AT-28D-5

All the testing I've done on the wing taper and dihedral was on temporary files so now since I have the final settings to use I started working on the plane again. No real progress to report but I did lower the wing a little and raise the hstab a little to look more like a different set of plans I have. They were correct to the plan I modeled the plane to the first time but each set of plans seem to be a little different. Anyway now it's closer to the outline legoman put around my pictures when I was testing different dihedrals.

Okay I have a problem so I need to change direction. My problem is I only want to rework the wings to make the changes for the 28D so I can't move the gear "into" the fuselage like the real plane has. Which means there isn't enough room on the wing for all four wing mounts so I'm going to create a different variant of the T-28D. Some of the T-28Ds only had three wing mounts with the inside mount used for a 50 cal. Machine Gun Pod and the outside mounts used for bombs and rockets so that's what I'm going to do. Because of that I'm going to rename it to "T-28D Nomad" since the "AT-28D-5 Nomad" has 4 wing mounts so I can't use it now. So take a look at these two pictures and see if what I did looks good enough to use. I can dump the whole project if you guys don't think it looks that good so please let me know what you think. I did rework the bomb to a Mk 82 which is a better fit for the Vietnam war.

AT-28D-5 Nomad 02.jpgAT-28D-5 Nomad 03.jpg

This is part of your process, technoid my friend. We all have that phase where we wonder why we're even going to all the effort to create something when it keeps giving us challenges. I encourage you to keep going, because you'll be glad if you do, and especially WE will be glad if you do.

Technoid Replies " I can dump the whole project if you guys don't think it looks that good "

Personally, I would rather have something than nothing ... weather it is "Perfect" or not. I say keep going ... do what you can ... looks OK to me !!!!
Thanks @PilotAt6 that's what I was wanting to know, that even though the plane isn't turning out to be perfect scale there's still an interest in flying it when I'm done. I tried quite a bit to get the interest in doing the landing gear like the real plane has, that is going from the wing into the fuselage, but that's a lot of work to do and I couldn't make myself do it. And besides that the bottom of the fuselage would need some rework too. That plane wasn't designed with pure scale in mind just a semi-scale look-alike. Which is sort of my thing I guess.

This is part of your process, technoid my friend. We all have that phase where we wonder why we're even going to all the effort to create something when it keeps giving us challenges. I encourage you to keep going, because you'll be glad if you do, and especially WE will be glad if you do.
Since I've been dinged quite a bit in the past for my semi-scale planes I guess I just need to know there's an interest in flying them. Recently I got dinged pretty bad about my first T-28 and now I'm going to do two of them that's still semi-scale so lots of people won't like them. They're fine to me because I like flying them not looking at them close in the editor but most people judge a semi-scale plane very hash, and it hurts.

I believe most of us that follow this forum appreciate your work and effort. The people that "ding" don't have to download the plane if it's not their cup of coffee. Like turning the TV station if you don't like the program ... peoples choice ! But they "doesn't have to ding" !

Well then, just move the gear inward where they should be and let them retract/ disappear into the wings and fuse without putting the wells in...
Yeah I've already done that with my PX series planes. I have to admit I thought about doing that for this plane too but for some reason it just didn't seem right.

I believe most of us that follow this forum appreciate your work and effort. The people that "ding" don't have to download the plane if it's not their cup of coffee. Like turning the TV station if you don't like the program ... peoples choice ! But they "doesn't have to ding" !
Thanks I appreciate your comments and you're right why ding someone for at least putting out the effort to make something, just don't download it. I normally put four pictures of the plane so you know what you're getting. And the first thing in the release notes said it was a semi-scale plane.

Yeah I've already done that with my PX series planes. I have to admit I thought about doing that for this plane too but for some reason it just didn't seem right.
I realize that you did it with "PX series", that`s why I brought it up, so why let it bother you now. IF it bothers you to not do it because "for some reason it just doesn`t seem right." THEN, do it right, make the wells/doors, Lord knows you`ve got the skills, and people would love it. You`re 90% there, cross the finish line.

I realize that you did it with "PX series", that`s why I brought it up, so why let it bother you now. IF it bothers you to not do it because "for some reason it just doesn`t seem right." THEN, do it right, make the wells/doors, Lord knows you`ve got the skills, and people would love it. You`re 90% there, cross the finish line.
@uncle twist I was sure you knew about the PX series not having wheel wells you followed the builds. I don't know what happened to my modeling desire but it's pretty weak these days and I guess that's why I haven't done the wheel wells. I will say I did two different tests but didn't follow through with either of them. I was going to start on the wheel wells this morning but I think I'm just going to stop and think about what I want to do. Thanks for the encouragement.

Back