Champ RTF

Most of the guys flying these things, only make left turns, so makeing one wing shorter makes it stay in a turn, hehe.

flexible said:
Most of the guys flying these things, only make left turns, so makeing one wing shorter makes it stay in a turn, hehe.

Post it to the swaps stating "This EA flies hands off!"

prob

I first ran into this on the Calmato 40. I took the easy way out, just changed the background color to a color I could pass off as being on the horns.
Now I want to do it corectely. I thought I could ungroup them to assign the tga, then group them back. I can not find a way to do dat.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 19
Don't combine them, just link them. Linked parts will follow the motion of the parent.

Had to go back to Wings for a few, so I decided to add the gear on the spinner shaft.
I had to cut off the lable face for the bat, so it could be assigned with the rest of the parts, and keep the rest of the bat off the map.
I had a lot of down thrust in the spinner, but RF did not like it that way. I tryed the pivot both level, and with matching down thrust

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 14
  • Champ nose.JPG
    Champ nose.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Wow... thats really amazing stuff! Perhaps I should of got into learning this sort of thing a few years ago... I'm only 22, but I feel very old.. :p

AdMan said:
Wow... I'm only 22, but I feel very old.. :p
Wow is right. You're only 22, yet you wish you would've gotten into this years ago? When would've that been? I don't think you're going to get alot of sympathy here, kid.

flexible said:
I had a lot of down thrust in the spinner, but RF did not like it that way. I tryed the pivot both level, and with matching down thrust

I think you are suppose to model that level and centered with the rest of the plane. RealFlight automatically tilts the spinner for the Down and Right thrust when you add it in the physics. I think that is how it works since I read that some where, but I'm not too sure.

You mean like this, I have 8 deg of down thrust in the motor. RF shows it in the prop, but not the spinner.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 19
That's weird. Is the Spinner linked to the ~CS_Engine? and is it Suppose to be? Like I said I Think that's how its Suppose to be, I'm not 100% sure.

No, you do not link the ~CS_ENGINE to anything. The ~CS_SPINNER is linked first to a ~CS_MOTOR if you have it in the Hierarchy, or in this case it is linked to the FUSELAGE.

Kudos on a really nice design job! I am really looking forward to seeing this finished. I have one of the HZ Champs and it really is the champ everybody says it is. I have flown it dozens of times, crashed it a few and no noticeable damage yet! And my only experience was in crashing control line planes many years ago.

When you design the planes, do you determine in advance whether you will have more than one camera view? I have noticed many of the custom planes only have the one viewpoint. I like Chase and First Person as much as the default for variety and would hope those options would be there. Is it an awful lot more work to do?

I am afraid my only 3D experience is with Google Sketchup so real CAD stuff impresses me.

cameras are added in the RF editor. It's something you can do easily. Pick the component, like the fuselage. Right click, select Add, camera component. Position it where you want it.

When I got through setting it up in RF, the edit did not match the plane, so went back into Wings and redid a lot of things, which made a lot of the map no good, so I had to make a new Map. It's all good tho!

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back