AT-28D-5

I just realized something that lends even more credence to it saying ARMAMENT:
each of the blurry capital Es, including in ARMAMENT and EJECTION SEAT, look like capital Cs.
118319-736df931037b1e36dff2066eff46cd35.jpg

Screenshot_20220726-213347_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I started working on the custom prop with yellow tips this morning. I'm about ready to do my first import in RealFlight but I need to copy over the physics for the first release and rename it for the T-28D Nomad. That's not much to do but I haven't done it yet. So I'm close to doing my first import of the T-28D Nomad. Then I'll need to rework the physics a little too. But I'm getting there.

I've been watching the two color schemes I released for the T-28B Trojan (panel lines and rivets, and foam with panel lines and rivets) and it looks like about a third of the people that download the EA also download the color schemes. That seems to tell me the panel lines and rivets that both of them have isn't a popular as I thought they'd be. Maybe a simple RC plane is more popular than I thought it would be.

I was going to add the machine gun firing to the physics until I realized I don't have a switch to put it on, all of them are used. The channel 8 3 position switch is used for the Canopy Retract and Smoke so all the switches are used on the InterLink Elite mapping. I could use the low rates switch but I like to use low rates sometimes so I really don't want to do that. So maybe I'll let you guys create an AV for the weapons if you want them to work.

I guess the last thing I need to do is create a collision mesh for the armament. If anyone wants to make the bombs and rockets operate they need to have their own collision mesh.

I have a question for you guys. Would you give up the low rates to add a trigger for the guns? I don't use the low rates much but I do use it sometimes to fly a bit less aggressive. Anyway I'm looking for opinions on it.

I would probably re-switch it to one of the 7 switches, 2 sliders, but having said that I am not sure if it would need to be moved.
Maybe if you post a beta guns setup to test. ?

I would probably re-switch it to one of the 7 switches, 2 sliders, but having said that I am not sure if it would need to be moved.
Maybe if you post a beta guns setup to test. ?
Okay thanks. I plan to post a beta after I get the collision mesh and physics finished. These days I only work on the plane in spurts. I'm thinking about changing the Channel 8 3 position switch assignment settings for the T-28 Nomad from the T-28 Trojan but I'm not sure if it matters for them to be the same. For me keeping the gun switch on the Channel 8 3 postion switch is better and then move the Canopy Retract to the Low Rates switch. But then the T-28 Trojan and T-28 Nomad would have different switch settings. So do you think it's important to keep the switch settings for the two versions of the T-28 the same?

IMHO, keeping the switch settings "standard" is pretty important. But different people have different standards for switches/channels that aren't specifically assigned. In the sim, it's less important, but in real-life unexpected behavior to a "standard" switch input could be dangerous. Again IMHO, the dual rate switch is close enough to a defined standard that it shouldn't be reassigned to something else. Like you, I RARELY use the dual rate switch - because I like a lot of expo so small stick movements feel pretty much like low rates & it's one less thing to think about. But different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
It would only be noticeable if you are flying the models back to back for comparison purposes, so not really important for me.
So do you think it's important to keep the switch settings for the two versions of the T-28 the same?

The T-28B and T-28C have the canopy mapped on switch "A" (2way) and the landing gear is on "B" (3way), the T-28B 20% EP has the canopy on switch "B" (3way) and the landing gear is on "A" (I have not changed them that is the way they were imported)
On the DX "A" is a 2way and "B" is the 3way.
The DX has 5 - 3ways and 2 - 2ways.
You should get a DX Technoid, I hesitated a lot before purchasing one but very glad I did, mine works perfectly, calibrates easily.
Realflight should donate a DX to you for all your hard work, you certainly deserve the recognition.

Bill and ASJ,

Thanks for your input. I have some stuff to share but I'll wait for space boy to chime in on the controls.
Thank you so much for your consideration!

I think that the three-position "B" switch on the Interlink DX should be used for guns. I dislike it when the dual rates switch is used for guns, or for anything other than dual rates for that matter.

Okay thanks for all the input I appreciate it. But in this case it looks like I need to leave the physics "as is" if I want things to be "standard" because "all" the switches are already used for the InterLink Elite or InterLink-X so I'd need to remove something to add a trigger for the guns. For some reason I still like the InterLink-X so I keep using it.

CH 5 Switch: Hi/Lo Rates
CH 6 Knob: Flaps
CH 7 Switch: Landing Gear
CH 8 3 Pos. Switch Forward: Smoke
CH 8 3 Pos. Switch Backward: Open Canopy
CH 8 3 Pos. Switch Middle: Smoke Off and Canopy Closed

So for the Interlink Elite or the InterLink-X all the switches are already used so there's nothing left for the Gun Trigger. So what I'll do is what I was going to do in the beginning, let someone else create an AV the way they want to add the Gun Trigger.

Back