Champ RTF

Snag

I hit a small prob. I can not get the wire frame wheel to move with the Graphic wheel. The linking is corect in Max. I have tried with and without pivot. Sence the SG is tied to the MMR, I would expect them to move together, because of linking. I could add the pivot back, but I would have to have a pod for the SG. What am I missing here?

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 6
Fixed. Had to walk away for a few to let my brain cool down. hehe Changed the linking from the rudder to the fuse, and put the pivot back and centered it on the rud. hinge line, then set the traval to 30 deg the same as the rud.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
wheels

This is the second time I painted the wheels and batt. The first time, I imported a new Kex, and well, you guessed it, I said yes to overwrite the CS, then yelled O NO, hehe. But I don't mind, because they turned out better the second time. I had the grand babies all day today, so redoing the wheels and battery is all I got done. I'll hit it hard tomorow.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 20
Now I'm really jealous. Our grandbabies are about 5,000 miles away in Hawaii. My wife can't stand not having them near us and I can't afford to keep sending her to Hawaii!

Your model is really outstanding, love the battery detail.

Everything is done, except figureing out how to imulate the texture. Tomorow I will copie the tga and start playing with the texture.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 30
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 21
I made some progress on the texture today. Would have been a very good place to use a normal map.

Attachments

• ScreenShot052.jpg
    ScreenShot052.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 20
Flexible, that is amazingly good. It looks just like my perception of the foam's texture. The wings of course have more of a smooth paper kind of look to me, but I think you had that already in an earlier pic. I am literally on the edge of my seat watching this progress!

I forgot to ask, I hope this will import into 4.5? :eek:

Nunja,

Don't forget that unless Flex has flown this plane the physics may not be right, but I would think a simple model like this would be very close.

Flex, it looks great!

Another nice Flyer,

I understand that the micro J-3 is very similar to the Champ, but maybe the Minium Citabria is closer. The Champ has a good bit of dihedral and corrects itself very well without any "anti-crash" mumbo-jumbo. It will literally land itself hands off, once you get it close enough and kill the throttle. It also glides VERY well.

With neutral trim, if you give it juice it climbs slightly and smoothly. It also handles light wind better than the J-3 (I have been told). The demo video from HobbyZone really shows it well.
HobbyZone Video of Champ

Lovin' it!
Only thing that was a bit unsettling at first is the rudder operating on the left stick instead of the right.

I know I could change it with mapping, but I think I need to go ahead and get used to it where it is for when I "graduate" to ailerons.

The plane's behavior is pretty dang spot on compared to the real thing, too. Trying it out in different APs now.

Thanks Flexible! This is a very nice job.

(Apparently, I have not been here long enough yet to rate it, but I think you should get a few 10s for sure.)

Last edited:
WOW,,,, Amazing.
Thank You
I never expected something to be built so quick!
And it flys like the real thing

Again Thank You

Can't find the CHAMP on the swap pages

Nice job on the Champ. I got one of these and it flys great and is very fun and durable. I can not find it on the swap pages can you give me a hint ?
Thanks !!! Enjoy the grand kids.

This seems to have disappeared from the swap pages after v3.5. Does that mean anything, like whether it would be useable with v7?

Thanks. (Brand new here and to the sport, 1st post, toe in water, v7 simulator "in the mail".)

Back