AT-28D-5

Technoid I can't wait to see panel lines on it. I hope you are planning on them. 😉
Since only about 1/3 of the people that downloaded the T-28B Nomad 20% I released grabbed the panel lines or foam with panel lines CS I wasn't sure what I'd end up doing for this version. But I'll keep that in mind.

Well dumb ole me I started working on the panel lines cs and wanted to post all of them at the same time so I deleted the EA and AV I released today. After I get the panel lines cs finished I'll post all of them at the same time. Sorry guys sometimes I do dumb stuff. I'm also going to make the panel lines just a little bit lighter and I wanted the cowl area panel lines on the normal EA to match the panel lines I create for the panel lines cs. So that's why I deleted everything so it will all match when I release it again.

Last edited:
Okay I need some help with the panel lines cs so if you want to take a look at a beta of the panel lines cs grab this first beta and let me know how it looks to you. What I'm looking for is comments on how "dark" the panel lines and rivets are. Here's how I created the beta cs and what I can do to tailor it. I have an "all black" panel lines and rivets layer in photoshop and I adjust the "opacity" of the layer to adjust how "dark" the panel lines and rivets look. What I did for this first beta is I tried the "opacity" at 20% and 30% and 30% seamed a little dark so the beta I'm uploading is at 20%. So if you want to test this beta cs give me your thoughts on how dark they are. Are they okay the way they are or should they be darker. I'll post a picture of them but it's hard to tell anything from a picture you need to see it up close in the editor and on the field. So @rcdoski give this beta a try and let me know what you think. And of course I want comments from everyone I just mention rcdoski because he was the first to ask about a panel lines cs. I can upload another beta with darker panel lines and rivets if you want.

T-28D Nomad 20% 15.jpg

EDIT: Deleted test version of color scheme.

Last edited:
Thanks Technoid. I grabbed the beta from above taxied it around and flew it under different light conditions up close and different angles. Above and underneath look good. Looking at pics of a real one and yours I think you got it. (y)

Thanks Technoid. I grabbed the beta from above taxied it around and flew it under different light conditions up close and different angles. Above and underneath look good. Looking at pics of a real one and yours I think you got it. (y)
Thanks for testing it for me. I was thinking it looked about right but I needed some other opinions.

How dark does the 30 look? Is it possible to do a 25%? Just curious. Or is there not much difference 20 to 25? Looking at your first release with none verses panel lines this one looks much better.

How dark does the 30 look? Is it possible to do a 25%? Just curious. Or is there not much difference 20 to 25?
I just deleted the first beta and will create three betas with names at 20%, 25%, and 30% and post them so you can check them out. I think 20 to 25 will be noticeable and 30 was definitely noticeable.

@rcdoski Okay here's three panel lines and rivets color schemes with the all black panel lines and rivets template set at 20%, 25%, and 30% opacity. Give them a good look and let me know what you think. Of course these are for everyone to comment on if you want to.

T-28D Nomad 20% 15.jpg

EDIT: Deleted test versions of color schemes.

Last edited:
Technoid Now being able to see all three I'm going to say the 25% one. It looks good and I'm thinking some may think 20% is too light and 30% is too dark, so split the difference and go with 25%. But I don't want to be the only one to comment. What do the other guys think? :unsure:

Technoid Now being able to see all three I'm going to say the 25% one. It looks good and I'm thinking some may think 20% is too light and 30% is too dark, so split the difference and go with 25%. But I don't want to be the only one to comment. What do the other guys think? :unsure:
Thanks for checking it out for me. Oddly enough before you ask for the 20, 25, and 30 percent versions I was thinking about making the opacity 22% for the final version to make it a "tiny" bit darker. The nice thing about a lighter version is the original color "below" the overlaid panel lines and rivets mask shows though more so the shade of the panel lines and rivets follows closer to the color below the overlaid color. So the panel lines and rivets look more brown, green and white because the "opacity" of the overlaid color is lighter.

Interesting 3 people downloaded the panel lines and rivets color schemes but only 1 person commented on them.
I haven't had a chance to check them out, personally. Sorry about that, mi amigo.

also, I've gotten the impression that those counts on attachments aren't very accurate.

I haven't had a chance to check them out, personally. Sorry about that, mi amigo.

also, I've gotten the impression that those counts on attachments aren't very accurate.
That's cool no problem. What do you think about the download counts, are they too high or too low?

although they might be pretty close to accurate, I feel like they don't update as quickly as they ought to. in other words, I think they're a little bit low.
disclaimer: this is very unscientific and completely feelings-based. 😊

although they might be pretty close to accurate, I feel like they don't update as quickly as they ought to. in other words, I think they're a little bit low.
disclaimer: this is very unscientific and completely feelings-based. 😊
Thanks. Yeah it always seemed to me they took a while to update. They ended up being right but it took some time before the download would register.

Back