Focke-Wulf 190A

pplace

I just started working on another project. Someone actually e-mailed me a couple months ago asking if I would model this airplane for him. I've finally decided to start on it.

I know I started (actually just brought up again) a lot of controversy and complaints about the ratings on the swap pages. I said I was certain to be done posting any of my work. After thinking it through.....it's hard not to share work with everyone on the forums. Also watching some of the latest files on the swaps....it does appear the "1" voter has possibly gone into hiding. Now that he/she is aware that the Admin's know who is doing it.

Okay that being said......this isn't too difficult of a model, but it will take me a while to finish. I am right in the middle of modeling a B-17 (plastic model) for a gentleman from my community that flew missions over Europe during the war. He was a radio operator and a tail gunner. Sadly to say his health is getting worse and worse each year. So I decided to reproduce one of the B-17's he served on and have it for display where he resides. So that is my #1 project....in front of the FW-190A

Here are a couple screen shots of the 190 so far. I just started working on this last night...so it's just basically roughed out with no detail work started.

Attachments

• FW-190A(ss1).jpg
    FW-190A(ss1).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 57
  • FW-190A(ss2).jpg
    FW-190A(ss2).jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 60
  • FW-190A(ss3).jpg
    FW-190A(ss3).jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
That looks very nice pplace!

Very clean modeling even in it's ROUGH state you say! , i'm still working on my technique ;)

It's sad that these guys that flew in the war are leaving us, it happens to us all in the end i guess, but i have alot of respect for these men and women who fought in the war. youth nowadays here in the UK could learn alot from them..

last time i made a plastic model was about 22 years ago :eek: lol

That looks very nice pplace!

Very clean modeling even in it's ROUGH state you say! , i'm still working on my technique

It's sad that these guys that flew in the war are leaving us, it happens to us all in the end i guess, but i have alot of respect for these men and women who fought in the war. youth nowadays here in the UK could learn alot from them..

last time i made a plastic model was about 22 years ago lol

Thanks for the compliments so far.

Yes those men and women who fought and struggled through the war deserve the respect they earned. I just enjoy listening to stories from this gentleman/friend. I sat down and chatted with him a few days ago and told him what I wanted to do....it made him smile. He said "Oh that was so long ago I wona't remember anything........" So we just chit chatted and as time went by he did remember stories and memories and information!

I also was out of "plastic models" forever. Then I decided to make a model for my son a while back and that got me interested again!

Gear doors and bays....

Worked a little bit on the 190 tonight. I was able to get the main gear doors and landing gear bays laid out, cut and lowered into position. Nothing too much really...but it sure helps the model take shape.....seems to give it a bit of "attitude" also?!

Attachments

• FW-190A(ss4).jpg
    FW-190A(ss4).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 57
  • FW-190A(ss5).jpg
    FW-190A(ss5).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 27
  • FW-190A(ss6).jpg
    FW-190A(ss6).jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 39
Just to show difference.....

A member on the forums pm'd me asking if I knew about the FW-190 that dhk79 modeled, he wasn't sure if I was aware of this before I spent too much time modeling my FW-190............

It was very nice of him to pm me with that information......

I was well aware of that particular FW-190, as it was the "build thread" that dhk79 did. (Which is the one I learned to model from)

That particular FW-190 was the "D" model.....I am doing the "A" model.

Attached are reference pics of each........

You'll notice there is not much similarities between the two aircrafts really. The "D" model is a long slender aircraft, particularly the nose. Where the "A" model is a short stocky aircraft. i.e. the nose is very short. It's my personal oppinon that the "A" model looks more aggresive as a fighter? And it's probably the FW-190 that most people think of when they picture it in their minds??

Either way we will now have one of each!

View the attachments to see the differences....

Attachments

• FW190D.jpg
    FW190D.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 31
  • FW-190A.jpg
    FW-190A.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 33
Does this mean...

...that you intend to put it up on the swap pages? If so; good for you. You
didn't let one bad apple spoil it for everyone, and now we can all share in
your fine models. We appreciate the effort and talent of all those who
toil and fret over their models and then selflessly share their creations with
the rest of us. :) :)

Jim

Yea i suffered a dreaded vote of 1 on my model aswell!

Funny it was very early that i got it, then all other votes were 7 and above.

Just ignore the voting system and try the models for yourself.

hope this isnt too far off topic, but Im a complete noob here, and dont see any "swap" pages you guys are talking about.

if you could be so kind as to direct me there, Im dying to add some warbirds to my sim!!

thanks for your time. and sorry about the off topic post.

Swap pages are...

... reached by clicking on the blue band at the very top of this page; right in the
center where is says; "Swap Pages". To the left you will see "Members", and on
the right it will say "New Posts".

Good thing it wasn't a snake .... Huh?

Jim :)

Hey man whats up? Havent been on for a while .
Would you mind making both varients?

By both varients do you mean the "A" and "D" versions that I showed above??

If so you know that dhk79 already made the "D" version a while back.

Wingman57 said:
hows it coming pplace :D

Slow!!

I've been working on it a bit here and there. I've got the gear and wheels pretty much finished (I did the gear as scale as I could)

A few things have set me back though: I've gone back and have been tinkering around on my F-82 twin mustang that I never finished 100% due to a pile of minor problems (So I was never happy with the airplane) I seem to have most of the major bugs worked out now. Now that I'm pretty sure the airplane will work......I can start "mapping" it and do the C.S.

Also my wife has been needing the computer for some EMT training.

But.....I will finish this project!

Actually I wouldn't mind it one bit if anyone wanted to help me find some really nice detailed pics of the cockpit. Possibly even a drawing with the controls labeled? I've got a few pictures to work from.....but more never hurts!

Try to find something that shows, the gauges, floor area (rudder pedals etc) side panel controls (left and right) and even the seat and rear cockpit area.

That would help me out a ton!

Thanks in advance

Back