B-47 Stratojet and B-58 hustler

Time Out Kiddies..

OK kiddies. Take a time out...each of you to a corner..on a stool...facing the corner. Stay there until Dora TV show is over..might be until Bob the builder too.

onderunway said:
OK kiddies. Take a time out...each of you to a corner..on a stool...facing the corner. Stay there until Dora TV show is over..might be until Bob the builder too.
That post wasn't necessary :D

you just turned the smolder into a Bonfire :eek:

Got the gear working and everything. Plane's flyin pretty good as well. takes a lot of boost to get 48 pounds off the ground and stable! lol...still gotta do the texture mapping on the plane and finalize the physics, but it's gettin closer :D One question for everybody though. Kind of a poll actually, weapons pod under the plane. Would you like to see it droppable so you can fly with or without it, or just stationary?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1222970870.jpg
    ScreenShot1222970870.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 29
  • ScreenShot1222971354.jpg
    ScreenShot1222971354.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Cowboy said:
Got the gear working and everything. Plane's flyin pretty good as well. takes a lot of boost to get 48 pounds off the ground and stable! lol...still gotta do the texture mapping on the plane and finalize the physics, but it's gettin closer :D One question for everybody though. Kind of a poll actually, weapons pod under the plane. Would you like to see it droppable so you can fly with or without it, or just stationary?
Coming along nicely bud!!! If you have a spare channel droppable is always cool.

I vote yes to the droppable pod. Woo Hoo! looks like Cowboy is back in the saddle again modelling awesome aircraft. :D

A little history

Cowboy said:
For those interested in seeing the evolution of the pod, and some history on the magnificent Hustler, you might want to go here .

Not sure how much I'm likin this...lol...looks cool falling from the sky, but makes the plane look strange without it. I'm not used to seein a 58 without the big pod under it!

Attachments

• ScreenShot1222994109.jpg
    ScreenShot1222994109.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 53
Yea that is weird looking. I don't even know it was droppable. I just thought it was part of the plane.

Progress is coming very slowly on this thing. I guess the "vacation" I took from model building and all the stress is catchin up with me. I'm trying to reteach myself the mapping in 3DS Max 8 again, since I seem to have forgotten some things with it. Hopefully it won't take to long to relearn everything.

Texture Mapping's done on the 58, Now it's off to Junkboy999 who's been waiting patiently to do the CS for this bomber. I'm sure with his CS skills that this thing should be a good lookin bird when it's done.

Just been playin with a CS of my own for the B-58 Hustler. I'm not sure what scheme Junkboy's doing on it or anything, but I got bored today. Plus I haven't really heard anything from him on the progress of his CS. This one's far from done, but it's a start. There's still a lot of decals and everything I need to do as well as panel lines

Attachments

• ScreenShot1228525381.jpg
    ScreenShot1228525381.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 60
looks great

wow it is looking great I cant hardly wait to download it, been following this thread hoping to see a final release. thanks for all the hard work

I rescently got a message about if I'm going to finish the B-58 or not and the answer to that is yes. I'm trying to find time to finish the bomber up, but time is restricted with a 2 week old daughter and frustrated wife. She's trying to get the hang of the parenthood thing and she's doing very well, but still gets frustrated at times. So I'll be finishing up this thing up once I find the time to finish the CS on it since that's all that's left on it.

It gets easier, but "Hell Month" doen't disappear immediately.

Those first 30 some days, represented the time where I obtained the least amount of sleep in my life.

Keep at it, and congrats!

Back