B-47 Stratojet and B-58 hustler

To cowboy and all other modelers

I for one really appreciate all the effort put into the models you guys create, so please dont' let some mail type organs wreck it for the rest of us. Just my 2 cents thank you Doug

Cowboy said:
You want to talk about quality? ok then, here's pictures of the CS I made on the B-47 and minus the panel lines, almost EVERYTHING is on that bomber. I might have missed a couple small decals on the side. This is a REAL SAC B-47 keep in mind. And yes, I'm officially bored with the bickering so the plane is released, the build thread is done with so wait until a new plane comes out and you can start bickering again :D
Well, i gave you your well deserved tens...

Way too much nit-picking for a FREE MODEL.

Cowboy,
The rest of us appreciate your hard work.

Wonderful Job on the bird,
Frank...

Cowboy said:
As far as CS's, I'm using PSP6, yes, 6. I don't have most of the fancy pant tools in it that others have in thiers. all of my CS work is done the hard way. All insignias and everything are made by hand from scratch. After getting done with all of that, I don't want to do panel lines and stuff.

Here is a useful link that might come in handy for you. nemo originally posted the site, phrank brought it up again for DH's spad.

I personally learned a lot of techniques for creating my CS's from the tutorials on this site. The attached link goes directly to a "markings download" page. It has many many pages of markings from different countries and eras. Find the markings you want.....cut and past the appropriate markings from the file into your CS! It's what I use most of the time.

Take some time and look through the site a bit, I think you'll enjoy it.

Simmerspaintshop Markings

phrank said:
Way too much nit-picking for a FREE MODEL.

Cowboy,
The rest of us appreciate your hard work.

Wonderful Job on the bird,
Frank...
hehe....Now isn't that the truth. Thanks all, I opened up Wings3D and have been tinkering around just seeing what my mind's gonna do and some of that flame for it's comming back. I guess a little time away is in order for right now. Once I get to finishing the B-58, I may request some help and opinions from other modellers with it. the gear rotate in 4 or 5 different places on it and I'm not quite sure how want to work it or how I'm going to work it.

Price of Fertilizer gains on the stock market over night

Well with all the fertilizer flying around here I thought it would be a good time to announce a new model airship I'm working on. So I do not have the same thing happen to me as with the panel lines on Cowboys super B-47 I thought I would ask if you guys think I should place them on this.

Here is the model and here is a ruff ideal for a paint scheme. What do you guys and gals think, And you to Law, you know the Modelers All think Highly of your experience and omnipotent views and everything you touch and say. Come on you have an opinion on every thing else... Should I put panel lines on it? Should the Text be bigger?

Attachments

• BITEME02.JPG
    BITEME02.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 26
  • BITEME01.JPG
    BITEME01.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 11
Well, while looking at the main gear on the B-58 I decided to figure out how many pivot points it's going to need and including the wheels, there will be 14 pivot points per main gear. 8 for wheels and 6 just for the gear. That link phrank put up for multi pivoting gear is going to be a huge help, but maybe dhk79 or pplace could chime in a bit as well since they both have experience with these really odd gear. I would like to add some better detail to the gear as well, but the poly count won't allow it and I don't want to take away from the actual plane itself to make something that goes inside the plane look better

Attachments

• B-58 Main gear.jpg
    B-58 Main gear.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
you got to wonder

You got to wonder . WHAT WHERE THAY SMOKING BACK THEN. There no wonder there where so many sighting for UFO"S

Cant you skimp of the back side of the tires detail to save some polys?

Junkboy999 said:
You got to wonder . WHAT WHERE THAY SMOKING BACK THEN. There no wonder there where so many sighting for UFO"S

Cant you skimp of the back side of the tires detail to save some polys?
Yep, I'm going to get rid of the detail from the wheels and just use a photo of wheels for them. That way I should be able to free up a lot of poly's and put them into the weapons pod and the gear.

Have some minor fixes to make, but it's on it's way.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1214694039.jpg
    ScreenShot1214694039.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 27
Glad you all think so, I'm about to boot this computer out the window because of this plane...lol...Unfortunately I'm having to do the gear out of moveable pods because of how much there is to them and even with pods they're proving to give me a headache. Getting there with them though.

In the end these models which we are shared with get abused and the privilege of having such fine modelers is lost...

Remember, these models are FREE.

In other words, what you see is what you get.

"what you see is what you get"

Whats that supposed to mean?

are you suggesting that you get what you pay for?

Cowboy makes spectacular models! you need to slow down josh, your getting out of control

(ohh nooo, now he is going to try to get me banned!!!!!)

pilot07 said:
"what you see is what you get"

Whats that supposed to mean?

are you suggesting that you get what you pay for?

Cowboy makes spectacular models! you need to slow down josh, your getting out of control

(ohh nooo, now he is going to try to get me banned!!!!!)

I'm going to just agree with pilot on this!

Also which we share? Have you ever shared a model Josh?

Last edited:
I guess you never heard of that phrase... I piety you. :rolleyes:

It means EXACTLY what it says.

The models created by users is what you see and WHAT YOU GET.

Back