Andy sent the Knight Twister to me and when I imported it in my RF9 it did the same thing as the Pitts, meaning it took several minutes to import and then if you loaded the plane in the Editor it took minutes to load in the editor too and then I got the unexpected error message and RF9 exited. So I have the same problem loading either plane the Knight Twister or the Pitts Challenger.What do you by "sent", where too...??
I just did two experiments and sent the results to Andy. What I did was take the KEX and the TGA files from the RF9 install that took so long and copied them to a temp folder inside my RF8 RFX directory and then Imported each plane in my RF8 and both of them imported quickly and worked fine. Then I exported both planes from my RF8 and then Imported both planes in my RF9 and they imported quickly and worked fine there too. So at this point it appears there's some sort of issue with the RFX file that Andy's RF8 creates because I can use the SAME files here and create an RFX that works fine. At this point I have no idea what the issue is but we're working on it. I thought I'd give a little info so you'd know what going on.