A

Chaos S9_EA

Great to see you back again PilotAt6, how is the virus recovery going for you and your wife.

Yes brakes can be attached to throttle or a spare switch channel.

Sounds like the bank indicator will work, I would love to see your final release version of the AV on the swaps.

asj5547: Concerning COVID, I'm progressing a little faster than my wife, and that was expected with her having asthma, copd and half a lung removed (smoking effects ). Covid recovery seems slow, stamina really low.

I'll first post my latest version of the Chaos here and let you critique.
The FAA is highly considering allowing "Single Lever" variable pitch props on experimental aircraft, so I incorporated that principle on my variation. The automatic prop pitch is tied to the throttle setting.
If you like the bank indicator approach, maybe you could adjust the needle appearance for me !

Glad to hear you and your wife are recovering from the Covid-19 virus, yes it can take considerable time to regain your energy level, will be praying for both of you.
My world got ripped apart November 27, my wife passed away due to complications with Cancer.
So of course I did not have the ambition to do any 3DS Modelling (or anything else) so I just packaged the Chaos S9 up and sent it to the swaps, now the question is, can I modify the gauge needle and load it to the swaps as an AV or do I have to submit it as an EA ??? will need some input from other model makers on what is possible.
Sure, post the beta of your AV and I will take a look at it.

asj5547 I didn't know your wife passed away, I'm so sorry. It sure leaves an empty feeling. Eventually focusing on the good times and the memories will heal ... but it takes time. I'll be praying for you also.

My vote is ... Updated EA ... it's your creation !

same here very sorry to hear you lost your wife it does take time to lessen the hurt for sure .
i vote new EA with your added features

asj5547 I didn't know your wife passed away, I'm so sorry. It sure leaves an empty feeling. Eventually focusing on the good times and the memories will heal ... but it takes time. I'll be praying for you also.

My vote is ... Updated EA ... it's your creation !
Thanks PilotAt6 for your kind comments, yes it is a very empty feeling not having her around, we had 52 great years together.

Send me the gauge setup you have (needle appearance) and I will see what I can do and let me know if there are any other mods you would like.

Hey asj, so sorry too hear about the loss of your wife..52 yrs. together is a relationship that you don`t hear to much about these days,.. if at all,... so it must have been a good one, and you`ll always have that to cherish...she didn`t betray her wedding vows...Anyways, regarding changes to the plane, it should be released as an AV, (sorry Doug, PilotAt6, just my opinion) ....It will be a variation, simple as that.... Regardless who releases it, (you asj or pilot), that`ll have to be a discussion between the both of you, as you will both be making a contribution/s to the change/s as I understand it. Leave the original EA on the swaps as it stands....Just my 2cts. ? :)........EDIT, just please be sure to explain the changes if you release an AV, there are far too many AV`s being released these days WITHOUT an explanation of the changes that were made.

Last edited:
Thanks U T for your kind words.
I was not sure if an AV would work (change needle size and shape in 3DSMax) for PilotAt6 to use in his AV or should I submit an updated EA. ???
PilotAt6 does such great work and I would like everybody to enjoy his creation.

Hey asj, so sorry too hear about the loss of your wife..52 yrs. together is a relationship that you don`t hear to much about these days,.. if at all,... so it must have been a good one, and you`ll always have that to cherish...she didn`t betray her wedding vows...Anyways, regarding changes to the plane, it should be released as an AV, (sorry Doug, PilotAt6, just my opinion) ....It will be a variation, simple as that.... Regardless who releases it, (you asj or pilot), that`ll have to be a discussion between the both of you, as you will both be making a contribution/s to the change/s as I understand it. Leave the original EA on the swaps as it stands....Just my 2cts. ? :)........EDIT, just please be sure to explain the changes if you release an AV, there are far too many AV`s being released these days WITHOUT an explanation of the changes that were made.
no problem U T how ever asj5547 whats to do it is good for me as well . :)

PilotAt6... I have modified the file you sent me, I changed the compass gauge to a bank/turn gauge as you requested, let me know how it works for you.

Attachments

• Chaos S9_Half Scale_Single Lever_EA.RFX
    8.5 MB · Views: 7
asj5547 - Nice work on the turn and bank indicatior- Looks and functions well -
I reversed the rotation for correct orientation - then recalibrated the rotation to +/- 230 degrees.
Not sure what I did on the file I sent you, but I had to reverse the gauge lights on/off power and one switch was reversed ( far right light sw. ) .
The gauge and needle you constructed are classy ... thanks a bunch . Now all the gauges function well. I even have the fuel level pretty accurate, when it hits empty, your about to run out of "energy" ( sounds like gas engine, but functions as an electric.)
Several variables in RealFlight I would dearly like is milliamps remaining/fuel remaining, altitude, and compass direction. They are available in the gadget display, would be nice to have access of all variables in the editor.
Wishful thinking ! Now I need to update the CS files to the latest .

Last edited:
Yeah, my 3DSMax file did not have all the saved settings as on your AV file but I thought it would be enough to allow you to experiment with the new Bank/Turn Indicator and fine tune it to your specs.
Are you going to upload the "new AV" to the swaps ? and I would really like to have some of your CS files to download, you do excellent work, thanks again.

Yes you were correct, it was more than enough to experiment and fine tune with. Flipping polarity's for the lights not a problem, and the bank and turn indicator worked well. Thanks for the nice comment, and you do excellent work !!!!
I will post the AV and some CS files that I have as I update to the new panel and final layout pattern.
Having problem ... please check your mail here

Last edited:
Back