AMR Monster Stick 150

I'd prefer without myself. I used to fly mine upside down quite a bit.

Me too. On take off most of the time I rolled it over and did a circle around the field inverted. Yeah I'm a show off. Oh.. I had to go back and rework the leading edge of the elevator and rudder too. All of mine was rounded but the kit has them flat. The rudder is flat on both sides. (Triangle I guess)

Per plan the Monster Stick has 8.0 inch wheels on the front and 3.0 inch wheels at the tail. They look pretty big but that's the way the real plane looks. I don't have any pictures yet but I'll post some later.

I just started making the wheels for the Monster Stick. I haven't cut the holes yet or added the valve stems but it's time to to eat so I had to stop.

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stik 150 04.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 04.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 7
Here's the finished the wheel but I haven't added the valve stem yet. I'll adjust the blackness of the tire once I get it in RF so it's not completely blacked out.

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stik 150 08.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 08.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 9
I added the valve stem so the wheels are finished. They're not mapped so the colors are off. In the end the valve stem and cap will be different colors.

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stik 150 11.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 11.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 10
I added the fuel tank access panel today and recessed the cutout around it. If it doesn't cause any shading once I map the plane I'll leave it. But sometimes there's a bit of shading I can't get out and I don't want that to show up, so we'll see what happens. I'm going to stop adding stuff and map it so I can get it flying. Ha that's the most important thing to me, getting it flying so I can have some fun with it. The first version will have my Desert Aircraft Twin because I want it to match their prototype. I'm also going to use the color scheme from their prototype, it's simple but for some reason I like it.

Attachments

• Db86249.jpg
    Db86249.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 11
  • Tr51404.jpg
    Tr51404.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 9
Flaps and ailerons or just big ailerons. Dihedral either or is fine.

I wasn't planning on flaps they said it landed very slow and easy and didn't need flaps. I plan to add a bit of dihedral maybe1.5 degrees, just enough to see it but not mess up the way it fly's. Their prototype was ailerons only with a touch of dihedral.

Attachments

• Ws56929.jpg
    Ws56929.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 10
I added the valve stem so the wheels are finished. In the end the valve stem and cap will be different colors.

Are you going for chrome valve stem caps and air filled tires, or green caps and nitrogen filled tires ? ….you really are one for detail, great work Technoid.

Are you going for chrome valve stem caps and air filled tires, or green caps and nitrogen filled tires ? ….you really are one for detail, great work Technoid.

I was planning on a dark(ish) valve stem with black cap like you see lots of the time. Like the generic black plastic caps for valve stems.

I went back and did some tweaking to the wings and hstab today I made the trailing edge square like the Monster Stick is. The wing and hstab I used to make them from was feathered out to a flat end. I also put on the DA Gas Twin engine. Here's render for you.

I need some help. Look at the picture of the prototype and tell me what the parts are on the front right side of the fuselage. Is the front part a Power Switch and and the back parts Gas Inlet and Outlet connections?

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stik 150 12.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 12.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Db86249.jpg
    Db86249.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 17
The front one is definitely a power switch. The back one is tough. It could be a fuel input and overflow out. If you can't see the fuel tank you need an overflow to know when it's full.

that or maybe charge port for ignition and radio batteries

Thanks guys I appreciate the input on that stuff. I may or may not add it later but was curious about it. I wanted to let you know I need to put modeling on the back burner for a few days or a week to get some stuff done around the house. I'll still check in to see what's going on from time to time but will probably be too worn out from other work to model any. But I'll be back at it soon.

Don't overdue it. You've already given us lots to enjoy. Maybe folks can take the time to go back and enjoy some of your past efforts they haven't flown in a while.

Thanks. It was rainy and cold here today so I didn't start on my project, which gave me some time to play so I worked on the Monster Stick.

Back