An-225 build

so when is the YB-48 getting released? that is what your avatar is right?

The avatar is an XB-35. It is not legally mine. I ripped it out of fsx. There are not working landing gears or control surfaces and it is not mapped. I promised the Lancaster next so after that I can make it I guess.

I believe that is what is called porting. I've heard it is tough to do, but can be done. There is a SU-25 on here that was ported from Call of Duty recently.

Edit: Battlfield 2. :eek:

I believe that is what is called porting. I've heard it is tough to do, but can be done. There is a SU-25 on here that was ported from Call of Duty recently.

Edit: Battlfield 2. :eek:

It is sort of a legal gray area and the line between porting and legal action is too thin for me. The Su-25 guy in my opinion pushed the legal line to far and it would have gotten taken down on a larger profile site like simviation.

And it is hard to do right. Most of my ports have no moving parts and don't break apart correctly.

It must be something Russian or Soviet. I was about to guess a Convair R3Y Tradewind or an Armstrong Whitworth AW.660 Argosy, but I know it's not.

Last edited:
I want to see what you guys think this mystery plane looks like before I post defining pictures.
  • One 3-view per person excepted.
  • Line drawings from MS-paint/GIMP is fine

I am severely unhappy with rf-x. Too many things that worked or where in with RF7.5 are no longer there or "are not implemented yet". Thus the mystery plane is on hold as it is at 45k triangles and is intended for multiplier combat unlimited and custom airports with stuff to shoot at. And the An-225 along with some of my older planes won't work with rf-x because pivoting frames don't work.

I was/am real close to packing up my models and forum posts and changing simulators.

The new side build will/may be my old Hexa-Turbine Delta.

I am severely unhappy with rf-x. Too many things that worked or where in with RF7.5 are no longer there or "are not implemented yet". Thus the mystery plane is on hold as it is at 45k triangles and is intended for multiplier combat unlimited and custom airports with stuff to shoot at. And the An-225 along with some of my older planes won't work with rf-x because pivoting frames don't work.

I was/am real close to packing up my models and forum posts and changing simulators.

Yeah I feel your pain I decided to continue modeling for 7.5 and will monitor RF-X to see what happens with it, but it's just not good software yet. It has tons of potential but just isn't there yet. Ha.. I'm even thinking about looking around for someone wanting to sell their copy of 3ds Max 2012 so I can continue modeling for 7.5 as long as I want. That may seem strange but I'm retired and want something to do that I enjoy. And I really enjoy modeling for 7.5. I sure wish it had a 40-50k poly limit that would make it perfect to me.

If you do let me know whitch one you go with. :D

Some pictures of the side build.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• ScreenShot1485611476.jpg
    ScreenShot1485611476.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 23
  • ScreenShot1485611508.jpg
    ScreenShot1485611508.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 19
  • ScreenShot1485611531.jpg
    ScreenShot1485611531.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 20
  • ScreenShot1485611566.jpg
    ScreenShot1485611566.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 18
Wonderful, sorry it took me so long to respond, reminds me of the XB-70 Valkyrie Bomber aircraft.

Yes, it is loosely based on the XB-70.

It is also very stable though and can be flown under tree branches at 220 mph or maneuvered though denser tree areas at 100-150 mph

I have a name for it, the Legoman XB-70N Ultra Valkyrie, nuclear powered bomber, payload 2 nukes or 10 missiles, can be converted variants, Orbital ATK/NASA Pegasus rocket launcher, it's capacity 2 rockets.

Just a suggestion.:eek:

More work on the An-225:
  • landing gear braces
  • lower poly wheels
  • steering gear and associated doors
  • cargo hold
  • the large roof racks
. I think that is everything

Attachments

• an-225 build 13.jpg
    an-225 build 13.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 4