Wings 3d Newbie Questions

I have started creating my cs for this model. I'm probably crazy, but I have been concentrating at first on things like servos, receiver, and battery that I need to take images of and manipulate into the map. It's fiddly work and it really makes me appreciate the job someone like Numbskelly does.

Attachments

• MappingProgress.jpg
    MappingProgress.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 6
Way above average work for a first timer. :confused: What gives? Did you do a bunch of studying before you asked for help? It's looking great. Keep it up. :)

Boof69 said:
Way above average work for a first timer. :confused: What gives? Did you do a bunch of studying before you asked for help? It's looking great. Keep it up. :)

Thanks Boof. I appreciate the kind remarks. I'm just stubborn, read a lot, and I'm not afraid to ask questions. I will say that if I'd been aware of the amount of time this was going to take, I might have thought twice. I knew it would be significant, but I don't even want to think about how many hours have gone into this model. And I know at the end of the day, it is a first effort, and probably won't get flown by very many people. But I'll enjoy it, and I've enjoyed the process of doing it.

What you are in for

https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=24817&page=1&pp=15
This is where you are headed. Some posts don't tie together because a modeler, whose ego got in the way of his brain, and got banned, deleted his threads, and posts, and files. Funny thing is, months after he was banned, his files showed back up. How you do DAT?
Took me 1500 MHs to get the first model into RF, and that was just to get started.

Just remember, you do this for fun. There's no time restrictions either. When learning on your own, it's a slow process. However, as you learn, things become second nature and your models will go by faster. Just wait till you do a cockpit :p

Flex, he did not delete his models. He couldn't. His models all had CSs and AVs on them. It was impossible for him to delete his files. I did watch him as he deleted his threads and posts. Not to mention I don't think you could log in after being banned. That's what "banned" means.

I have now created the color scheme for the model. I'm about done with this one. How does one change the color of the propeller?

Overall, I'm very pleased with how well this flies without faking the physics. It does nice clean knife edges without any coupling and hovers very nicely too. :D

As befits a foamy, it has fully working servos, pushrods, and control horns.

Portions of this model came from Flexible (the motor), Abaser (the servos, pushrods, and control horns), and AlternativeRC (the ESC).

Attached is my latest screenshot and an EA for what I currently have.

Attachments

• ColoredE540.jpg
    ColoredE540.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 12
  • E540v35_EA.RFX
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
abasers correct, prop color can 't be changed on a CS.......
nice looking bird for a first timer madratter :D

Last edited:
Nice bird, foam looks a bit too thick for the size of the aircraft, but overall very cool. :cool:

abaser said:
Change the prop. That's the only way I know.

Thanks guys for taking a look.

I have to admit, I cannot figure out how to change the prop in the editor. I can find it under the visual mesh, but it won't let me do anything with it. Any clues?

Propeller type, you got sloflyer(orange) apc electric (grey), etc...
The prop type actually makes a difference in your power plant.

I'm ready to upload what I have to the swap pages, but when I click on submit file, all I'm getting is an area for describing the file. Am I missing something? I am logged in. I managed this before. Now I can't figure it out.

Back