Recent content by ddaniel13

1. D

Getting a new PC

Good morning, I think its time to move on from this tired old $300 Laptop. I've got a budget to deal with. I've pretty much decided on The Intel 9th Gen I-7 9700. with the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060. Probably get the Asus 24" monitor with 144 refresh. This is definetly more computer than I've ever...
  2. D

Rage

Tech...Your attention to detail is incredible. I am always amazed with your creations. I'm sure the Rage will be just a Great as the rest of your fleet. One of my dad's greatest advice to me growing up was, "Son take your time, do it right" I'll be glad when the Houston weather improves, Dave
  3. D

frame rate question

Good evening, Can someone give me a basic Need to know on this topic? I've been running RF8 on this laptop for a year or so, and It does pretty good. I have no real complaints, It does glitch once in a while. Don't have the means to get any High powered computer, nor the desire. Whats the...
  4. D

AMR Monster Stick 150

Awesome. Thank you for all the hard work, I need to find that yellow CS that was on one of the early beta's. Happy New Year Dave
  5. D

AMR Monster Stick 150

I keep coming back to this plane, Its flies so well. I'd like to learn how to do some color schemes. This would be a good model to work with. Thank Tech and all those that contributed and Most of all Merry Christmas Dave
  6. D

AMR Monster Stick 150

I really like your version, Back in the day my dad and I, had probably 6 different sticks. 40, 60 size, I even had a tricycle gear variant that I really loved. Your work is a labor of love, There are plenty of us that appreciate your efforts. Thank you Dave
  7. D

What's the correct screen size & viewing distance for RF8?

I run RF8 on a smaller laptop as well. This Lenova has an HDMI port. I usually keep it connected to a dedicated 40" 4000K tv with much better results, It runs smooth. You'll need to play with your resolution a bit. Dave
  8. D

Stagger

I really like this Stagger with the 4 stroke. It totally resembles a plane I built 37 years ago. If my memory is correct, I ordered the plans from the classified section of a magazine, Those were the good old days, No internet. Mail in a check or money order & wait. I really liked that plane. I...
  9. D

Aircraft with Guns

I dont quite understand it. I can copy the fuel trucks, there all set to Collidable and they do explode. Turn off the collidable and they don't explode. All the other objects I checked were set to collidable, but they do not explode. who knows Dave
  10. D

Aircraft with Guns

I've been having fun flying Mr Technoids P38, & The Bearcat. Ive noticed in a few of the airports with the Fuel tanker, that it will actually explode with machine gun fire. This is cool. Have not found any other explosive targets. How is this feature managed? Is it in the Airport build editor or...
  11. D

Hobbico Has Filed Chapter 11 Bankruptsy

Sad day, I remember buying from Tower 30+ years ago, back when it was a good company. Back when Carl Goldberg and Sig were in there prime Dave
  12. D

planes jumping around like crazy

It works! That did the trick Thank you Dave
  13. D

its the Extra 330sc_ea Wont let me post the actual link thanks Dave
  14. D

I've noticed on some of the downloads from the swap pages, apparently older builds, That the aircraft sits in the starting position and jumps all around. Throttle up and it flies OK. What setting is there to control this? thanks Dave
  15. D

B29 in RF8 wheels break off

Awesome, thank you for that response. Well written, I did raise it and now the flight is good. Thanks Dave
Back