Recent content by The Virginian

1. T

Install on iMac running Windows 7

I have been successfully running RF on a Mac for years. Once you have set up Boot Camp, installed the Mac windows drivers, and installed Windows you should have no more problems with installing and running RF than you would have with a true Windows machine. In fact RF may even run better on...
  2. T

Realflight for Mac

Hey, 3-DMan I wouldn't even think of dissing your iMac 27" Thunderbolt i7. It's a good machine. But times change. Five years ago, at my place of work, everyone had a top-of-the-line desktop PC with all of the best software. We were very pleased with what we had. We also had two less...
  3. T

Realflight for Mac

I guess the Major and jeffpn have missed my points. The OP asked if there would be a Mac version since OS X was becoming so popular. Jeffpn responded that Windows was still the most popular and that Apple was not gaining very much on Windows so no Mac version was needed. My response was that...
  4. T

Realflight for Mac

No offense taken, Norton. The OP said that Macs were becoming the more popular computers and a later post said that Windows seemed to be staying at about 95 percent of the market. I was trying to point out that the market for processor based devices was changing and that the type of computer...
  5. T

Realflight for Mac

Actually Both Positions Have Merit The large number of installed PCs (particularly business PCs) keep the Windows OS sales up. However the growth in devices such as smart phones, tablets, net books (nearly killed by the tablets), iMacs, Zunes (if they still exist), iPods, and various other...
  6. T

Understanding how Windows works on Mac

OK, here's what you need to do. Use Boot Camp to set up a partition upon which you want to install Windows. That partition can either be on an already existing hard drive or you can add a hard drive to your system which is reserved for Windows. You will need a copy of whatever version of the...
  7. T

Rendering problem - All white aircrafts

Parellels Pappy, now you've gotten me confused. Didn't you say on 3/13 that the full version of RF5.5 doesn't work in Parallels?
  8. T

Rendering problem - All white aircrafts

Parallels Pappy, Parallels simulates in software some of the things that Windows does in hardware. For example, when I run Parallels, not all of my peripherals show up like they do with Bootcamp. I sometimes have to tell Parallels what types of emulators to use with the Windows software that...
  9. T

RF 5.5 in Parallels

Parallels Parallels uses software that is different from the Windows software for video output. That could be your problem. I don't see why you don't use Bootcamp. It is far superior to Parallels for running Windows based software. You can even use Parallels linked to Bootcamp to run a...
  10. T

what size monitor

Must match pixels A video card is going to only output the number of pixels that it is told to output. If you have a 1920x1080 monitor or TV and your card can only output 800x600 or if RF is set to output 800x600 then you will only see 800 of the 1920 horizontal and 600 of the vertical pixels...
  11. T

re: Mac Compatibility

Bootcamp is the way to go In order to use VMWare or Parallels you need a Windows OS anyway. Just activate Bootcamp (get help from Apple, if you need it) and install the Windows OS. RF will run just as it would on a PC and you can get tech support if you have problems. RF runs better on my...
  12. T

re: Mac Compatibility

RF on Mac Use the Bootcamp application on your Intel Mac (it must be Intel) with OS 10.4 or later. You will also need to load a working version of either Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 as well as Real Flight. Make sure that your Mac meets the RF requirements for processor speed, memory, and...
  13. T

iMac Bootcamp-Windows & G5 Compatibility

Windows Version I have Windows XP Professional running on 10.6.3 with Bootcamp and G5 runs without any problems.
  14. T

Realflight G5 Registration/activation Problems

I have been told that this problem and others are supposed to be fixed early next year. This is the first piece of software that I have ever installed that couldn't find the right drive. G5 can automatically find the correct installation drive for the software but can't find the drive to store...
  15. T

Problems entering your serial numbers?

I have been told that this problem and others are supposed to be fixed early next year. This is the first piece of software that I have ever installed that couldn't find the right drive. G5 can automatically find the correct installation drive for the software but can't find the drive to store...
Back