Air Tractor Fire Boss

Alaskan quicky Air repair. They're outa Talkeetna Alaska. I don't think they repair trucks. :D

Heck, his truck's fine! I was talking about the Beamer. I just figured your guys might be a little cheaper for him :p

wow

I saved the Fire Boss from the wreckage, the trees are ok too, LOL.

Attachments

• fire boss saved.jpg
    fire boss saved.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
This one is posted. Also I'm attaching a zip file that contains a CS .psd and an unconverted normals .psd in-case anyone wishes to do a CS for the Fire boss. Just remove the .rfx extension.

Attachments

• AT-802 CS Template.zip.rfx
    16.2 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Had to do a re-post because I left a guide layer turned on in the _s map and it was making noticeable lines across parts of the model. :eek:

I originally had them but Jim Anderson said that the drag seemed unnatural during take off. I have found from flying it quite a bit that a longer glide slope is required for a scale landing and if so the ground speed is minimal after touch down. Add them and see what you think.
I would never view a constructive opinion as a complaint 12oclock.

Last edited:
I have not tried it yet ...........One could always resort to adding some invisible (in the sim) spoilers /air brakes in the editor
unless you're planning on flying a real world RC version I don't see the harm

Boof, in regards to the brakes.Did you have them on "up" or "down" elev? Either way, I don`t see where drag should be an issue if the gear is in the retracted position while the plane is on water :confused: .I`m assuming that Jim made his evaluation of the brakes during a water takeoff :confused: :confused: :confused: ,please clarify :D .
The only other way that i could see an issue with drag, is if you put the brakes on "UP" elev, and trying a runway takeoff, WHICH I`M SURE YOU DID`NT DO.
If you could tell us what your setup was,and how Jim came to his conclusion (land or water takeoffs,or both) it would help those of us that may want to put brakes on this bird . :D ;)
Very nice plane BTW
TWIST

Well as the brakes would have no baring on water take-offs the opinion was concluded from ground take-offs. I had the brakes setup on the UP elevator and set to 75% strength. Jim's complaint was that the power seemed to be reduced as to what he expected while running up for take off. Adding more power was out of the question due to the target airspeed was already achieved. When the brakes were removed the feel was spot on for him. As this model was intended all along to be a scale bird the aforementioned longer approach more than does the trick IMO. Then again I've spent a long time flying this one and may have become accustomed to it. The solution was again endorsed by Jim Anderson.

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
I have not tried it yet ...........One could always resort to adding some invisible (in the sim) spoilers /air brakes in the editor
unless you're planning on flying a real world RC version I don't see the harm
If you get around to flying it i think you would conclude that the brakes aren't necessary for good controlled landings.

I was thinking this because it was a bit hard to taxi into position. ??? Brake drag ???... the brakes should only be applied when the elevator stick is about 60% pushed forward. No brakes at all when stick is centered or pulled back.

I flew it a bit off the water for a bit, nothing to comment, yet... I do like the bird, the "water drop" is awesome.

Boof69 said:
I originally had the but Jim Anderson said that the drag seemed unnatural during take off. I have found from flying it quite a bit that a longer glide slope is required for a scale landing and if so the ground speed is minimal after touch down. Add them and see what you think.
I would never view a constructive opinion as a complaint 12oclock.

Back