AMR Monster Stick 150

Very nice which RTX 2080 did you buy?

Did you start the benchmark AFTER you were flying low over the tress and the whole benchmark is flying low over the trees? This is 1920x1080?

Thanks for posting this for me I was curious what the difference would be. You got a 30 fps increase in avg, min, and max and that's very nice.

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC ULTRA GAMING 8G Dual-fan GDDR6 1635 MHz Base, 14000 MHz Memory PCIe3.0, 1815 MHz Boost Clock
334GT/s Texture Fill Rate.
Benchmark was take off, u turn right across the shelter, two passes low over the trees and back onto the runway.
Will have to try overclocking, to see what's possible.
I was considering the 1080ti but settled on the 2080 because there is more chance of driver improvement for the 20's and hopefully card performance.

I finished the first pass of mapping so the 1x1 mapping is still to go. I plan to go back and create the physics before I do the 1x1 mapping so I can fly it and release a beta. If you look at the map I think there's enough room to add the mapping for a Radial Engine in the open space on the left.

A radial will look great in that map blank space, and it will look incredible on the nose of Monster Stick 150. Technoid you are tweaking above and beyond.

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC ULTRA GAMING 8G Dual-fan GDDR6 1635 MHz Base, 14000 MHz Memory PCIe3.0, 1815 MHz Boost Clock
334GT/s Texture Fill Rate.
Benchmark was take off, u turn right across the shelter, two passes low over the trees and back onto the runway.
Will have to try overclocking, to see what's possible.
I was considering the 1080ti but settled on the 2080 because there is more chance of driver improvement for the 20's and hopefully card performance.

Okay cool that's a nice card for sure and is running a high boost clock too. You might be getting inflated benchmark numbers if you don't wait till you're low over the trees before you start the benchmark and stop the benchmark while you're still low over the trees. The fps is much higher when you're not low over the trees so that affects what FRAPS reports. With that card it might not matter but try it the other way and see if the numbers change. I'm on my wife's computer right now I decided to do lots of stuff to my room and the computer so I'll be working on that the next couple of days. But I'll check in from my wife's computer at least once a day.

Crossing my fingers and toes for you.

All the cleaning went great now I'm working on cleaning my desk and under it where the computer is, lots of dust bunnies there too. Then I'm going to back up my system and reinstall Windows 10 so I'll be down for a few days probably. But I'll check in once a day at least from my wife's computer.

I got up this morning and started getting my computer ready to put back under the desk and hook everything up. I have two monitors and four external drives so I have a lot of power cables and power supplies under my desk so tons of cables. To make it worse our file server sits next to my personal computer so lots of cables to route. Plus I have two UPSs to power the computers during the small power outages we have fairly often, a few seconds usually but they play havoc with all the computers we have so everything is on a UPS. I think I'm going to put off reinstalling Windows 10 for a week, to much work for an old guy :) Plus I'm in a hurry to start working on the physics for the Monster Stick. First I need to rework the color scheme I did for the final mapping then I'll start on the physics.

I'm looking forward to the first beta. I feel for you. I have 8 UPS, a server and rack with drives in an upstairs bedroom, and six external drives on the PC I use next to my chair. We don't have cable or sat for TV. All of them just have computers hooked up. The one in the living room has just about every game system on it as well.

I got my system hooked up and going, not everything but the basic stuff. I still need to hook up the external drives but this is enough for now. I have to go out for a while so I'll get to them tomorrow.

It sounds like you have tons of stuff. We have 4 computers, 5 UPS, and my external drives. One of the external drives is a CineRAID right now I'm just using it as individual disks. Anyway you have more than me for sure. But at least I'm up and going.

I finished updating the color scheme for the new mapping and got the Monster Stick going in RealFlight. I used the physics from one of the 96 inch sticks I released last year, of course it's way off but all the parts are there I just have to resize them and set new weights. After that I flew it around for a while to see what it looked like and I have to say I didn't like the flaps on it at all. They just looked out of place on a Stik to me. SO.. Since I mapped the wing/aileron combination before I added the flaps it was easy to revert back to the wing without flaps. So it's going to be a normal Stik without flaps, sorry if you wanted them.

Good to hear the mapping and color scheme are progressing along.
I think we will have enough lift on those Monster wings without the flaps.
Really looking forward to maiden flight.
Are you still considering a radial powered version and trike gear ?

Good to hear the mapping and color scheme are progressing along.
I think we will have enough lift on those Monster wings without the flaps.
Really looking forward to maiden flight.
Are you still considering a radial powered version and trike gear ?

The radial is definitely on the plate, the trike.. I don't know. But if I do it I'll work on it after I release the Monster Stick (probably). I started thinking this is a model of a real plane so I'm not quite sure if I should drop a tricycle gear on it.

The radial is definitely on the plate, the trike.. I don't know. But if I do it I'll work on it after I release the Monster Stick (probably). I started thinking this is a model of a real plane so I'm not quite sure if I should drop a tricycle gear on it.

I would have to say drop the tricycle gear since it comes as a kit set up for a tail dragger. there is internal bracing that would need to be changed to have the main gear moved and extra bracing for the steering gear

I would have to say drop the tricycle gear since it comes as a kit set up for a tail dragger. there is internal bracing that would need to be changed to have the main gear moved and extra bracing for the steering gear

That's what I've been thinking too this is a model of a real plane so I should keep it like the real model

I started working on a five cylinder radial for the Monster Stick. At one point I created a five cylinder radial for the T-28 with a modified cylinder (fins and valve covers) but at the time I was having the unexpected error so I tried cutting the back of the engine off to reduce the triangle count and forgot to save an unmodified copy of the new cylinder design. So I started working this morning to recreate it. I have one cylinder finished so I'll map the engine with one cylinder and then duplicate the first cylinder and rotate it one and a time to make the other four cylinders. That way I only have to map one cylinder. That will save a fair amount of work. So a bit more time before I work on the physics and beta. Sorry about that.

I mapped the radial engine tonight with one cylinder so now I need to copy the first cylinder four times and rotate them to create the other cylinders. If you make a copy of the first cylinder it already has the mapping so I can use them to make the other cylinders and save a lot of work. So I'm getting there.

I wasn't quite finished with the radial mapping last night. I finished mapping the parts but then all the parts are the full size of the TGA grid so you have to go back and resize all the parts and fit them in the grid. I just finished doing that so I'll upload a picture of just the radial engine mapping.

Now I need to do what I mentioned before, duplicate the first cylinder four times and then rotate and position those cylinders around the case. The mapping from the first cylinder should follow the duplicated cylinders and then I'll really be finished.

The radial I'm doing is in a separate area so I can import it into any project in the future and have a five cylinder radial that's already mapping with the new cylinder design. Like I mentioned before I created the new cylinder design for the T-28 but because of the 'unexpected error' that kept happening I cut the back of the engine off to see if lowering the triangle count would fix it, but it didn't. BUT.. the problem was I didn't save the new cylinder design before I cut the engine in half so I had to make it all over. The new cylinder design makes the cooling fins more rounded like the Moki and the Valve Train was angled a little bit more too. It still has Valve Covers like the O.S. MAX but it looks better with the changes. So now because it's in a separate file I can import it into other planes easy. HA. All this work is because I'm a dummy and messed the first version up.

Attachments

• Five Cylinder Radial New Cylinder Design 01.jpg
    Five Cylinder Radial New Cylinder Design 01.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 2
I finished the new five cylinder radial this morning. I had to duplicate the first cylinder four times and rotate and place them on the case. There were a few small tweaks to finish it up but no biggie. But all's good now and I'll add the radial to the Monster Stick. The mapping from the imported radial should be there too if everything works as expected. Then I'll move and resize the new parts in the mapping and add the engine colors. Then the Monster Stick will have both the Gas and Radial engines and you can hide / show the engines in the RF editor.

One thing that's a potential problem. The engines won't be the same length so I'll have to deal with that once I get the radial imported. But we'll see what happens.

Okay here's the radial on it. Does it look right?

Attachments

• AMR Monster Stik 150 28.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 28.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 16
  • AMR Monster Stik 150 29.jpg
    AMR Monster Stik 150 29.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 20
There must be something I'm seeing wrong. Where do the connecting rods go with that deeply inset crankcase? The cylinders seem to be hanging over empty space rather than the enclosed crankcase. It looks to me as if the nose-cone/front-wall of the crankcase is sitting at the back of the engine rather than closing the front of it.

Okay here's the radial on it. Does it look right?

No the case is too big and the cylinders are too small. here is a bigger picture https://www.aeroscale.shop/products/moki-s250
a10182117-225-p-18267.jpg

Back