AT-28D-5

I just added the recessed wheel well to the left side of the fuselage so the new gear is finished. I have to admit I'm glad I added it the plane looks much better with it so thanks for the encouragement to add it. I still have a little bit of clean-up before it's completely finished but all the main work is finished.

AT-28D-5 Nomad 08.jpg

Here's a beta of where I'm at if you want to try it out. It's a long way from being finished but it will let you fly it with the new gear, seven degrees of dihedral, and see what the ordnance looks like. I still have to add the machine gun pod but the bombs and rockets are finished. But none of the new changes have been mapped so you'll see some errors because of that. Please let me know if there's any problems.

Controls are still like the original T-28 I released but that may change before release.

Gear Down: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Towards You
Gear Up: Channel 8 3 Position Switch In The Middle
Smoke On: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Away From You
Brakes: Applied using Down Elevator
Flaps: Channel 6 Knob
Canopy: Channel 7 Switch

AT-28D-5 Nomad 13.jpg

I deleted the beta here's a link to a forum post with the latest beta.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/at-28d-5.55877/post-349754

Last edited:
The AT-28D-5 fly's and looks great, the landing gear works perfect, and I like the twin sliding canopy.
The only problem I see is the right flaps and aileron pivot need adjustment

I added the machine gun pods and fixed the right flap and aileron pivots so I thought I'd upload another beta in case you'd like to see what the machine gun pods looks like. I still haven't mapped any of the new parts or the changes I made to the existing parts so there's a couple of errors in the color scheme, but that will be fixed when I map the new stuff. Please let me know if you see any problems.

Controls are still like the original T-28 I released but that may change before release.

Gear Down: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Towards You
Gear Up: Channel 8 3 Position Switch In The Middle
Smoke On: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Away From You
Brakes: Applied using Down Elevator
Flaps: Channel 6 Knob
Canopy: Channel 7 Switch

AT-28D-5 Nomad 14.jpg

I deleted the beta here's a link to a forum post with the latest beta.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/at-28d-5.55877/post-349754

Last edited:
I had plain wheels on the T28 so I created a new set that looks like one of the stock wheels but there's a problem with them. When you look close at the real wheels you can see the inner part of the wheel is cone shapped so I made mine that way too, but the cone shape reflects a lot of light so I think I'll map that area separately so I can make it a tiny bit darker than the main wheel and also make it flatter in the spec map so it won't shine. Right now looking at the wheel fairly straight on causes some definition to go away so they don't look as good. I took the picture at a good angle for them.

AT-28D-5 Nomad 17.jpgT-28 Wheels.jpg

I just finished tweaking the nose gear a little. The gear had too much travel and the scissors weren't long enough so I reworked them to look a little better. I think I'll also adjust the diameter before release. Like my norm they're not scale but they look better than they did. The tweaks are the first picture.

AT-28D-5 Nomad 18.jpgAT-28D-5 Nomad 17.jpg

Back