Recent content by tg2btrue

1. T

G4.5 on laptop

jeffpn, Thank you...
  2. T

G4.5 on laptop

opjose, You've been excellent in all your help, assistance and comments... How do you create those " click " me links which hide all details of larger link
  3. T

Incorporating New EDFs Into G4.5?

Well broke down and purchased G4.5... Relatively easy to install. Upgraded to lates .4.50.36. Encountered d3dx9... issue, but resolved that by re-installing Directx9 again. So now i'll practice on SIM; however, thinking forward concerning planes I feel i could start with one of the...
  4. T

G4.5 on laptop

Called Techsupport and confirmed they don't accept returns... So went ahead and purchased G4.5 anyway figured worst comes to worst, i'd be out of $216 only. Well, everything went smooth except i ran into that d3dx9_36.dll error Fixed error by re-installing Directx... Inserted G45 DVD Ran...
  5. T

d3dx9_36.dll error

I encountered this same error after installing G4.5 today. My System Configuration: Laptop Specs: Laptop: HP Pavilion 9500T CPU: 2.40Ghz Core 2 Duo Memory: 4GB O/S: Vista Ultimate SP1 x64 Graphics: GeForce 8600M GS ( 256 dedicated ) + ( 1791 shared ) = 1GB Display: 17” 1440 x 900 32bit 59Hz...
  6. T

My only concern was whether or not i could return package if it turns out to be super sluggish in response due to graphics card. Demo runs fine see numbers below Graphic Frames/Sec : 170+ with all settings: Clouds, Particls, Pilot Nametags Scenery Objects Shadows Terrain Detail Trees Wind...
  7. T

G4.5 on laptop

Hope information below will be useful to someone. I know it will be to me for future reference to compare to better or lesser graphic cards G4 Demo: Graphic Frames/Sec : 170+ with all settings: Clouds, Particls, Pilot Nametags Scenery Objects Shadows Terrain Detail Trees Wind Field Indicators...
  8. T

G4.5 on laptop

Downloaded free G4 demo and it appears to be working... Hope that means G4.5 will work when it's installed?
  9. T

Aros, Can't tell you how much i appreciate your sharing info and pics... As they say pics are worth a thousand words...
  10. T

Thanks again to both Opjose and wjkssmd. Hope you and others don't tire of me saying thank you... I really like the plane you mentioned Opjose... ( very inexpensive and apparently durable too ) Motor / props being on top is one less item i will ruin / destroy when landing...
  11. T

G4.5 Performance, PC Specs & Vista Ratings

I want to purchase and install G4.5 on my laptop which is running vista. However, I'm concern G4.5 may not work with my graphics card which meets minimum requirements or if it does work, performance may be too sluggish. Below are specs for my laptop. If you own a laptop running " Vista "...
  12. T

G4.5 on laptop

Sorry for another post concerning G4.5 on laptop. I read many of the threads on this site and others. If anyone has configuration like mine ( one listed below ) and it works with G4.5, let me know. I’ve sent same info to RealFlight, but don’t want to wait until next week or longer to get...
  13. T

Aros, Thanks for being completely open and honest about your experience. I’m a newbie to rc planes and I was about to commit same error. Yesterday I spent all day reviewing and comparing planes at banana hobbies and nitroplanes. I was prepared to purchase Spectrum DX7 and one of the...
Back