Air Tractor Fire Boss

This plane has lights under the wing nav lights a strobe light and head lights just behind the prop. The gaudy glow of the prop hides the head lights. It just looks better without it.

While putting together the prop thread I realized that RF 4.5 seems to choose its default from the top of the prop list
so exactly which prop the user sees as the default will change depending on if they have ex. packs installed (in my case its the Aerostat from Ex. Pack Six)

If they have All the add ons Installed and no Ex. Packs my guess is that they would see the APC Electric prop( Which unfortunately does glow)

I'll be recomending the mosquito prop for the G4 users but it will release with the mustang.

I got a chance to work on this for about an hour and a half today.
Started the IP and panel lines and dabbled with spec too.
Nothing is finalized but I just wanted to add a picture post.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1308719147.jpg
    ScreenShot1308719147.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 38
  • ScreenShot1308719422.jpg
    ScreenShot1308719422.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 36
  • ScreenShot1308719309.jpg
    ScreenShot1308719309.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 27
Boof69 said:
Let's just say my dad caught me flossing the dog. Not a good memory.
LOL, that would only really be a problem if he also saw you returning the floss to the cupboard.

Nice work!

Hi yall and nice work Boof! I was sifting through the forums to see if there was a Fireboss simulation and was starting to investigate how to create one when I found this thread. I am blown away and looking at what you have done I am very impressed with the accuracy and detail.
I have been contemplating designing a model of the fireboss with about a 90" wingspan and wanted to try modelling it for the sim. I also have been working on 2D graphics and have the fireboss logo for both sides done in illustrator.
I also fly the full scale aircraft and have many photos available for reference. I would like to offer any assistance I can as well as examples of two color schemes.
regards
jim

Attachments

• DSC_2657.jpg
    DSC_2657.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_2710.jpg
    DSC_2710.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_2706.jpg
    DSC_2706.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_2822.jpg
    DSC_2822.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Jim, you would be a perfect persion to do a pre release test flight, that is if you fly in the sim allready.

I'm pretty far into this color scheme so maybe someone else would like to do one of your color schemes, maybe you could make it. If you are a pilot of the full size aircraft and you fly RC as well then you would be the perfect person to validate the physics. PM me for the particulars.

Attachments

• F Tractor.jpg
    F Tractor.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 39
  • F Tractor2.jpg
    F Tractor2.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Whoa Nellie!!

There are some great projects on this board near completion. I will volunteer for a second color scheme and I would love to have a crack at the flying physics.

Anyone is welcome to do a CS for it. I will post the map in this thread when I'm done on this project as the finished .tga will not show where the pieces lay. I have had the flight physics done for a while now and am quite happy with the way it flys. Again anyone can do an AV. If you post either they will be a welcome addition.

Thanks Junkboy.
I have been corresponding with Jim Anderson (A RW pilot of the fire boss) and through his critiques I have honed the physics quite close to scale. He believes the roll rate, power to weight ratio, and looks are very scale. I have had the CS on hold for quite a few days due to a filled schedule and delayed correspondence with Jim due to his fighting fire in the fire boss in Alberta Canada. See his pics.. I have some time today for the CS and possibly Saturday. So the Fire Boss should be done soon. :)

Attachments

• DSC_5554.jpeg
    DSC_5554.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_5573.jpeg
    DSC_5573.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_5578.jpeg
    DSC_5578.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 20
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG