An-225 build

Just so it is clear I am not really interested in my avatar flying.

If I where going to do something it would be a lego model rocket with a model rocket motor(s) strapped on it. Or a simple 10 or 20 brick hand launched (brick) airplane that you just threw as far as you could then went and picked it up and repeated the process. :rolleyes:

Put the wheels on today with some placeholder landing gears. I'm going to have to figure out the axis of pivot for springy round steel. I thought the springy round steel was sprung around the pitch axis. Springy retract was the axis from the tire's pivot to its parent's pivot. And springy alum and carbon were around the roll axis. The last three are doing what I though they would do, but not the round steel. It seems to be rotating around the axis of the landing gear.

Any way the triangle count minus the nacelles 14178. I can probably reduce it by pulling a few rings out of the wheels, since they are only 4-4.3 inches in diameter (steering-mains). With the nacelles 27990

Attachments

• an-225 build 04.jpg
    an-225 build 04.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 8
  • an-225 build 05.jpg
    an-225 build 05.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 8
  • an-225 build 06.jpg
    an-225 build 06.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It looks great legoman! Antonov 225 is one of my favourite planes.
Will it open the cargo door as indeed?
1078113.jpg

It looks great legoman! Antonov 225 is one of my favourite planes.
Will it open the cargo door as indeed?

Right now it is not planned as moving noses and fuse internal make physics tuning harder. Also the poly count is rather intrusive to detail at 27k.

...I'm going to have to figure out the axis of pivot for springy round steel. I thought the springy round steel was sprung around the pitch axis. Springy retract was the axis from the tire's pivot to its parent's pivot. And springy alum and carbon were around the roll axis. The last three are doing what I though they would do, but not the round steel. It seems to be rotating around the axis of the landing gear. ...

I thought I would answer my own question, as I did some testing.

• single springy round steel behaved as expected.
  • symmetrical springy round steel behaved like springy flat aluminum/carbon

• single springy flat aluminum/carbon behaved like single round steel
  • symmetrical springy flat aluminum/carbon behaved as expected

Optional buran?

I guess I could do the same to this as I did to the nacelles and fans.

Attachments

• an-225 build 07.jpg
    an-225 build 07.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 7
Space Shuttle from Mother Russia on one of the largest planes ever
Nice.

Your computer won't like this plane either DangerZone.:p Too many propellers, right now there are 12 engines on it 6 for the spinning fans and 6 for the nacelle graphics. The buran will add another engine/propeller.

I also found an edf that is taking pre-orders and has an appropriate diameter for this model. 195 mm edf It is a little high on the power output. Although you can always detune an edf with less voltage.

Last edited:
If I thought the Tu-95 was bad on my computer, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened it I loaded the An-225 up!!!

Attachments

• laptop-exploding-battery-fire.jpg
    laptop-exploding-battery-fire.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 6
Very impressive DZ, Thanks, That thing IS HUGE. Very impressed with the short takeoff distance for such a large plane. Gotta have some big "jewels" to fly that thing for sure. :eek::D

Back