Addict

technoid

I guess I'll do one more of my own designs (soft of) before I go back to a real plane. Here's the first picture of what I'm calling "Addict" because it's inspired by the real RC Plane Addiction XL. It looks a lot like the real rc plane but there's quite a few differences when you look close. But it's strongly inspired by the Addiction XL. It's not in the picture but I'll be adding a cowl and maybe some louvers.

Here's the specs.

Wingspan: 100 inches
Motor: Hacker Q80 8M
Battery: 12S 5000 ma
Prop: APC Electric 22x12

I have it flying and it's definitely Hot. Here's a render for you.

Attachments

• Addict 01.jpg
    Addict 01.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 20
another fun plane the Addict will be and i hear you on being adicted to RF i have been hanging around here since 2007

I worked on Addict today I cutout the canopy and then created a frame for it. I can't think of anything else I want to do so I guess it's time to do the mapping. I created it out of another plane so that helps because the parts are mapped already but are wrong because of the changes I made to them. But that makes it's easy to grab each part and remap which reduces the time it takes to get the mapping finished. Then I think Juke and Addict might stay at the beta stage for a while because I have another project I want to start. Those two planes were something to do while I decided on a real plane to do so I should be starting a new build thread soon. I went the long way around the barn this time deciding on my next project, at first it was going to be an AT-6, then it was going to be a B-24, and after that it was going to be a P-80. But after all that I decided to do something else that I haven't before ????. Well you'll find out what it is soon enough.

WELL, Technoid, it certainly sounds exciting, based upon what models you were considering, can`t wait to see what you decided on !!:D

WELL, Technoid, it certainly sounds exciting, based upon what models you were considering, can`t wait to see what you decided on !!:D

Well I think it will be a fun project but it's way down the food chain from the other planes I mentioned, not even in the same league.

Well I thought I was finished adding stuff but I forgot I wanted to add a cowl so I did that this morning and then finished the first pass of the physics, so maybe it's time to start the mapping now. But right now I'm taking a break.

I started mapping Addict yesterday and finished the first pass a few minutes ago, so far it looks pretty good but it's possible I'll have to do a bit of refinement after I look at it more. But none the less now I'll be able to create a color scheme for it and release a beta. Then after I release a beta I'll shelve both it and Juke and start working on a new plane. The nice thing is I'll have two planes that only need the final 1x1 mapping so I'll be able to release one of them quickly if I want to release something. Here's a picture of the mapping.

Attachments

• Addict 02.jpg
    Addict 02.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 8
I started mapping Addict yesterday and finished the first pass a few minutes ago, so far it looks pretty good but it's possible I'll have to do a bit of refinement after I look at it more. But none the less now I'll be able to create a color scheme for it and release a beta. Then after I release a beta I'll shelve both it and Juke and start working on a new plane. The nice thing is I'll have two planes that only need the final 1x1 mapping so I'll be able to release one of them quickly if I want to release something. Here's a picture of the mapping.

be nice to have the beta with a CS map to get a start on CS's for it :)

I worked some more on Addict today. I created a CS for it today but the Spec Map is only a single color so I need to finish that. Then I'll take a look at the 1x1 mapping and see how close it is, if it's fairly close I'll go with it and do the final tweaks before release. But if it's off a fair amount I'll spend some time and tweak it before the beta. If Doug's going to create a CS for it I want the 1x1 mapping fairly close before I upload a beta. Anyway not much longer. Here's a picture of where it's at.

Attachments

• Addict 04.jpg
    Addict 04.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 15
Thanks guys.

I just took a look at the 1x1 mapping and it's very close so I decided to finish the 1x1 mapping before I upload a beta. That way unless someone finds something wrong with the beta that requires remapping it will be finished and ready to upload. I like the milder flying Juke the best but this plane will probably be more popular because it's electric powered and a bit more modern looking. It's definitely a hotter flying plane but not crazy hot like real 3D models. But the electric motor definitely has a lot more power and pulls the plane much stronger.

I finished the 1x1 mapping this morning so now I need to update the CS TGA file with the final mapping and then create a SPEC MAP for it. Then I'll upload a beta for you guys to play with. After that it looks like I'll need to take some time to do some things around the house again. Ha.. I always put that off as long as I can because I'd rather model.

Back