Off the top of my head ............
the ability to use the "hidden" .tgas

Last edited:
At the top of my list would be customizable folders for all content. I'd like to be able to make a folder for my own content and separate folders for other modelers content and any other conceivable sorting conditions.
Another would be a user interface overhaul. Like a customizable right click menu where all the most common tasks can be reached easily.
Another would be adding aircraft functions to assignable keys on the keyboard. This would mean more than the current 12 output channels being available.
I agree with the other suggestions made so far as well
oh yeah and linear movement on a single pod removing the need for more complicated setups to achieve the same result.

Last edited:
Only thing on my "wish list" is cloth physics for streamers and making WWI squadron leader flags and scarves.

I would like to see more dynamic sounds. More realistic Blade bark on helis, a few more gas engine noises, and possibly the ability to add "custom blade/ prop noises".

Also it would be nice if the physics for the stall and snap characteristics for 3D planes/ giant scale planes are heavily worked on. 6.5 was somewhat disappointing on that note. I could tell the airfoils were more accurate, but the physics for the aerobatic planes weren't properly adjusted or paid attention too. It felt like the main focus from 6-6.5 was making the helicopters more realistic which they did vastly improve from the previous generation. So if 7-7.5 can put that same effort into the airplanes that would be awesome.

(Note that scale planes and jets did improve in 6.5, but the aerobatic planes were really bad.)

~Matt

Last edited:
More defined flybarless system that suits all flying styles.
For example a setting for a more linear cyclic feel would be great. It feels very robitic at the moment.

I'm pretty new, so some of these features may be available and I haven't found them but here goes:

I'd like to see the planes listed with features such as number of channels, level of difficulty, type (bi-plane, aerobatic, heli, trainer, etc)

I'd like a "flight-line" feature, where you are buzzed/penalized if you cross the flight line, like the rules prohibit in real life.

I'd like more info for true beginners that go over the real basics of flying, turning, landing, keeping orientation, etc. The training videos are great for advanged maneuvers, but not so much for beginners. I'd like to see training videos on simple things like turning, keeping level, how high to fly, how to line up for landing, how to land.

Would be fun to have some games and even a cartoon mode.

I'd have to bet we'll eventually see snow. Seems that's the only environment RF is missing now.

Personally, I'd like to see a weight calculator. Call it laziness on my part, but without having a specific model, its hard to get accurate weights of components when setting up physics. Take an average weight of the materials available, base the formula on a certain size of said material, and calculate it to the size of the wireframe.

It's been said may times before, A new interlink with more channel switches available. Wireless would be a plus too.

Timer on the Interlink with the option to have it Vibrate Like the Real Radios do now would be really nice, Adjustable Tension on the Gimbals would be really nice too.

Last edited:
I'd like to see more telemetry-type data available. With the growing FPV community, having an OSD or other features catered to FPV flying would be nice.

Timer Enhancement for Public Demo Aid

-Slow motion: rate adjustable, on/off on the interlink
-Enhanced timer

Timer options enhancements:
  1. Count down setable with tone and screen color indicator. Auto reset interval.
  2. Count down period, reset and hold aircraft in flight or at reset take off. While paused screen has color indicator: hue, boarder, bars, light etc. Releases on reset or other input.
  3. User setable: Countdown, reset hold time, auto restart countdown.
  4. User selected end tone, mute, and dedicated volume control.
  5. Two timers or dual function single watch for Multi Mode demos. Not required if trial intervals are synced. Dual if throttle control is used to enable (low postion) and restart timer (not low throttle).

We have an increasing interests from our local schools for demos. We hope to use Realflight on large 1080P TV to allow hands on experience to all ages. Next one we are adding multi mode. We are gettng long lines. :)

Obstacle rings that flash when you actually go through them .....
I always prefer to fly in default ground view , so at a distance its hard to tell if you really made it through

"Bottomless" photo fields or something close to it for soaring sites

many good ideas here .....
old :rolleyes:
and new:D

Rf7

The option of turning on random weather:

- wind (changes in speed and direction), turbulence and thermals. Something that is not manually set, as you can't manually set weather in real life.

Just give those who chose it the option to fly to the random conditions rather than known or preset ones.

Temperature effects:

This may be a hard one, but all of my models fly differently on hot or cold days.

Compatibility with later versions of Direct X.

I would like to see a "better" premium version radio with more channels. (12-18 channel)

I would like to see some functions of the aircraft be able to be controlled by the keyboard. Users with 8 channel standard radio could use keyboard instead of premium radio switches.

I would like to see more groupings of the aircraft... twins, warbird, pusher, gas, elec, glow.

I would like to be able to have a list of my favorite aircraft to fly.

-Better smoke!->Smoke should be recalcualted if i fly through it (Heli Blades!)
-Better Heli Blade sound
-Intergrate VR -> Oculus Rift!

Last edited:
Back