What would you like to see in RF7?

Soooooo, Helicrasher, I`m guessing that you live in either Humboldt or Mendocino Co., in Nor. Ca. :D:D;)

hmmm, neither county, but I am from No. California... Do you feel everyone from No. Calif likes shooting games? :D

As Jeff said,
There has to be a main purpose in order to give the company a reason to exist. Most companies have a mission statement. That defines what the main purpose of their existence is. IF KE has a mission statement regarding Real Flight, the leading statement would be about accurately recreating the RC flying vehicle experience as accurately as possible in a computer environment. The mission statement would not be primarily about "TO HAVE FUN."

I agree with Jeff. He explained it very well. Which is common sense. If there were no RC aircraft, RF would not be here today.

Last edited:
Continuing Radio ideas and options

Transmitters
  1. Multiple choices at purchasing transmitters those are capable of functioning at the field. Practice with what you will use or a clone of your radio at the field.
  2. Radio with display two way communication. So radio displayed screen inputs are mirrored and changeable in and outside of RF7 including graph setpoints. USB? Letting users get familiar with the radio they may fly with and develop setups that relate to the flying field.
  3. Radio display screen receives telemetry-allowing radio manufacturer's provided alarms, display functions, user via radio input and radio stock options.
  4. RF7 “Software Radio” layout and imaging mirrors the radio’s display screen and input field titles.
  5. Radio response simulation of FAST, 1028, and if influenced by the utilized frequency and format like FM, Ham, DSM, DSM2 and etc effects factored in.

Frequency range limitations.
  • Radio Range limit of transmitters. Like real RC flight and simulate communication errors of FM, DSM, DSM2, Ham frequency, with and without satellite, and park receiver without satellite.
  • Radio Range limit of FPV. Cameras view effects at distance to pilot and related directly to frequency and antenna type choices.
  • Radio Range limit of Atmospheric. Effect represented by a random factor for atmospheric solar and weather interference. Changes by session or clock.

Transmitters
  1. Multiple choices at purchasing transmitters those are capable of functioning at the field. Practice with what you will use or a clone of your radio at the field.
  2. Radio with display two way communication. So radio displayed screen inputs are mirrored and changeable in and outside of RF7 including graph setpoints. USB? Letting users get familiar with the radio they may fly with and develop setups that relate to the flying field.
  3. Radio display screen receives telemetry-allowing radio manufacturer's provided alarms, display functions, user via radio input and radio stock options.
  4. RF7 “Software Radio” layout and imaging mirrors the radio’s display screen and input field titles.
  5. Radio response simulation of FAST, 1028, and if influenced by the utilized frequency and format like FM, Ham, DSM, DSM2 and etc effects factored in.

Frequency range limitations.
  • Radio Range limit of transmitters. Like real RC flight and simulate communication errors of FM, DSM, DSM2, Ham frequency, with and without satellite, and park receiver without satellite.
  • Radio Range limit of FPV. Cameras view effects at distance to pilot and related directly to frequency and antenna type choices.
  • Radio Range limit of Atmospheric. Effect represented by a random factor for atmospheric solar and weather interference. Changes by session or clock.

I agree with most of this.

I would also like a interlink to show the telemetry that we now receive on our field radios. I don't us it on my helis but I do use it on my planes. A vibrating interlink would be real nice for alarms like my field radio which I do use on everything. I would love to have better gimbals with adjustable tension and full bearings.

Instrumentation options of gages, or glass panels

I would like RF7/KE to by option be the first to provide a taste to real aerospace aircraft flight of insturmentation simulation to a high grade RC sim.

Insturmentation choices:

Helicopter pilots and airplane pilots need to know the same basic things to fly and navigate their life depending aircraft. Most of the instruments in helicopters and airplanes are common between them. Both helicopters and airplanes need to know their airspeed, altitude, attitude, (bank angle and pitch angle), rate of turn, rate of climb, vertical speed, direction of heading and so forth. They also need to know what the engine is doing as far as rpm, it's oil temperature and pressure and so on. Fuel flow and quantity are typical gauges in both aircraft.

Helicopters also need to show what their rotor is doing in relation to the engine, so an instrument just for that is included that airplanes don't have of rotor rpm and torque.

Most helicopters still have analog instruments or gauges in their instrument panels. Most modern military helicopters and the latest commercial helicopters have what is known as a 'glass cockpit'. Most commercial airliners are now equipped with 'glass cockpits', but a few still have the older style round gauges.

A glass cockpit is flat panel screens that look more like computer monitors than gauges. They display all the information in digital format that the old gauges display. Some of them just mimic how the old instrument looked, but it's just a computer-generated instrument on the glass screen. It's generally called EFIS for electronic flight instrument system.

Host "Server text message" editing in Host adv options.

Easier editing the ServerMessage.txt file.

The host to have multiple selections of the ServerMessage.txt files for the users.

I.E. At times I want to do obstacle courses, helicopters only, 3D, scale, games, and each one I would like to modify the pop-up message to joining clients easier.

Also a starter set of standard messages provided as suggestions and for edits. Collect the best messages or aspects users want and find useful.

I.E. Disclaimer, host reserves the right to kick or ban any user perceived having the intent of aggravating, slowing, or disturbing the server or users. Helicopters and multi-blade choppers only, Scale only, and etc.

Add Particles Off option control in host startup console. Host concerned about server loads due to smoke and misuse by clients can easily just remove the option to the session. Add note to ServerMessage box or banner in the same text display.

Private Host to single client text chat gadget.

Private Host to single client POP-up text forced to clients center of screen. Popup for warnings to cease unwanted aspects or be kicked.

Private Host to single client popup “Penalty box” with timer.

Private host to single client popup “Penalty box” with timer that put clients feeds to all other users temporarily hidden.

Last edited:
Multiplayer status line

Multi-player status feed line to all web served RF sessions from startup if in windows mode or with top menu bar showing. Or, console area. I.E. Multiplayer XX-sessions XX-users XX-privates

Hotlink multiplayer status line to Join.

Mouse over popup of active sessions list.

Last edited:
resetalltrims to Aircraft edit consoles.

Reset all trims command to the Quick edit aircraft and edit aircraft console.

New Keybinding console.

Key binding console to imbed binds edit into exec startup.

Pull down of consoles commands for binds.

Pull down of open keys for binding.

Pull down of bound keys for deletion, replacement, and edits.

P.S.: “kablooey” added to console command list (~ tab).

1. Cut and paste ability from console. I want to be able to highlight and reorganize the command list for my reference.

Found this one, in console "clear", then "~""tab", "copybuffer", paste "Ctrl""V" to word and print.

This type of page for the console commands would be nice added to the manual. Add the list with clean page breaks to aid clean prints of the list for at screen reference posting.

I did find the Keyboard Commands in the manual. A RF7 manual improved page break would save a page and assist a nice reference print of them to keep by the screen.

Last edited:
The entire post was read, I assure you. I just can't understand why do many want so much out of this simulator other than what its intended for. Do you ask playstation to cater to RC needs?

Nevermind......can't argue with perfection.:rolleyes:

It is far easier for you guys to be angry/upset/frustrated/disgusted at me when you refuse to see the meaning in what I say, isn't it? I haven't said anything against the things you just mentioned. Reread the post you just quoted of me.

Real Flight's "mission" (main purpose) is to reproduce the experience of RC flight as accurately as possible, period. That is not to say they can't (or won't) do other things with the sim. From KE's own web site: "We strive to make our simulators not only physically accurate but graphically appealing." Physically accurate - that is their #1 goal (main purpose/mission) of the sim. If you don't believe me, believe them.

Oh, just go and provoke someone else.

The entire post was read, I assure you. I just can't understand why do many want so much out of this simulator other than what its intended for. Do you ask playstation to cater to RC needs?

Nevermind......can't argue with perfection.:rolleyes:

Reminder: Thread topic what would YOU like to see in RF7.

What do YOU want to See in RF7?

I would like in RF7, the continued effort to be the best RF simulator of all current and evolving types of RC and equipment. But if resources of all types allow; adding consumer "surprise and delights" that are of market values current and new unforeseen.

AKA, pleasing or new value to me; a consumer locked in a single viewpoint and unique set of skills and experiences. Greedily and typical I hope my group gets some of what we want.

I would like in RF7, KE to continue growing RF and any products they choose.
Everyone has a crystal ball tuned by his or her skills, experiences, and errors in judgment. My imperfect crystal ball assumes; new to the hobby users market is slowing and long-term skilled users are a growing group. But if the economy is changed I will need to look again.

I would like in RF7, the forums to continue. Thank you for this Forum that lets individuals contribute to all readers experiences and share my wants and ideas.

"The man with the gold makes the rules." Who will have the gold gambling; spans this world.

Last edited:
When Doing Aerotow in mulitiplayer, The tow aircraft is not affected in any way by the plane being towed. You can tow a 20lb airplane with a flat foamie and have no problem towing. That doesn't seem very realistic to me so I would like the Aerotow to more replicate real world performance and the tow plane should be affected by the towed aircraft in drag and overall performance.

It is far easier for you guys to be angry/upset/frustrated/disgusted at me when you refuse to see the meaning in what I say, isn't it? I haven't said anything against the things you just mentioned. Reread the post you just quoted of me.

Real Flight's "mission" (main purpose) is to reproduce the experience of RC flight as accurately as possible, period. That is not to say they can't (or won't) do other things with the sim. From KE's own web site: "We strive to make our simulators not only physically accurate but graphically appealing." Physically accurate - that is their #1 goal (main purpose/mission) of the sim. If you don't believe me, believe them.

I'm not upset at any one in particular. I'm only upset at being forced to fly
only one plane in combat, when there are plenty of other Models that we
could be choosing from. And if the AVs don't exist, they could easily be created.
We can even make them fly identical to the default combat types, so nobody has
an unfair advantage.

This isn't so much a matter of
RF7 should (so and so)
but more of a matter of
Why didn't G.5 have this, and why didn't it get put into RF6?

Back