Addict

I wanted a little more rudder authority so I went back and resized the elevator and rudder making the rudder a bit longer than the elevator. I made the rudder 1 inch longer and the elevator .5 inch longer which again brings it a bit closer to the Addiction XL shape. So now I need to go back and remap the hstab and vstab and update the CS files again. But I flew it for a while after the changes it's definitely worth the effort to fix it. In the beginning I liked Juke the best because it's not so quick handling but after flying it for a while I like this plane the best. So here I am going backwards again.

I wanted a little more rudder authority so I went back and resized the elevator and rudder making the rudder a bit longer than the elevator. I made the rudder 1 inch longer and the elevator .5 inch longer which again brings it a bit closer to the Addiction XL shape. So now I need to go back and remap the hstab and vstab and update the CS files again. But I flew it for a while after the changes it's definitely worth the effort to fix it. In the beginning I liked Juke the best because it's not so quick handling but after flying it for a while I like this plane the best. So here I am going backwards again.

Addict is already great, but now you have made it better.
So backwards is really moving forward then!
Technoid aircraft are always worth waiting for, Thanks again.

I just finished remapping the modified parts and updating the CS file with the new MASK from 3ds Max. Now I need to redo the color and stripes for the modified parts and i'll be finished. I did add one more thing I've been wanting to do. I added a screw at the tip of the spinner. I left a flat spot at the end of the spinner for it but forgot to add the mapping for it. Anyway there's a screw at the tip of the spinner and it has a slot cut in it.

I'm finally finished with Addict so here's another beta for you to play with. I'm sorry but if you created a color scheme for Addict you'll need to rework the HStab and VStab. The HStab moved some but the VStab moved a lot when I resized them. But this is the final mapping so feel free to work on a color scheme with this beta. I'm happy I went back and resized the Elevator and Rudder because it definitely improved the flying for 3D.

Here's what I remember changing from the first beta.

1. Added new color scheme.
2. Raised the wing to the motor thrust line to match the Addiction XL.
3. Lowered the HStab to better match the Addiction XL.
4. Made the Elevator .5 inch longer.
5. Made the Rudder 1 inch longer.
6. Reworked the plane weight to better match a scaled up Addiction XL.
7. Reworked the physics to match the changes.

The Addiction XL has a 10 oz. wing loading Addict has a 12 oz. wing loading so it's not quite the same as a scaled up Addiction XL. Please let me know if you find anything wrong so I can fix it before release. I don't know when I'll release it yet.

BRAKE: Elevator Up.

Attachments

• Addict 10.jpg
    Addict 10.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Addict_EA.RFX
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Thanks technoid. Here is a Blue CS for it. Colors are different on the bottom for orientation.

Attachments

• Addict Hawk Blue_CS.RFX
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Back