AT-28D-5

And while I'm on the subject why oh why did I put the gear on my T-28 so far out on the wings. Duh!

Maybe because you like good ground handling, nothing wrong with that. !
Technoid, you make great planes and most importantly they fly and ground handle incredibly well.
Thanks again. And that's the only thing I can think of, that is ground handling. But they're way out on the wing and look wrong on that plane. Sometimes I just do dumb stuff. But I just finished removing the wheel wells from the 28D and will move the gear as close as possible to the fuselage this time. I still plan to cheat and not move them into the fuselage like the real plane but they'll be as close as possible to the fuselage without cutting into it. I don't want to have to remap the fuselage so I'm trying to keep the rework for the 28D limited to the wings. But I'll taper the wings and add more dihedral so it should look much better this time.

Here's two pictures after I tapered the wings. The first picture is 6.0 degress the second picture is 6.5 degrees.

SO.. which do you like the best?

! AT-28D-5 Nomad 02 Taper 60 - dihedral 6.0.jpg! AT-28D-5 Nomad 03 Taper 60 - dihedral 6.5.jpg

It's hard to see the difference between 6.0 degrees and 6.5 degress of dihedral so here's a picture with both of them in the same frame. The top is 6.0 degrees the bottom is 6.5 degrees.

Attachments

• ! AT-28D-5 Nomad Dihedral 6.0 top 6.5 bottom.jpg
    ! AT-28D-5 Nomad Dihedral 6.0 top 6.5 bottom.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 12
write in option? 7.0. but if I had to choose and existing option then 6.5. I think more would be better. but if you dont like lots of dihedral. I can live with whatever.

on another note; have you seen the PA-48 enforcer (a highly developed P-51)? A light attack prototype from around the end of Vietnam around the time of A-10 and YA-9. but made early to compete with super tucano's and other light attack and armed recon

Attachments

• 2022-02-15 02_29_58-_[! AT-28D-5 Nomad Dihedral 6.0 top 6.5 bottom] (imported)-1.0 (RGB color,...jpg
    2022-02-15 02_29_58-_[! AT-28D-5 Nomad Dihedral 6.0 top 6.5 bottom] (imported)-1.0 (RGB color,...jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2022-02-15 02_29_37-_[! AT-28D-5 Nomad Dihedral 6.0 top 6.5 bottom] (imported)-1.0 (RGB color,...jpg
    2022-02-15 02_29_37-_[! AT-28D-5 Nomad Dihedral 6.0 top 6.5 bottom] (imported)-1.0 (RGB color,...jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 12
write in option? 7.0. but if I had to choose and existing option then 6.5. I think more would be better. but if you dont like lots of dihedral. I can live with whatever.

on another note; have you seen the PA-48 enforcer (a highly developed P-51)? A light attack prototype from around the end of Vietnam around the time of A-10 and YA-9. but made early to compete with super tucano's and other light attack and armed recon
Thanks I haven't seen the PA-48 Enforcer but I'll do a search on it and see what it is.

On another note this morning I created one more version of the 28D wing taper and dihedral which will probably be more to your liking and will upload a picture in the update I'm going to post. Let me know what you think.

Although it's true I'm not a dihedral guy I do want this plane to reflect what it should be.

Okay I created one more verson of the 28D for you guys to vote on. I need your vote because once the dihedral gets beyond 3.0 degrees it's just too much for me but I do want this plane to look right so let me know what you think of this version.

A couple of days ago Rc51dude looked up the Eflite T-28 that comes with RealFlight 9.5S, which I don't have because I'm still using the DVD version, and it has 6.8 degrees of dihedral so that's what this new version has. I also increased the wing taper a little. So give this picture a good look and let me know what you think.

A tiny bit more wing taper and 6.8 degrees of dihedral to match what the Eflite T-28 has in RF 9.5S.

! AT-28D-5 Nomad 04 Taper 58 - dihedral 6.8.jpg

Just so you guys know what I'm planning to do.

All the work I'm doing right now doesn't involve any of the 28D changes so I plan to finish the wing taper, dihedral, and wing gear before I do any of the 28D work and once that's finished I'll have a new version of the T-28. I've already released a T-28B and T-28C so I plan to release a T-28A with the new changes so I'll have a more accurate T-28 on the swap pages.

Back