AMR Monster Stick 150

I added a few more things before I start mapping. I added the exit caps for the rudder and tail wheel wires and also added wires for the throttle and choke. The last thing I added was the fuel line for the engine. I think it's ready for mapping now. But it's time to take a little break and rest. Here's a picture for you.

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stik 150 26.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 26.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 12
I started mapping this morning but there's a lot of parts in this plane now, there's 251 mapped parts. I remapped the fuselage this morning and mapped the new parts I added to the engine. It will definitely look better when you look up in the carb and see the throttle and choke plates. And the levers for them use ball links to connect a rod running into the fuselage. Lots of little details in this plane. Of course that won't make it fly better but I like all the little parts I added to it.

A bit more progress today. I mapped the fuselage, wings, hstab, and vstab. Now the only thing left is the little parts. But I'm on break right now :)

Good to hear it's coming along. I hope your other project is progressing. It was a wild and windy day here yesterday. Today is cold but good for flying.

Ha.. The weather here is still bad so I haven't done anything outside yet. Surely it will warm up a bit and stop raining for a few days so I can do it. But I'm still waiting. But that's good for modeling I guess.

Well it got to me so I went back and added flaps, the kit supports them and I'm sure someone will want them. So it has flaps now.

Can we make a bet you don't tweak it some other way and have to re-map it at least once ? .. Hehe :) I got lots of good heli flights in today from big to small.

Well I did have to remap the wings after I added the flaps. I map the wings and the ailerons at the same time so once I added the cut for the flaps I needed to remap the aileron-flap combination but since they're all together I had to remap the whole thing.

Boy being old changes things. Sometimes I get tired and go to bed around 9pm but then about 2:30am I wake up and can't go back to sleep. So that's what happened last night so I've been up since 2:30am. I started mapping some stuff to at least do something since I was awake. I decided to go ahead and leave all the servo parts in so each servo and it's parts has 18 separate mapped pieces. So I mapped all six servos and a couple of other things. I still have 42 small parts to go before I'm finished with the first pass of mapping. Then I'll go back and overlay all the servo parts so there will only be one servo in the CS map so they won't take up much room. So things are moving along but a bit slowly.

If todays a nice day I plan to take my computer apart and go outside and blow all the dust bunnies out of it. It's on the floor beside my desk and gets really dirty. I may end up reinstalling windows so I'll be down awhile if I do that. So if I'm not around for awhile you'll know what I'm doing. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 without doing a fresh install funny things have been happening and they did recommend you do a fresh install instead of just upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10.

I hope it all goes as planned. It seems with computers and especially Windows though that never happens. I haven't had a problem on any of my 7-10 upgrades. Heck many of their "updates" are a total OS install anyways.

Here's what has happened to me I can't remember the exact wording of the error but it's happened once on an internal drive and I lost lots of data and a few times now on a USB drive I leave plugged in all the time. Now these errors NEVER happened while I had Windows 7 installed and there's been no hardware changes to my system since I upgraded to Windows 10.

What happens is. When I try to access a hard drive I get an error saying it isn't ready and if I try to test it the drive fails. So on the first hard drive error I let it reboot and fix bad sectors and ONE entire directory was destroyed, BUT just one folder on the drive NO files from any of the other folders were bad.

Then on three different occasions no a USB 3.0 hard drive I have plugged into a USB 3.0 port has had the same error, it said it wasn't ready. So the first time it happened since it was a removable drive I unplugged it and plugged it into another computer with Windows 7 installed and it came up perfectly and I did a scan on it and it was fine, not errors or even little fixes. Then I plugged it back into my Windows 10 computer and it worked perfectly and I ran a scan and it was fine, not even any little errors fixed.

Then the same thing happened twice again now to the USB 3.0 drive and unplugging it and plugging it into the Windows 7 drive was fine, then back to the Windows 10 computer and it worked fine again. All in all it's happened 3 times to the external drive and it's always fine when I plug it into the Windows 7 computer and works fine again when I plug in into my Windows 10 computer.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd rather fix it than do a fresh install to see if that fixes it.

A short update. I just finished mapping all 253 parts. Now I need to go back and overlay all the servos parts on top of each other so there's only one servo in the CS map. I'll do the same thing to the servo rods for the rudder and tail wheel. Then I have to resize and cram all those parts on the grid used to make the CS TGA file. So I'm getting there.

Ha. I'm the odd guy I really like Sticks (Stiks) with tricycle gear the best. They just look right that way to me. I think my 40 sized Stik was my second plane and I flew it forever. I can't remember what I did with it sell it or finally crash it. But I must have sold it. Anyone for a Monster Stick with tricycle gear? I may use one of those nice wheels I modeled for the main gear and make a trike version after I release the normal version.

I have a ton of external drives on my computer (I'm up to letter M) and none have had a problem. They are all running on a hub though and not directly into the USB 3 port on the computer. Also the ports of the hub are powered and do not rely on power from the PC.

I tri-gear Stik would be interesting. I had one once in the .40 size with tricycle gear.

Yeah I didn't have these problems before so that's why I want to do a fresh install. I have an appointment at the bank so I suppose I'll delay my work till tomorrow. The weatherman says it's going to be a nice day. Maybe the bank will give me a sample thousand dollar bill, just to be nice... wake me up I'm dreaming.

Ha. I'm the odd guy I really like Sticks (Stiks) with tricycle gear the best. They just look right that way to me. I think my 40 sized Stik was my second plane and I flew it forever. I can't remember what I did with it sell it or finally crash it. But I must have sold it. Anyone for a Monster Stick with tricycle gear? I may use one of those nice wheels I modeled for the main gear and make a trike version after I release the normal version.

I think a traditional wire nose gear would need a brace in the middle when it is 16+ inches long

16 inch long nose gear and 8 inch wheels, wow this is one big bird. I would be interested in the trike gear model if you decide to go ahead with it.

Just as a side note, here is the RTX 2080 benchmark vs the GTX 1080.
Performed the same flight pattern with Nexstar at Dry Creek RC Field, first log is from page two of Stagger build thread.
RTX 2080 installed easy, (no error codes) as reported by others, just used the Nvidia drivers clean out process I sent you, although the drivers for 1080 and 2080 are the same !!!

Attachments

• FRAPSLOG (GTX 1080).TXT
    103 bytes · Views: 7
  • FRAPSLOG.TXT
    222 bytes · Views: 4
Just as a side note, here is the RTX 2080 benchmark vs the GTX 1080.
Performed the same flight pattern with Nexstar at Dry Creek RC Field, first log is from page two of Stagger build thread.
RTX 2080 installed easy, (no error codes) as reported by others, just used the Nvidia drivers clean out process I sent you, although the drivers for 1080 and 2080 are the same !!!

Very nice which RTX 2080 did you buy?

Did you start the benchmark AFTER you were flying low over the tress and the whole benchmark is flying low over the trees? This is 1920x1080?

Thanks for posting this for me I was curious what the difference would be. You got a 30 fps increase in avg, min, and max and that's very nice.

I finished the first pass of mapping so the 1x1 mapping is still to go. I plan to go back and create the physics before I do the 1x1 mapping so I can fly it and release a beta. If you look at the map I think there's enough room to add the mapping for a Radial Engine in the open space on the left.

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stik 150 27.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 27.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 4
Well today's a great day, warm and sunny, so I'm going to shut down the computer and take it outside for a good cleaning. I don't think I'm going to reinstall windows yet I need to do some backup before I do that. Unless I get a wild hair going after I clean it up and change my mind.

Back