AT-28D-5

Well in my on going "dumbness" here's two more beta panel lines and rivets color schemes but this time I removed the normal map, which is how I used to make them. The little dents the normal map adds always seemed a little too artificial to me. Anyway these No Normal Map Color Schemes are with the Opacity set to 20% and 25%.. The RN in the names is for Remove Normal.

The pictures were taken with the 25% version of the no normal map color scheme.

T-28D Nomad 20% 16.jpgT-28D Nomad 20% 17.jpg

EDIT: Deleted test versions of color schemes.

Last edited:
I posted too soon, now you have the removed normal map version, so I checked them out and I would vote for the normal map although with the model rolling by at a few feet distance away I see no difference, normal map on or off. Okay now I am visually confused. :unsure:

Technoid with all the different panel line variants you have put out they all have just slight differences. I would say whichever YOU think looks best is good. After all this is your baby. I'm sure we will be fine with whatever you decide on.:giggle:(y)

Like always I go overboard on stuff but I needed your opinions so thanks for your comments.

I like panel lines and rivets "without" the normal map dents but from what I've seen most people like the normal map version because of the added dimension of the dents. And it seems 25% opacity is the best version because it's in-between light and dark so that's what I'll go with. So I'll release a 25% version with the normal map. I always fly without the panel lines so none of this affects me except for what to release. Which is why I needed your comments to decide what version to use.

I have some questions for you guys please help me on this.

1. Who is using the GUNS AV I created for the T-28D Nomad?

2. Should the GUNS AV be integrated into the released plane instead of a separate AV?

3. Should the Panel Lines and Rivets 25% CS be on the released plane instead of a separate CS.

4. Do you think I should make the Landing Gear Wheel Wells White like the Bottom of the Wings because the real plane usually has it that way.

I would say, leave the guns integrated into the released plane. The panel lines and rivets as a separate CS. As for the wheel wells I think a light to medium grey just so you have some contrast between the bottom of the plane and the wheel wells. Just my opinion. Oh I like the guns.

I would say, leave the guns integrated into the released plane. The panel lines and rivets as a separate CS. As for the wheel wells I think a light to medium grey just so you have some contrast between the bottom of the plane and the wheel wells. Just my opinion. Oh I like the guns.
Thanks for your thoughts. And yes I was going to make the wheel wheels a little darker than the bottom of the wings to give it the contrast you're talking about.

Okay guys thanks for your thoughts on how I should release the plane. By that I mean what the release cs should be, plain or panel lines and rivets, and should I integrate the guns in the release too. I was waiting for space boy's thoughts on it but he's taking care of some urgent issues of his own so I'll just go with what I got from the other posts. I'm going to release it "with" the panel lines and rivets cs and I'll integrate the guns av into the release too. This plane really needs to have all of that in one package so that's what I'll do. Oh there will be an EP version of this plane but I'm not sure if I'll release both (radial and ep) and the same time or wait a week in between releases.

are you going to make it rubber band powered? I think it is possible with a custom battery and motor.
Yes there will be a rubber band like the pictures down a slot in the fuselage and it will spin (spinner). But of course it will be powered by an electric motor and battery in the physics. A just for looks thing. And I'll probably make a custom prop so it looks like a rubber band powered plane with a prop like the pictures. And it will most likely have retracts. Ha one of my typical fantasy planes.

Last edited:
Back