CH-54 / (S-64) Skycrane -- AKA my very second 3DS Max project.

So where can we download the Skycrane I searched the swap page and could only find AV's?

There is a Stock Skycrane in RF6 available but this model is STILL not complete. When it is finally complete, It will more than likely be a RF7 model with the Higher Poly Count.

Mwilson914 needs to stop playing with his guns, blow off his job and get off his butt and get this model finished!!!!!:D

Last edited:
Yeah, I wanted to re-do the head after the poly increase. I would love to finish it, but I haven't had time to even turn my PC on over the past week. I am on "vacation" until tomorrow and I am considering going into work first thing tomorrow morning just to get some bit of a break. Won't complain about anything now, but I have a headache and I am dying to relieve some stress. I am supposed to go shooting this coming weekend so sorry Chris, I can't put down the guns just yet.

So in reality I can make a quality model start to finish in around two weeks. That is only if I have the extra time on my hands to actually work on modeling just for this sim. Unfortunately I don't have the time anymore like I once did to sit at my PC modeling. I do still freelance 3D models and graphics outside my regular full time job and I still have my other hobbies to fly RC, shoot guns, ride bikes, work out, read tons of books, play chess, etc. I also like to spend time with my family which takes priority in my life and since my boys are getting older, I cherish the time I have to spend with them.

I also have been battling tendonitis and spending extra time clicking on the mouse only aggravates the inflammation, so considering I have a desk job where all I do is click on a mouse all day, I sometimes am just unable to get on my PC at home just because of pain.

I know I don't owe an explanation to anyone for my time away from this hobby, but I do want people to know that I haven't just walked away from the sim, or I'm just lazy--which some could argue I am indeed a bit of lazy. I consider a lot of people on this forum my friends and I think it's nice of me to communicate why I haven't been as active as I once was.

So, I do plan on finishing this model and hopefully soon because I want to install 3DS Max 2015 very soon and create my next model for my freelance work on that version for some reason. I guess because I paid for it, it's eating away at the back of my mind to get that done.

Matt, assuming I'm one of the ones you speak of, you owe nothing. Good to hear from you though.

Matt,
You don't "OWE" us a thing or an explanation. Projects sometimes don't get finished. Thats life.
I did enjoy the early betas of this model... yours was way better than RFs. Best to you and I hope you get some help with the tendonitis.

Thank you guys. It means a lot to me to have these replies. I do want to finish this model in the near future. There really isn't much of anything to do. I do have a head I was able to import which I found in an old email, so I just need to setup pivots on that and name everything correctly.

So I have this model which is probably further along than the F-16 and maybe I should just get it done. I have then the F-16 I want to finish up so badly and I have a model for my freelance work I've had sitting on the back-burner for too long as well.--Yeah, it's not just Realflight that I set things on the back-burner for. LOL. I've been sick of playing games on my PC for a while now, so modeling and graphics are the only things I'm really looking forward to getting back into the full swing of doing.

I'll keep you all up-to-date on what progress I am making. Hopefully I have something soon to show.

Maj,

Can you send me the very last .tga you worked on for this model? I want to make sure things will line up correctly with the changes you requested I made a long long time ago.

Sorry matt im in the middle of relocating see my FB posts to see curen siuation i peob have last tga but have no IP or even the PC set up ..i thought i sent you he psd file ? Ant wat it will be awhile b for - can do anything this move is also costing me my "Top 10 % Most Popular photographer" status at ViewBug :'( ill get you the file as soon as i can

Sorry matt im in the middle of relocating see my FB posts to see curen siuation i peob have last tga but have no IP or even the PC set up ..i thought i sent you he psd file ? Ant wat it will be awhile b for - can do anything this move is also costing me my "Top 10 % Most Popular photographer" status at ViewBug :'( ill get you the file as soon as i can

You probably did send me the file Gerald. I just didn't know if there was a newer one. I'll re-check my email. I couldn't find it in my folders, so I think it's just stored in my email.

Back