New Product: Great Planes RealFlight Drone w/InterLink Elite

How about the 7.5 upgrade? Would that work with the interlink controller serial number that comes with this new version? Kind of a good deal if it works that way. Buy Drone edition and the upgrade to 7.5 and it's 2 versions of Realflight for $180.00. For a new purchase of Realflight, that's what I would do. It works out to be just 10 bucks more than the 7.5 interlink edition of the software and the purchaser would have all the new content.

Astute observation. :) Yes, we are pleased to say that upgrade path is available!

I've read the entire thread but.....

no on has asked the obvious question....is this being sold with just the software and NOT the Interlink controller? I already own RF 7.5 with an Interlink and I'd like to add Drone to my collection but I don't need an extra (expensive) controller laying around. Like a previous poster just said...I just plunked down some serious $$$ for a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and I'd kind of like to practice at home (the DJI app has a built in simulator but it's very basic with no camera functions). So will the software alone version be offered later? Is this considered and add-on to RF 7.5? Can it be downloaded? So little info out there....

no on has asked the obvious question....is this being sold with just the software and NOT the Interlink controller? I already own RF 7.5 with an Interlink and I'd like to add Drone to my collection but I don't need an extra (expensive) controller laying around. Like a previous poster just said...I just plunked down some serious $$$ for a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and I'd kind of like to practice at home (the DJI app has a built in simulator but it's very basic with no camera functions). So will the software alone version be offered later? Is this considered and add-on to RF 7.5? Can it be downloaded? So little info out there....
here is what the features include and yes the interlink Elite is included

This is the Great Planes RealFlight Drone Flight Simulator
with InterLink Elite Controller on Mode 2.
Not compatible with Windows XP, Mac platforms or
Windows emulators such as Virtual PC on a Mac.
FEATURES
Allows pilots to maneuver their drones for impressive aerial photos,
and develop FPV camera and gimbal control skills risk free on their
computers
Fifteen different drones from small-sized racers to large aerial
photography platforms, including quad, 6-rotor, and 8-rotor designs
Twenty flying sites
Many of RealFlight's popular features include,
RealPhysics 3D, including multi-rotor physics
Reactive 3D Objects
TruView Realistic Lighting
Reset/Rewind
InterLink Elite Controller requirs no batteries or complicated setup
Offers 8 channels for easy access RealFlight's drone features
Operates all software functions through the controller using
_ QuickSelect - no juggling between mouse and keyboard
InterLink Elite is compatible with the trainer jacks on most
Futaba and all JR, Spektrum and Tower Hobbies systems
INCLUDES
RealFlight Drone Flight Simulator Disc
InterLink Elite Controller with Adapters for use with trainer jacks
on most Futaba and all JR, Spektrum and Tower Hobbies systems

here is what the features include and yes the interlink Elite is included

This is the Great Planes RealFlight Drone Flight Simulator
with InterLink Elite Controller on Mode 2.
Not compatible with Windows XP, Mac platforms or
Windows emulators such as Virtual PC on a Mac.
FEATURES
Allows pilots to maneuver their drones for impressive aerial photos,
and develop FPV camera and gimbal control skills risk free on their
computers
Fifteen different drones from small-sized racers to large aerial
photography platforms, including quad, 6-rotor, and 8-rotor designs
Twenty flying sites
Many of RealFlight's popular features include,
RealPhysics 3D, including multi-rotor physics
Reactive 3D Objects
TruView Realistic Lighting
Reset/Rewind
InterLink Elite Controller requirs no batteries or complicated setup
Offers 8 channels for easy access RealFlight's drone features
Operates all software functions through the controller using
_ QuickSelect - no juggling between mouse and keyboard
InterLink Elite is compatible with the trainer jacks on most
Futaba and all JR, Spektrum and Tower Hobbies systems
INCLUDES
RealFlight Drone Flight Simulator Disc
InterLink Elite Controller with Adapters for use with trainer jacks
on most Futaba and all JR, Spektrum and Tower Hobbies systems

Yes Doug, I understand that...my question was if it's sold WITHOUT the interlink controller for those of us who already have it and just want to add the software.

Yes Doug, I understand that...my question was if it's sold WITHOUT the interlink controller for those of us who already have it and just want to add the software.

It's only sold with the interlink. It's a stand alone version of Realflight. Only multirotors are included and from what I can see only 2 additional models are included with Drone edition that we don't already have in 7.5.

"Yes Doug, I understand that...my question was if it's sold WITHOUT the interlink controller for those of us who already have it and just want to add the software."

oops i should have worded it different , but all that it shows was this version with the interlink Elite controller and no software only.

The 2 Quads that Realflight 7.5 doesn't have are the ones I have attached. They seem to be the Helimax Voltage and the Hubsan X4 Pro. I Counted 14 models total for Realflight Drone.

Everything else Realflight Drone does and has, is included in 7.5.

It would be Nice to get an final update to 7.5 with these models though.

Attachments

• quad1.JPG
    quad1.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 39
  • quad2.JPG
    quad2.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 41
The official site is up! http://realflight.com/drone/index.html

To answer some questions posed earlier:

RealFlight Drone is offered as a single package that includes the InterLink Elite controller.

Here are the features that are unique to RealFlight Drone vs. RealFlight 7.5:

New Models:
  • Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D - The motors on this quadcopter reverse, allowing inverted flight and aerobatics.
  • Hubsan X4 Pro (two variants, with and without prop guards) - Designed as an aerial photography/videography platform. Includes a tiltable 1-axis camera gimbal.
New Gadget:
RealFlight Drone adds a Flight Modes gadget. This gadget displays all the available flight modes for the currently loaded model and indicates which one is active. It also provides more detailed descriptions of each mode in the form of a tooltip. See attached screenshots.

New Flight Mode:
The Hubsan X4 Pro supports Headless mode, also known as Intelligent Orientation Control. When enabled, the meaning of "forward", "left", "right", and "back" is based on the aircraft's starting orientation. Pitch and roll inputs move the aircraft in those absolute directions regardless of which direction it's facing during flight.

As for whether some/all of these features will be added to 7.5, I don't know. It's certainly possible, and we think that makes sense. At this point I can't make any promises or suggest a timeframe, however.

Attachments

• Flight Modes gadget.png
    Flight Modes gadget.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Flight Modes gadget_tooltip.png
    Flight Modes gadget_tooltip.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 18
It's probably a separate installation so you won't loose the quads but they wouldn't be in both installations. Drone doesn't have multi-player, and probably doesn't allow for imports of custom models either. To me It's kinda like Realflight basic but has a better controller and multirotors only.

Last edited:
Careful, Johnny. That sounds like intent to pirate the software, which we will not tolerate here.

I did not say 7.5 users won't get the new models. That is a bad reading of my words. I said you might, and we'd like to do it. But they're not available in 7.5 today, you're right about that.

As a standalone product RealFlight Drone is naturally a separate installation. As csgill75 suggested, upgrading it to 7.5 by purchasing the software-only upgrade would be like upgrading from, say, 6.5. The end result would be two separate installations. Just remember that RealFlight Drone and the InterLink Elite will still be considered part of a single software package, meaning you could not sell just the RF Drone software and keep the InterLink for use with 7.5.

Thanks 12oclockhigh. :)

Ryan, is it correct to assume that swap file aircraft cannot be imported into Realflight Drone? Can AV's be exported? Is the editor the same as 7.5? What about expansion and Mega packs? I'm guessing that they won't work? I don't mean to be asking a bunch of questions but these questions will eventually pop up here sooner or later. I just want clarification.

Last edited:
Ryan, I don't pirate :) Should have expressed myself more clearly, I meant I'll find someone who owns/will own RF Drone and test fly the new quads in their sim. I always like new stuff to play around with ;)

The thing that I liked seeing is the flight modes. I hope that KE will consider adding the other DJI flight mode... Home orientation. Having the pilot as the center of universe. Of course, this breaks down inside 90ft, so you would have to throw in that screwy-ness too! :)

What about flying above 400', is there a warning? (could be turned off). I don't know about the radius from an airport... but that could be part of the same warning... and the display of the warning could be counted, transmitted and used as evidence in a criminal case preventing the defendant from a claim of "I did Not Know". Ahhh the beauty of big brother....

Now ... don't get your panties in a knott.. I was just kidding (mostly)!

Ryan, another question. Since you now have a 3D quad, that Heli-Max thing, in there, did you get the flight controller to work properly with that kind of aircraft?

Back then in 7.50.013 beta you had the Invertix 400 which you then removed because the fc wasn't up to it. I actually got to fly pretty realistically, so I carried it over to .015 release because I didn't want to lose it, but it still isn't perfect obviously.

Do you think a future update for 7.5 could bring us the whole (possibly improved) flight controller of Drone, so that I can make that Invertix fly right, or even that you could bring it back for everyone?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1445949558.jpg
    ScreenShot1445949558.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back