d3dx9_36.dll error

d3dx9_36 File error 126 On new Vista 64 nachine - System Info Attached

We are trying to install Realflight G4.5 on a new Dell Machine. We have updated to the latest G4.5. - but are still getting the following error:

d3dx9_36 File error 126.

I have followwd the instructions in another thread and attached system information as requested.

Thanks

Richard.

Attachments

• Realflight system info.txt
    74.1 KB · Views: 7
I can't view your diags now, but you probably have an Intel video card. Update RF to the current version through the Launcher. That will solve that problem, if that's your cause.

Error 126 etc

Hi Jeff?...
We have already updated G4.5 through launcher. Current version reports 4.50.050.
Also it is not an Intel graphics - but an ATI Radeon HD 4350.
Same problem still exists. FYI: It is a new Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit machine.
Richard.

The problem is not with G4.x, rather that Vista is missing one of the DX9 files required.

Run the DX9 redistributable installer as administrator.

It will install the missing file WITHOUT screwing up your existing DX10 installation.

Hmmmm....

I can't say I am keen to mess with the Directx configuration on a properly configured new machine. Particularly to install parts of an older version of directx. Maybe the problem is with Vista - but it seems to me that G4.5 is not compatible with Directx 10. Maybe RF will release an update compatible with DirectX 10. Any news on this from KE/RF?

Richard.

G4.5 REQUIRES DX9.

Vista comes with DX10, which is why you are getting that error.

Do as I mentioned to cure the problem.

Microsoft's installer is pretty smart about this and will only supply the missing file.

It will do no damage.

Cannot find import (dll error)

When starting RealFlight I receive this error

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version
File "d3dx9_36.dll", error 126

I have also attached my sys info from the support section of realflight

Can someone help me out.....

Attachments

• error dll.txt
    55.9 KB · Views: 8
Missing DLL d3dx9_36.dll

Hi,

Just installed (Clean install) of RealFlight G5. No upgrade, new install. Executed the app, registered, updated, checked for updates again, latest version installed, ran G5, receive this error (Attached) Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "d3dx9_36.dll", error 126.

Running on a new Sony Viao VGN-FW560F, Windows 7 64 bit, exceeds recommended hardware and software (Vid, RAM, HD, DirectX, 3D, etc).

Attaching error msg and results of tech data gathered.

Good luck, let me know if I can be of help.

Randy

Ryan Douglas said:
Have you received the following error?

We're trying to figure out why a small percentage of users are receiving this error. The update process should ensure you have everything you need. It may only happen to users running 64-bit versions of Windows. If you have experienced/are currently experiencing this error, please help us out by following these instructions and posting your system info, or at least tell us what version of Windows you are running.

To fix the problem manually: go here and follow the instructions.

[Edit: update link with friendlier web installer for DirectX runtimes.]

Attachments

• G5 Error Popup.png
    G5 Error Popup.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 7
  • G5 Tech Data.txt
    41.1 KB · Views: 5
I'm not sure if the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 really exceeds the recommended standards but there are drivers newer than 7/27/2009 for it.

Quote from ATI: The ATI Mobilty Radeon HD 4650 from AMD is a DirectX 10.1 middle-class notebook graphics adapter. Technically it is a slower clocked Mobility Radeon HD 4670.

The HD 4670. Most DirectX 9 games (like Call of Duty 4, F.E.A.R., or Unreal Tournament 3) should be playable in medium to high details (in 1024x768). Demanding DX10 games from 2008 like Crysis run only in low-medium details fluently.

I'm running Win 7, 64bit smoothly.

Did you try the manual fix that Ryan suggested?

I'd give updating your drivers a try.

P.S. Did you have the Interlink installed when you did this system dump?
I did not see it.

Last edited:
All you have to do is install the DirectX9.1c redistributable from Microsoft's web site.

This is NOT a Realflight error per-se, but rather that a required DX9 file is not being found on your system.

Works fine..

WOrks after I used the manual fix. My intentions were to provide them the infor to see if they could track down the issue. It was stated that this only happens on 64 bit OS's. Hopefully the data provides the info needed.

I did not have the InterLink installed until after I had the program installed. The prg works like a champ, and the Vid card works perfect.

Great job on the realistic features of the SIM.

Norton said:
I'm not sure if the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 really exceeds the recommended standards but there are drivers newer than 7/27/2009 for it.

Quote from ATI: The ATI Mobilty Radeon HD 4650 from AMD is a DirectX 10.1 middle-class notebook graphics adapter. Technically it is a slower clocked Mobility Radeon HD 4670.

The HD 4670. Most DirectX 9 games (like Call of Duty 4, F.E.A.R., or Unreal Tournament 3) should be playable in medium to high details (in 1024x768). Demanding DX10 games from 2008 like Crysis run only in low-medium details fluently.

I'm running Win 7, 64bit smoothly.

Did you try the manual fix that Ryan suggested?

I'd give updating your drivers a try.

P.S. Did you have the Interlink installed when you did this system dump?
I did not see it.

JeanAHough, please stop posting that incorrect advice.

The real solution is simple: Run dxsetup.exe from the \DirectX directory on your RealFlight DVD (or disk #4 if you have an earlier version that shipped on multiple CDs).

In case you're interested, here is a more detailed discussion.

Yup... It's also interesting that he seems to be specifically looking for this question on many of those forums and pointing everyone to those ( errant or virus laden? ) downloads.

Time for a BAN!

D3Dx9.Dll problem

I am running windows 8, and encountered the problem, when re-installing Real Flight 6 (the upgrade from 4.5), as previously my computer crashed and i upgraded windows at the same time.

Following the directions, I cancelled out of the installation when it went to install Direct X 9 (as you may or may not be aware Windows 8, uses Direct X version 11.x).

I tried to run to run RealFlight 6, and it bombed out with the error (d3dx9.dll, missing or corrupt).

So then I installed 6.5 upgrade over the top (thinking that might fix the dll issue), but it still didn't run, so I followed the link provided by the administrator (went to Microsoft & installed direct x 9), and now its working fine.

Many Thanks

john h said:
Following the directions, I cancelled out of the installation when it went to install Direct X 9 (as you may or may not be aware Windows 8, uses Direct X version 11.x).
There's your problem!! You did not follow the directions!
Did you see the part where it said it was REQUIRED to install the DirectX9 from the installation disc? You MUST install it. Don't overthink this. Your DirectX 11 is missing a couple files that Microsoft no longer includes. Running the DirectX 9 install from the RF disc adds those files to your DirectX 11. Even the older DirectX 9 version does not contain the necessary files that are a part of DirectX 9.0c, and required for RF and other games and sims to run. I'd say you happened to pick the right file from Microsoft's site. It is far easier to run the DirectX program found on the RF disc.

Windows 8 and DirectX

To be fair, the directions say "...unless you know you have DirectX 9.0c or later..."

The DirectX version included with Windows 8 is definitely later, so it actually isn't clear. Maybe the installation directions should drop the "or later" verbiage.

Initially, I installed RealFlight 6.5, choosing not to install (the old version of) DirectX when prompted. I got the dll error. Then I just went to the DirectX folder on the DVD and ran the setup program under that folder (which installed DirectX 9.0c), and then everything worked fine.

Back