DirtyHarry3033

Junkers Ju-52_EA

• Junkers Ju-52-0.jpg
    Junkers Ju-52-0.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 150
Here is my 4th effort for RF, the Junkers Ju 52/3m - aka "Tante Ju", aka "Iron Annie".

The Ju 52 began life in 1930 as the single-engine Ju 52/1m designed by Ernst Zindel for the Junkers works at Dessau, using a BMW or Junkers in-line liquid cooled engine. However, the design was seriously underpowered.

After seven 52/1m prototypes had been produced, all remaining planes were built with 3 radial engines - initally Pratt & Whitney nine-cylinder Hornets with later models using the BMW 132 (a licensed improvement of the Hornet) - hence the "3m" designation (for "drei motoren")

My model is painted with the CS seen on the Ju 52 in the movie "Where Eagles Dare." I've made an effort to reproduce the unique corrugated skin with normal-mapping, you may see some artifacts such as moire patterns or "banding" at certain distances and angles depending on your resolution and graphics card.

Be sure to take a close look all around both inside and out, including corrugated mapping on the interior, interior frame members, and as much detail as I could pack in on three 9-cylinder radial engines.

Enjoy!

3D Model - DirtyHarry3033
CS - DirtyHarry3033
Physics - DirtyHarry3033

Special thanks to tnorton12000 who provided me with a number of pics taken at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford for reference.

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back