Will RealFlight 7.5 run on any Windows Tablets...??

So, I understand that RF will run on a Surface Pro 3 with a Core i7 processor and 8 gigs of memory. Will it run on a Surface Pro 3 with a Core i5 processor and 4 gigs of memory or must you have the top end Surface Pro 3 that you describe? I know this may be a tough question unless someone has tried it with the Core i5 processor and 4 gigs of memory.

Hell it ran fine on my Surface 3, Atom A7, 4GB and 128GB...

And it runs great on my Surface Pro 3, I5, 4GB and 128GB SSD....No Worries...!!!

Thank you. I just purchased a SP 3 i5 at Costco and hope now i will be able to use RF on a portable machine i can take with me when I travel. I was never able to run it on my Compaq laptop.

I wish that RF had a thin controller that did not take up so much room in my luggage. It is a shame, but my controller has it's own frequent miles account. It travels first class and I am stuck back in steerage with the goat and pigs.

I know that it is not practical, but you cannot help but wish.. I keep hoping for a PRO controller with more channels and capability. There does not seem to be a demand for a pro grade simulator for high end graphics machines.

Last edited:
I wish that RF had a thin controller that did not take up so much room in my luggage. It is a shame, but my controller has it's own frequent miles account. It travels first class and I am stuck back in steerage with the goat and pigs.

I know that it is not practical, but you cannot help but wish.. I keep hoping for a PRO controller with more channels and capability. There does not seem to be a demand for a pro grade simulator for high end graphics machines.

I wish I could find a small one as well for traveling. If you do find one let me know...

Installing RealFlight on my Surface Pro 4

Hello Everyone,

I am struggling to get RealFlight on my recently purchased SP4. I have read here you can load the CD onto a thumb drive and then run the program from the thumb drive. However, I can't seem to get the program on the thumb drive. Can anyone give me the step by step instructions to load the program onto my 8 gb thumb drive? I reformatted my TB so there is nothing else on it. Unfortunately I'm not too good with such basics of even how to copy the cd and then transfer it to the reformatted td. However, I'm not too bad at following detailed instructions. Thanks for your help.

Hello Everyone,

I am struggling to get RealFlight on my recently purchased SP4. I have read here you can load the CD onto a thumb drive and then run the program from the thumb drive. However, I can't seem to get the program on the thumb drive. Can anyone give me the step by step instructions to load the program onto my 8 gb thumb drive? I reformatted my TB so there is nothing else on it. Unfortunately I'm not too good with such basics of even how to copy the cd and then transfer it to the reformatted td. However, I'm not too bad at following detailed instructions. Thanks for your help.

I just bought an external USB DVD Drive for $20.00 or so...it wouldn't run properly on the SP3 until I added a Powered USB Hub, then RF 7.5 loaded just fine. Sorry I can't help with the USB Thumb Drive aspect. Perhaps someone else can...

Obviously, you are going to need another windows computer with a DVD drive and USB ports.

You will use windows explorer (right click on the start button, and select windows explorer). You will surf to the DVD drive and 'edit', 'select all', 'copy'. Then you will move to the Thumb Drive in the USB port and Paste all the files onto the thumb drive. This copy process with take a bit as there is a lot of information to move.

You will select the thumb drive, and right click on the thumb drive and select properties. You will change the name on the general tab to the same name as is on the RealFlight DVD disk.

Now the thumb drive should be ready to use on the SP3. You will select the drive and start the setup or install routine.

Back