An-225 build

:D:D:D In all fairness I love Mustangs, and hate hearing about them crashing.
MAN, you really must hate Mustangs. First, it`s a BF-109 shooting at a P-51 in your signature, NOW, it`s a Skyraider, C`MON MAN. Cut our guys some slack. Any P-51 getting shot at is a bad day. I`ve flown in one, sure glad you weren't on my six. OR, any ones wingman for that matter. OH, and people in hell want ice water.

I don't like here about them crashing either. I think I read somewhere that they where rebuilding 3/4 scale versions with a 605 ci v-12 chevy small block.

In real life a mustang would eat a Sky Raider for breakfast. The mustang has top speed, rate of climb, wing loading, size of target (smaller), and being a fighter not an attack plane. Armament is debatable since the A-1 has only 10-15 seconds of cannon shells from 4 guns while the p-51 has several times that time from 6 guns. The only way the a-1 would win is with deflection shots at a scrub p-51 pilot.

In RF My A-1 would cream the p-51 (combat) on turn radius and infinite ammo and unguided rockets. The second of which could not hit the broad side of a bomber in real life. Although it is bigger target (larger plane and scale [quarter]) with a scale top speed which the p-51 is too fast for scale [fifth]

First, Legoman, Thanks for letting us be/get off topic. We know you`ll get us back on. :) SECOND:, Brields, OK, We like that you love Mustangs. BUT THEN , You still maintain an anti Mustang signature. NOW, I personally don`t care, (Albeit I started the debate) BUT, I fail to see your logic. If you love them, say something positive,....not negative. Leave your sig. "as is" if you desire, BUT, It is, to a degree, hypocritical on your part. If you love them (as YOU say) Then speak positively of them.

I believe Brields is hinting that is what Legoman release next, but, when he took the vote the Avro Lancaster came on top, if I would like an aircraft it would be a Folland Gnat.

I believe Brields is hinting that is what Legoman release next, but, when he took the vote the Avro Lancaster came on top, if I would like an aircraft it would be a Folland Gnat.
I don't mean to speak for others, but the last person to attempt a Skyraider was kicked from the community, and everyone else unanimously decided that the Skyraider was an ugly duckling. (I'm sure my request is still here somewhere.)

First, Legoman, Thanks for letting us be/get off topic. We know you`ll get us back on. :) SECOND:, Brields, OK, We like that you love Mustangs. BUT THEN , You still maintain an anti Mustang signature. NOW, I personally don`t care, (Albeit I started the debate) BUT, I fail to see your logic. If you love them, say something positive,....not negative. Leave your sig. "as is" if you desire, BUT, It is, to a degree, hypocritical on your part. If you love them (as YOU say) Then speak positively of them.

I'll always be a hypocrite.

I don't mean to speak for others, but the last person to attempt a Skyraider was kicked from the community, and everyone else unanimously decided that the Skyraider was an ugly duckling. (I'm sure my request is still here somewhere.)
I would totally agree with the request of a Skyraider One of my favorites. I still have a built, and still intact Tamiya model of one. I`m not sure who you`re referring to, that got kicked, But I`ve been around these forums long enough to know, that, it wasn`t because he was building a skyraider. I do seem to recall the "ugly duckling" comments, AND, to a point, I`d agree, NO, she`s not the prettiest girl on the dance floor, HOWEVER, I`d pick her to back me up in bar fight any day/night of the week, HANDS DOWN.................A hypocrite doesn`t practice, what he preaches, .....you may want to rethink that. . ;)

Last edited:
The P-51D will fly circles around the Skyraider. It flies faster, climbs faster and has a higher ceiling than the Skyraider. As long as it stays out of the cannons sights which are configured for ground attack it isn't a contest.

The P-51D will fly circles around the Skyraider. It flies faster, climbs faster and has a higher ceiling than the Skyraider. As long as it stays out of the cannons sights which are configured for ground attack it isn't a contest.

Mig-17s also outclass the A-1, yet in Vietnam, 2 Skyraiders were able to shoot down a Mig-17.

Yep, and ME-262`s were shot down by P-51`s, doesn`t mean that they (262`s) were out classed, We just learned their weak spots for the brief time we had, and exploited them, doesn`t make them an inferior platform by any means. As for the Mig`s, probably, the same applies.?? Not sure,........If prop planes were superior to jets, then we would still be using them. I personally love the A-1`s They`re a great ground support plane, and spawned the development of the A-10, which speaks for itself, again, an ugly duck, perhaps, but it`s not all about looking pretty, ask any A-10 pilot.

Personally, I love the skyraider... I thought that the problem was too many triangles were needed and RF would not import the planes with so many Tris.

I have a US Navy Douglas A-1H Skyraider VA-176 in flight simulator X. It'd be nice to have it in Realflight. Here is a picture of it.

US-navy-douglas-A-1H-skyraider-VA-176-fsx1.jpg

Isn't that freeware? I think I had it on my laptop before I fried it.

Yes it is. So I imagine converting and importing to Realflight wouldn't be a concern. Wish I knew how to do it right.
Toilet eh ? So that's what's in that tank under there ?

Last edited:
Yes it is. So I imagine converting and importing to Realflight wouldn't be a concern. Wish I knew how to do it right.
Toilet eh ? So that's what's in that tank under there ?

He is referring to this toilet. And can we get back on some resemblance of a topic
va25specbomb-0001b.jpg

Back