Champ RTF

I belive the the auther of the champ lurks here once in a while maybe he'll repost it ......Send him Pm (personal message) .....BUT It will most likley need a physics re-edit to fly corretly in RF 7 ....that requires a whole other skill set but usually its just moving the CG a little ...sometimes more
The auther of the champ is good at physics ....maybe he tried to update it without sucess and could be the reason he pulled it??? There ae other reasons he may have pulled it ...but I wont sayhere what they maybe ...shame..belive it or not .until 2 weeks ago i lived right around the block from flexible ...like .7 miles less if i shortcut through a park ......hes a good guy

Last edited:
Thanks. I would guess cg and a few other things are off when it shows up in v7. When I "fly" it, the plane stands on the prop at about a 70 degree tail-up attitude.

In edit mode some of the specs are off if I compare them to the HobbyZone web site but I am really not sure what some of the others mean. I can't find some I expected to see, like wingspan. Maybe that is immaterial to the model after the art is done. There is a huge thing sticking out way the front, which I am just taking a wild guess means it is way nose heavy, as the "flying" image implies.

I have no clue, of course, but it looks like editing a model would take plenty of art and plenty of smarts. Probably something for me to look into on rainy days. The only thing I can draw is flies, but I am a retired engineer and may be able to figure out some of smart part if I live long enough and have enough rainy days.

Thanks again for the fast response.

doug schluter,

Thank you so much. That version looks real good and I even landed it on my first go-'round. Makes a rank beginner feel pretty good.

Back