Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4

I appreciate the slow typing - although I probably could've read it faster then you were typing I understand that slow is the best way to get your point across. So, I'll also type slow ... Let's go back a bit, shall we? ...

In response to your post;

jeffpn said:
Hushed voice: It's not a resolution, it's a bonus

I said:

Law said:
Non hushed voice: It's NOT a bonus! It's what they said they would do when they annouced the release of G4;

10/18/2007;
"... We are still looking into some way of making these packs available to RealFlight G4 customers."

11/26/2007;
"FYI, we are still working through some issues regarding Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4. Please be patient. We'll make an announcement when we are ready."

01/18/2008;
"We haven't forgotten about them. That's all I can say at this point."

02/06/2008;
"We're close to making an announcement. Stay tuned.

03/04/2008;
"Almost there..."

Sounds to me like they'd planned to make the Add-Ons available to G4 customers. How can that be concluded as a "bonus"?

Now here's where we might actually agree. On 10/18/2007, when Jim said;
"... We are still looking into some way of making these packs available to RealFlight G4 customers."

I think we can both agree that he hasn't obligated KE to do anything but try to make the Add-Ons available. Feel better now? He's dangling a carrot but ... I'll concede there's no obligation, yet.

Then on 11/26/2007 when he said;
"FYI, we are still working through some issues regarding Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4. Please be patient. We'll make an announcement when we are ready."

Now here I see a commintment - albeit a rather small one but a committment. They're apparently making some progress. Why else would he have continued a discussion about the Add-Ons? I happen to be of the opinion that he's at least starting to obligate KE ... That dangling carrot is getting pretty apparent by now.

Then on 01/18/2008;
"We haven't forgotten about them. That's all I can say at this point."

That obligation is either getting bigger or that carrot is - I'm of the opinion that an obligation is strongly formed at this point. You obviously disagree, I can understand that. You'd rather look at that big carrot<?> ...

By 02/06/2008 when it was reported that;
"We're close to making an announcement. Stay tuned."

Add this statement in with the past one's and I see a rather firm obligation. Are you still watching the carrot? Because by this point I'm not sure how anyone could be thinking anything other then KE is about to announce that they've made the Add-Ons available for G4 Users. Do you really think that after more then three months of telling their customers that they're trying to make the Add-Ons available for G4 users that they'd come back with anything other then "... we've done it ..."? after they've just said: "We're close to making an announcement. Stay tuned."<?>

Of course then on 03/04/2008, we hear;
"Almost there..."

You're still watching that carrot, aren't you? No obligation as far as your concerned! No, absolutely NOT! Of course, I understand ...

That's where we disagree.

I see KnifeEdge as obligating themselves and you don't. You therefore consider the Add-Ons a "bonus". I see the Add-Ons as what I've been promised for the past three plus months.

No harm no foul, we just disagree. ;) No reason to get angry, sarcastic, and mean about it ... or is there? :D

Last edited:
Law said:
By 02/06/2008 when it was reported that;
"We're close to making an announcement. Stay tuned."

Add this statement in with the past one's and I see a rather firm obligation. Are you still watching the carrot? Because by this point I'm not sure how anyone could be thinking anything other then KE is about to announce that they've made the Add-Ons available for G4 Users. Do you really think that after more then three months of telling their customers that they're trying to make the Add-Ons available for G4 users that they'd come back with anything other then "... we've done it ..."? after they've just said: "We're close to making an announcement. Stay tuned."

Law, your biggest fault as I see it: You were ASSUMING that KE's announcement was going to be "that the add ons will work". Up to that point they never leaned one way or the other (if you think they did, you were only reading into it and speculating.)

They could easily have made the announcement......"Unfortunately after 3 months of trial and error we are unable to make the add ons compatible with G4"

Plus on top of all this........WHO CARES if you call it a bonus or an obligation? (Even though it is a bonus because they are free....not because they made them compatible)

Truth of the matter..........I don't care for your forum activity Law. As far as I'm concerned, you do nothing but try and "stir" things up and always twist things around so bad that the original intent of the thread is so lost and forgotten. Traditionally in the past all you do is end up looking like a real piece of work......at least you keep a tradition going!!

So true.....

Truth of the matter..........I don't care for your forum activity Law. As far as I'm concerned, you do nothing but try and "stir" things up and always twist things around so bad that the original intent of the thread is so lost and forgotten. Traditionally in the past all you do is end up looking like a real piece of work......at least you keep a tradition going!!

Sorry mate, not to cool.....

Last edited:
whats your pronlem law

law, here is how the add-ons are a bonus knife edge was NOT i repeat not obligated to make an anouncement or obligatded to do anyhing especialy give us compatibuilty for TEN year-old sofware. i'm not even sure what your mad about you got your ad-ons so whats wrong.

pplace said:
Law, your biggest fault as I see it: You were ASSUMING that KE's announcement was going to be "that the add ons will work". Up to that point they never leaned one way or the other (if you think they did, you were only reading into it and speculating.)

I thought that I’d made my position quite clear when I listed the chain of comments leading up to the final announcement that the Add-Ons had been made available to G4 users. I responded quite simply to a comment that jeffpn had made. Jeffpn (and others disagreed with my position because the Add-On’s were intended for G2 and G3.

I then reiterated my position that having been created for G2 and G3 did not change the fact that KE had “obligated” themselves to make the Add-Ons available for G4 ... I was then insulted by numerous contributors, and even threatened with the use of the “report button”.

Apparently anyone who doesn’t follow along and agree with the majority is fair game for any of the regular contributors feeling the need to insult or lash out. It reminds me of the grammar school playground. And, to think, I actually thought this forum was comprised of adults.

I’ve made my position clear, you obviously disagree and would rather think that I’m assuming ... even though just a few days ago you said;
“I imagine they were initially planning on making the add ons compatible (using the actual cd) As this is what the customers asked for......"I paid for my add ons and now I can't use them??" Was the average statement.”

You assummed they were planning to make the Add-Ons compatible. So did I! But when they kept telling us that they were getting close and that an announcement would be made soon, you assumed that they were going to tell us that they couldn't do it? Then apparently we disagree. No harm, no foul ...

Now you’ve decided that you “...don’t care for my forum activity ...” And other comments that don’t even deserve the time it takes to read them.

Why the insults? Why show us your lack integrity just to make a comment that has no bearing on the discussion at hand? The same goes for the rest of the lemmings. What have I said that causes “your kind” to feel such a strong need to lash out? You don’t know me. Have I said something that personally offended you? Or anyone for that matter? Or are you just reverting back to those playground bully days?

Last edited:
Lame!

Will you guys please stop giving him what he wants and stop replying to what he says! You guys are getting nowhere and ruining the thread!

dhk79 said:
Enough is enough.
Is a mirror in order here? Law, as I recently told you directly - You get what you sow.

You currently have 72 posts on this forum. In an effort to "get to know" you, I actually went through and read all of them from end to end. Of those 72 posts, about 3 are useful, helpful, etc. The other 69 are full of bile and attacks on other members, mostly trying to twist what they previously said. That's only about a 4% humanity check, but in it I still see you have the potential to be a welcome and valued contributor on this forum. Get off your high horse, apologize to everyone for wasting their time with minutia, and join the rest of us working slobs in the enjoyment of RC..

josh0987 said:
There he goes again.. Law... STOP speaking for others.

I don't understand why you guys want to continue this little game of "bash Law", But, I'll play along ...

First off - Josh, read. That's all you need to do ... read. Oh, and understanding would be an asset as well, but, we all can't have good reading comprehension, so - just read. If you do that you'll see that I was just repeating what he had said in his quote. Who's twisting things now?

dhk79, I know that sometimes it's hard to follow along, but, we're talking about whether or not KnifeEdge obigated themselves to make the Add-Ons available to G4 users - I've posted my position. Ignore it, contradict it or even agree with it makes no difference to me.

But, don't fall into the same trap as those kids you've tried to set right. Are you telling me: "You will be assmilated" ... because I can tell you right now that I have nothing to appologize for, and I don't live in the past. You can to stay up there on your high horse and continue to tell me what I should do and how I should do it if it gives you pleasure. As far as your conclusion that I have "... 69 <posts> are full of bile and attacks on other members, mostly trying to twist what they previously said." An opinion that has no merit. You've just shown me your true colors - that is the most vile attack I've read on these forums. You are correct when you say that you reep what you sow.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I would really want to read about the add-on's in this thread, and not personal disagreements.

jbourke must be able to eliminate/remove comments that are not applicable to this thread? Maybe this will prevent this forum from becoming useless or not attractive to read and maintain.

Please let's get back to the real subject, and be polite to each other!

Regards,

Marco.

I agree Marco!

I purchased G3 and learned of G4 being released and the rebate when I signed on to register the G3. And that was a good deal because now my son-in-law has G3.5 by virtue of the online FREE updates and I have a new G4 with packs 1-2 for free. Not too shabby for a little over $300 and both of us may save a plane or two as a result.

Looking forward to the FREE packs 3-5 too.

Thanks KnifeEdge,

Clay

Thanks KE

Thanks KE for providing the Add Ons 1 & 2. I can't wait for the rest of them. There were planes in the Adds Ons that I likes and were not there without the add ons.

Reading this thread seems like you can't win either way. You have released 1 & 2 and people are still bickering.

I wish you would eliminate some of the worthless post that clutter this thread.

Patiently waiting for 3, 4, & 5.

Back