40% Pitts Challenger (Bulldog)

Looks good UT. Question though. I’m seeing some of the mounts for the rear stab flying wires are yellow while some are black. Is that an issue with my mapping? I thought I remembered mapping those separately. Is that not the case? I’ll look tonight when I get back to it as well.
I haven`t even looked into the flying wires yet Andy, thanks for bringing to my attention, where are they on the map.??? here`s a pic. of my map at this point.....

Attachments

• ScreenShot608.jpg
    ScreenShot608.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 15
I haven`t even looked into the flying wires yet Andy, thanks for bringing to my attention, where are they on the map.??? here`s a pic. of my map at this point.....
Ok, you’ve got the older version. There’s been a few changes to the map, but shouldn’t be anything that will effect what you’ve done so far. To the best of my knowledge, the front of the cowl May be different in size, and a few small parts like control horns and the tail gear are different. I’ll try to get you a good copy tonight. You won’t be able to see it on your model yet, but I’ll get you a final version of that very soon.

Ok, you’ve got the older version. There’s been a few changes to the map, but shouldn’t be anything that will effect what you’ve done so far. To the best of my knowledge, the front of the cowl May be different in size, and a few small parts like control horns and the tail gear are different. I’ll try to get you a good copy tonight. You won’t be able to see it on your model yet, but I’ll get you a final version of that very soon.
Any chance you can map the outsides of the wheel pants separately, so I can include the graphics on them..??? right now the outsides are stacked on top each other, as well as the insides..???

Any chance you can map the outsides of the wheel pants separately, so I can include the graphics on them..??? right now the outsides are stacked on top each other, as well as the insides..???
I’ll look into it. Shouldn’t be a problem, but may be scattered.

Just you know Andy, on the map, it`s the bottom one`s that are the outsides of the pants, don`t concern yourself with the inside/top one`s.

This one is quickly becoming one of my favorite builds so far as far as flying it goes. I'll be the first to admit that it probably doesn't fly realistically, but I like it. Here's a few shots from RF tonight.

UT, I made the following changes to the map. First, I said to heck with mapping those little flying wire mounts and just baked them in. Some are attached to flying wires, while others are attached to the stabs (I like things to break off randomly instead of uniformly). Second, I moved the left, outside wheel pant to the circled location on the .tga. I haven't created a template yet, but I will before I finalize everything and send it to you with a new model.

I'm going to release two models with this build. Of course the one I'm working on, and when UT completes his CS, I'll release a 6.5 version with his CS as the default CS. I'll then add his CS to the swaps to go along with My RF8 version and vice versa with the red. I'll also do the yellow for RF8.

Oh yeah, she lawn darts PERFECTLY!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• ScreenShot1587355254.jpg
    ScreenShot1587355254.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1587355307.jpg
    ScreenShot1587355307.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1587355410.jpg
    ScreenShot1587355410.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1587355553.jpg
    ScreenShot1587355553.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1587355633.jpg
    ScreenShot1587355633.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1587355731.jpg
    ScreenShot1587355731.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 04-19-20 at 11.12 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-19-20 at 11.12 PM.PNG
    349.1 KB · Views: 9
One more thing UT. Here is what the map looks like at the moment. As you can see, nothing but a few small items have been shifted around.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 04-19-20 at 11.28 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-19-20 at 11.28 PM.PNG
    480.9 KB · Views: 8
One more thing UT. Here is what the map looks like at the moment. As you can see, nothing but a few small items have been shifted around.
RE: post # 410, I get what you`re saying in the second paragraph and understand completely, the third one is a somewhat confusing to me at the moment, but we can go over that later. My main question is, how do I transfer what I`ve done onto the new template/map, have never done that before.:confused::confused:

RE: post # 410, I get what you`re saying in the second paragraph and understand completely, the third one is a somewhat confusing to me at the moment, but we can go over that later. My main question is, how do I transfer what I`ve done onto the new template/map, have never done that before.:confused::confused:
Using one of the select tools, you’ll select the area you’ve already worked on. Right click and choose edit >copy. Right click again and select edit >paste. This will give you a copy of that layer that you can now move around where you want it. Once positioned, you’ll anchor it to the tga.

I’m assuming since you asked this you don’t work with layers? If not, I highly recommend learning. It’s not difficult at all and makes adjusting things SOOO much easier.

You would be correct, I don`t work with layers, I probably won`t be doing another CS after this for awhile or until I get RF9, if that ever happens..??, therefore, I can`t justify learning layers now. SO, basically, what your saying is, I transfer things in the same way I do as any regular image.....I copy/paste, right..?? Any chance I can do that whole process in one step...??? I`m aware positioning would be a little bit of a challenge.

When I send you the new model and tga I’ll explain everything then. I hope to have that to you within the next couple days.

One last beta for you guys to try. Unless I have forgotten something, this will be the final version. Feedback requested. I just noticed before posting this that I need to adjust the tga on the bottom of the wheel pants just a bit, but other than that, please let me know if you see anything needing attention.

Attachments

• 40% Pilot Pitts Challenger_EA.RFX
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Main gear right wheel sinking into ground at Flight school HD is fixed, thanks Abaser.
I like the springy flat aluminum main gear, gives it an "independent suspension appearance" and I love the way the tail wheel springs, awesome detail.
Left wheel pant has no tga color on outside and occasionally tail wheel will bury itself in the tarmac. (only happens in Flight School HD) does not occur in other HD fields. The tail wheel sinking happens only very intermittently, (probably not worth fixing).
Yes I like the way the 40% Pilot Pitts Challenger fly's, fantastic model Abaser.

Attachments

• Tail Wheel.JPG
    Tail Wheel.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 10
Main gear right wheel sinking into ground at Flight school HD is fixed, thanks Abaser.
I like the springy flat aluminum main gear "independent suspension appearance" and love the tail wheel spring, awesome detail.
Left wheel pant has no tga color on outside and occasionally tail wheel will bury itself in the tarmac. (only happens in Flight School HD) does not occur in other HD fields. The tail wheel sinking happens only very intermittently, (probably not worth fixing).
Yes I like the way the 40% Pilot Pitts Challenger fly's, fantastic model Abaser.
Thanks for the input. I’ve fixed the wheel pant you mentioned after uploading this version. I did notice the tail wheel sinking a bit occasionally, but like you said, I can live with that personally. I think is the fact the collision mesh is so small? The wheel sinking was due to me having to reset X-form to fix a mirrored pivot and not collapsing that modifier. Liars field had the same issue, but that’s also one that if you turn off scenery objects you’ll get holes in the runway that you can’t see when the markings disappear.

Back