Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

I am guessing this was the plane that had the vertex problem. And was it the fuselage?
Yes this was the model with the smoothing groups issue, I wish it had been in the fuselage then it would have been in the first object to test, but it was in the steering gear (90% of the way down the list of objects) so now I have to go back through all those objects and sub objects to reapply the smoothing groups again.

Here is a video of the Chitty Chitty Bang bang model, it fly's but is still a work in progress.

FAN-FREAKIN`-TASTIC ASJ..!!!!...So nice to see it airborne, LOL, I forgot all about the rotors, SO, when I saw the hatches open, I thought, what`s going on, and then I saw the rotors pop up, and went "OH YEAH", it`s got rotors. .......Love ALL the animation you`ve got going on, and the modeling, well it speaks for itself, GREAT WORK. I Really can`t wait to see it on the swaps. (y) (y) (y) :p

Here is a video of the Chitty Chitty Bang bang model, it fly's but is still a work in progress.

OOOOOO
MMMMM
FFFFFF
GGGGGGG
‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

That is even more exciting than I Imagined it could be!!!
The way it flies would FREAK OUT the cast and crew of the original movie!!!!
It flies SO beautifully.

The way those wings extend is great;
the way the ROTORS extend is FANTASTIC.

The sound of the engine fits amazingly well with the old-time Ford Model-whatever that it is.

The ONLY improvement I see is the silly backward canard front-facing "wing" from the original:71o5PdEDjlL._SL1425_.jpg

OMG @asj5547 !!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!

Last edited:
FAN-FREAKIN`-TASTIC ASJ..!!!!...So nice to see it airborne, LOL, I forgot all about the rotors, SO, when I saw the hatches open, I thought, what`s going on, and then I saw the rotors pop up, and went "OH YEAH", it`s got rotors. .......Love ALL the animation you`ve got going on, and the modeling, well it speaks for itself, GREAT WORK. I Really can`t wait to see it on the swaps. (y) (y) (y) :p
Thanks UT

OOOOOO
MMMMM
FFFFFF
GGGGGGG
‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

That is even more exciting than I Imagined it could be!!!
The way it flies would FREAK OUT the cast and crew of the original movie!!!!
It flies SO beautifully.

The way t those wings extend is great;
the way the ROTORS extend is FANTASTIC.

The sound of the engine fits amazingly well with the old-time Ford Model-whatever that it is.

The ONLY improvement I see is the silly backward canard front-facing "wing" from the original:View attachment 130260

OMG @asj5547 !!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!
Yeah, still a few things to add to the model, it is a work in progress

Thanks Spaceboy, I am glad you like the model there is a lot more I could do but unfortunately I am running out of poly's (triangles) for instance in the movie is a floats version and the wings leading edges should have lots of tubing showing (see pic) and of course I should model the family, or maybe not :unsure: 😊

Attachments

• d8482cab-d455-5a93-a240-6d2c807764de.jpg
    d8482cab-d455-5a93-a240-6d2c807764de.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 57
Back