Couple of my models for you all

Anyone have some pics of the designs? I have found few of the KatanaS but many FunatanaS. I just need the designs. Some Close ups or else ill have to do them from scratch

Breakstuff Shockie

Breakstuff550:

I like your edit. Couple of items.

1. Weird effect -- The plane disappears partly into the surface (sinks underground) when it crashes. Doesn't do that with the Delten version or any other plane.

Also, since I run my sim at 100%, can you up the power? Seems to fly pretty slow relative to the other shockies.

I'm no shockie expert by any means. Just a weekend intermediate flyer.

Thanks for the great work.

The only way i can get color schemes to work is if i take out the existing one and edit it and save it as the same name as the original and then put it in the originals place. From my expiermentation tonight you can only use one colorscheme with the custom models people have made :(

thanks for the foamy gymo

I tried it, felt like I was at the field, when you turn the wind up to about 7 mph. Very close to the real thing.

WingsWest328 said:
The only way i can get color schemes to work is if i take out the existing one and edit it and save it as the same name as the original and then put it in the originals place. From my expiermentation tonight you can only use one colorscheme with the custom models people have made :(

Well, I tried making a different color on the Katana after seeing your post, and I can have different color schemes for the planes. The way I do it, is by selecting “Aircraft” in the menu, and then “save color scheme as”. Then just name it what you would like, and then you have a copy of the original one, that you can edit.

My problem is that I can’t figure out how to change the color on the wings, and still keep them transparent, but then again I’m not very good at “photo-programs”.

Hope you will post your color schemes somewhere :)

Peter

Along with everything else im redesigning my site, if you send the any colour schemes aircraft setups or aircraft themselves to gymo@mac.com i'll happily add them to it.

sorry the hydroplane hasnt arrived yet im having a few problems with it 'exploding' :eek:

i'm sure the transparency is set by the model and so just replacing the colour should be ok but i'll test this later, or mabe Nemo could give us a hand as i've not done any transparency yet :eek:

Nigel

I’m sure the transparency is set by the model and so just replacing the colour should be ok but I’ll test this later, or maybe Nemo could give us a hand as I’ve not done any transparency yet

As far as I know you can do transparency 2 ways ...

1. the material in 3ds max .. changing the materials opacity
2. by the texture/colour scheme ... if you are using 32 bit tga's then you have 24 bits describing the colour information and 8 bits describing the opacity (alpha channel)

Cool I'll have to try this later :) thanks

i've a more tekki question, in 3ds when i drag an object around i no longer see the mesh whilst its moving just the bounding box, what button/option to i click to get this back as its starting to bug me :eek:

Nigel

sounds like you have adaptive degradation selected ...

go to view and uncheck adaptive degradation.

Breakstuff5050 said:
does any1 know of a way to schemes w\ out owning an expensive program?
To edit color schemes, like you can with Photoshop? The Gimp! It's free software.

When saving the .tga do i save it as 32bit or what? I'm trying to get the transparency to dissapear. I made this one thinking it was gonna work but it didn't :(

Black_Red%201.jpg

Black_Red%202.jpg

WingsWest: if Tony (Nemo) used the tga for the transparency on his model the saving your tga at 24bit or less will work,
however if the transparency was produced in 3dsmax (ie part of the models mesh) then changing the tga file will not stop the see through-ness

Nigel

but i may be wrong, i'm still very new to the see through bits :p

What are you using to edit the tga? ...The image is made up of effectively two parts...one part is the colour information (24bits) and another is the alpha channel (8 bits) ... this part controls the transparency.... Its a greyscale image …white is opaque and black is completely transparent. (Please excuse the really badly laid out UV’s …texturing is not my forte.)

Attachments

• alpha.jpg
    alpha.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hi

I'm rushed off my feet at the moment with work but i will be updating my site this weekend to include as much of these as their authers will allow,

Patrick: as soon as i get home i'll send it through to you..

Nigel

gymo: I have downloaded both your X-UFO and your shock flyer. The UFO is really a wild bird to control and I am having fun figuring it out.

However, I wanted to comment mostly on your shock flyer. I have never flown a shock flyer, and I am just in love with this thing! It can do the craziest stunts and it is sooo much fun! Thank you! :)

Back