AJ Laser 230z 73

Looking much closer to finished. But then there is mapping, CS, etc. You wouldn't be happy if you didn't have something to work on.

I did adjust the brake strengths on Suzy Q like this one as it had the same tendency to nose over on hard braking. It wouldn't necessarily flip but it would cause a blade strike and kill the engine.

Oh yeah... I just love mapping. But it will be nice to get the mapping finished and start on the CS. I may use their latest color scheme called Patriot, it's pretty nice.

Attachments

• AJ Laser Patriot Color Scheme 05.jpg
    AJ Laser Patriot Color Scheme 05.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 8
I just finished the second intake hole on the cowl, here's a render for you. I hated to post the last render with only one hole, it reminded me of a One Eyed Jack. Next is rudder servo then I'll set it aside until I get my new system finished. But I want to add that before I stop so it'll be time for mapping when I pick it up again.

Attachments

• AJ Laser 230z 73 21.jpg
    AJ Laser 230z 73 21.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 8
I added the rudder servo today and also cut the cowl where it ends and expanded it so it looks like a separate part, but it's still part of the fuselage. I also added two screws on each side. Anyway here's a render of the rudder servo and the cowl. I'm also uploading the latest beta if anyone wants to play with it. I'll be stopping work on it now and do some honey do's that's built up and then finish my new system. I'll get back to it later but it might be a while.

Attachments

• AJ Laser 230z 73 22.jpg
    AJ Laser 230z 73 22.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 15
  • AJ Laser 230z 73 24.jpg
    AJ Laser 230z 73 24.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 14
  • AJ Laser 230z 73_EA.RFX
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
I can help you with couler schems if need be :)

Looking much closer to finished. But then there is mapping, CS, etc. You wouldn't be happy if you didn't have something to work on.

I did adjust the brake strengths on Suzy Q like this one as it had the same tendency to nose over on hard braking. It wouldn't necessarily flip but it would cause a blade strike and kill the engine.

I can help you with couler schems if need be :)

You still running on your server or you got that super computer all built now ?

Still on the server but I worked on the new system today and only have a few things to finish before I can start installing stuff, so I'm getting there. I just kept having odd problems and then needed to order more parts but it's going okay now. Then I hurt my back real bad and couldn't work on it for a few days so everything has happened this time. And then there's always the turn it on and does it work thing. I'm going to work on a special install disc tonight too. I still use Windows 7 which has some problems installing on the new Z170 chipset, the USB ports don't work unless you have the new driver on the Install Disc and I also need the M2 SSD drivers on it too. Asus has a tool that helps you create an install disc with the extra stuff on it so I'll be working on that later tonight. So chip chip it's getting nearer.

Ha.. then I restored the file server Saturday and lost lots of stuff I didn't think to backup before I reimaged it. One of them was the new physics for the Laser but lucky for me I uploaded my last beta here before I did that so I just grabbed my beta off the forum and I was okay. I didn't want to go back and do all the mods I did to the physics again.

Glad to see someone undertaking this project! The model looks great, awesome job :). Slowly getting back into RF, cool to see people still making awesome user generated content.

Computer Update. I just finished installing everything and will move it to the bedroom and hook it up after I eat some lunch, so I'm praying everything is okay and it runs. That's always a worry when you build a new system. I've had good luck in the past so hopefully everything will work okay and I'll start installing stuff later today. I did have one build that started up perfect but after lots of tries I could never get Windows to install. That turned out to be the performance memory I ordered so I had to call the vendor and they swapped it out with standard memory and everything worked fine. A different motherboard would have probably worked too but I didn't want to take a chance so I stuck with standard memory.

Thanks guys. I just finished cleaning up the kitchen table where I was working on it and the wife wants a big breakfast but I'm tired now and will take a half hour to rest and then fix us breakfast. Yeah I know, but breakfast is good anytime and when you're retired it's even better in the afternoon.

I didn't feel good yesterday afternoon so I never got back to my new build, but I did this morning and things are going good so far. I've updated the BIOS, from within the BIOS, a nice feature. Then I setup what I needed in the BIOS like disabling the onboard sound since I use a Sound Blaster and turned off the Serial Port. Then I used a Windows Repair disc to boot and get a command prompt so I could remove the two partitions on my old SSD, so now everything is fresh and ready to start installing Windows. I wanted a short break and some coffee and thought I'd drop by and give an update on how it's going. I guess it's time to start installing Windows now.

Boy I always hold my breath when turning on a new system. Gotta say a prayer to get help you know.

I picture you like the electronic/radio guy in the movie "Down Periscope". Turning the system on with the big welding type glove.

I picture you like the electronic/radio guy in the movie "Down Periscope". Turning the system on with the big welding type glove.

Now where's my welding glove :)

Things are still going good I have Windows 7 Professional installed and all the drivers and have started the Windows Update process, it found 207 updates so that will take a while. Oh.. got the drivers for the M2 SSD installed too so I'm getting there. I have to say this new system is very quiet.. very quiet I love it. Of course after all the updates are installed I still have to install all of my applications and create a system image so it'll still be a while but I'm happy everything is working.

Now where's my welding glove :)

Things are still going good I have Windows 7 Professional installed and all the drivers and have started the Windows Update process, it found 207 updates so that will take a while. Oh.. got the drivers for the M2 SSD installed too so I'm getting there. I have to say this new system is very quiet.. very quiet I love it. Of course after all the updates are installed I still have to install all of my applications and create a system image so it'll still be a while but I'm happy everything is working.

Great. Like I said if you ever want to do the free Windows 10 upgrade I have a DVD that MS sent those of us who participated in the testing. Even though the one year is up if you have this DVD you can still get it free. It has the entire October 2016 Windows 10 OS for all the versions in both 32 and 64 bit.

Back