Whatever happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
flexible said:
(there's something else that will give him away as well )
Don't leave me in suspence. What will?

I know that he sold his copy of Realflight, so who knows what will happen. I've seen some of his other work that isn't for the sim and it's unbelievable. He created a Ferrari that looks absolutely real. You really can't tell that it's a 3D model at all by looking at the rendering. That's how good it is.

r1derbike said:
I don't care what alias he uses, as long as he's civil, and keeps uploading planes.
I disagree. People tend to use one identity to establish credibility for their other identity, by agreeing with themselves or cheering themselves on. Or to PM other people about their other identity, as if they were another user. I think it's disrespectful to other users to present yourself as another user. If you feel you must start anew with another identity, never cite your other identity, or agree with your identity in a thread or PM. That offender knows who he really is. And he knows who he's talking to. But the receiving party is led to believe that person is someone else. That's fraudulent, a lie.

Rumor has it I may have upset a few people from time to time here on the forums. I'm too sarcastic for some, too blatant for others, etc. (That said, don't ever assume I say things just to be mean or spiteful to someone. It's more for comic relief.) But I make no bones about who I am. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize. I've done it before. Pretend I'm someone else to compliment or agree with jeffpn? That's not my style.

I've established more than one relationship with people I've gone round with here. Forgive and forget. That's my policy.

Last edited:
jeffpn said:
...............Rumor has it I may have upset a few people from time to time here on the forums. I'm too sarcastic for some, too blatant for others, etc.

Huh? Have I missed something?

LOL. I remember my first post here on the forums and you were the first to chime in. I did not like you for a while after that. :)

Then, time moved on and I realized, I shouldn't take things so seriously here to get bent out of shape about anything. Took me a little while, but I think I made it. If I disagree with something you say or something someone else says, it's not worth my while to get into a back and fourth argument here. I have a wife at home. It's not so easy for me to just ignore a confrontation, and move on to another topic with the wife, but here in the forums....I can ignore anyone and turn off my PC if I want and there isn't anything forcing me to do otherwise. :D

As far as other identities, I am a sick person. If I were to create another identity, I would argue with myself all the time. I would rate my own stuff bad and I'd be extremely harsh with the criticism I leave in the comments. I would then call myself out in the forums and have nasty arguments going back and fourth with myself just for the pleasure of knowing people can't believe what they are reading. I'd have a lot of fun reading the comments from people in defense of one identity or the other.

I know there are others out there shaking their heads reading this with all seriousness beside them. "I completely agree with Matt. Who wouldn't do this?"; They say to themselves.

It is quite possible to publicly disagree with someone without getting into a fight. You just have to realise that yours may not be the only valid view and on a forum such as this, actions speak a whole lot louder than words. It takes a lot of anti-social behavior to get banned on this forum, yet the number of people that have been banned under three or more identities can be counted on one hand with fingers to spare. So what does that tell you?

While very skilled as a modeler, he does not play well with others.

If you take a look around here... few use a userid that represents their "real name"... so there is always a bit of subterfuge going on...

I started out here with a userid that was a derivative of my name, I changed to another and caught some flack for that. The internet is a dark place, you need some cover at times.

I was kicked from one other forum when I appropriately used the F bomb. It just does not really matter that much anymore. There is enough ego here to fill a stadium. As with life, when you are angry, it is better to just walk away.

dhk79 said:
Please define "appropriately used the F bomb", seems an oxymoron to me :confused:

It's quite appropriate if used in a sentence to help describe your level of ego. (i.e. "I am the best _____modeler around town." or "______your models!")

This helps relay to others that your abilities and level of skill are far supreme to theirs.

Matt, I can clearly see how your humor often gets you in trouble :D Keep working on that one!

Yeah, I've been using Willsonman online since I was a kid... Anyone remember Juno email? Yeah. Has nothing to do with my real name of Joshua. It relates to my music background where I play an instrument called a Euphonium.
http://www.tubaexchange.com/product-detail.asp?PID=WIL-2900S
The particular brand I play is a Willson. Nothing to with much of anything here on KE but hey, I like it and I'm not about to change it.

In my case, DHK are my real initials and 1979 was the year I both graduated and got married. It was a big year in my life and so forms my on-line identity on many forums only because it is unique enough not to often be taken.

Even so I never try to hide behind my login name and I'm not afraid to let my real name be known, actually signing many posts and all my aircraft. The reason is quite simple, I never say anything on-line that I wouldn't say to someone's face and I'm adult enough to take responsibility for anything I do say. It after all has my name associated with it and it will be remembered.

Doug

dhk79 said:
In my case, DHK are my real initials and 1979 was the year I both graduated and got married. It was a big year in my life and so forms my on-line identity on many forums only because it is unique enough not to often be taken.

Even so I never try to hide behind my login name and I'm not afraid to let my real name be known, actually signing many posts and all my aircraft. The reason is quite simple, I never say anything on-line that I wouldn't say to someone's face and I'm adult enough to take responsibility for anything I do say. It after all has my name associated with it and it will be remembered.

Doug
Second that!

You may disagree, but there are times when someone needs to be told in no uncertain terms to F off. You however, are a priest and can certainly find another way. I miss the days when you could speak openly without PC fear. Even to this day, I would not have done anything differently.

dhk79 said:
Please define "appropriately used the F bomb", seems an oxymoron to me :confused:

Priest :confused: Yeah right. More like an ex-sailor fluent in language that could curl your nose hair, but with enough sense to know better than to use it.

That being the case, however, I still disagree with ever bringing myself down to that level. If you have a problem with someone's behavior or language on-line, report them to the admin; as was likely done to you on that other forum.

So by your own "appropriate use", you lowered yourself to a point below that of your antagonist and therefor lost the argument.

There's a time and a place. At work, depending on the job, sure, maybe. My line of work more than Father Doug's. ;) I can talk a blue streak, too. You and I, one on one like a PM, you won't offend me. I may even return fire. But here in the forums, no. If you wouldn't say it to your mother, or boss, or Pope, it shouldn't be said for all to see. That's actually one reason that I like this forum more than others I see.

Last edited:
Since we got on the subject of how our online names were formed, I go by mwilson914 on most forums I'm on. My name is Matt Wilson, and my birthday is Sept. 14th. I'm a complicated man.

OK, fine. I was trying to stay out of this thread, but I'm weak.

My name is Frank but online I'm phrank. :D

My 2 cents

My Name is Chris Middle Name Scott and Last Name Gill and i was born in 75 so thats how i got csgill75 :D

Here's the way I've started to view things here, and day to day living; if it doesn't affect me personally, it doesn't exist for me. A non-issue, irrelevant. Life's too short to get caught-up with those whom have multi-personality disorder, delusions of grandeur, schizophrenic disorder, immaturity, or ______ (fill in the blank).

Users with the above afflictions (and more) don't measure on my Richter scale, any more. Not worth the mental effort.

I check-in once in a while, check-out the swaps, download aircraft, and leave this site as calm and unstressed as I arrived.

Life is good.

Last edited:
I have a 1975 850cc Norton Commando motorcycle that I have been slowly restoring for about ten years, LOL! My father bought it brand new and passed it down to me.

Also, my last name is"Norton"

The first pic is now and the two others are what it will look like?

Stock look or the John Player race model? Not sure yet.

Attachments

• 100_2409-1.jpg
    100_2409-1.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Norton Commando 850 JPS 73.jpg
    Norton Commando 850 JPS 73.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 9
Norton said:
I have a 1975 850cc Norton Commando motorcycle that I have been slowly restoring for about ten years, LOL! My father bought it brand new and passed it down to me.

Also, my last name is"Norton"

The first pic is now and the two others are what it will look like?

Stock look or the John Player race model? Not sure yet.

go for the Stock look, those bikes look BadAss!!! would love to have a bike like that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back