DX6e and Dongle will not work on RF9.5 .

JimmyDGreek

I am lost on how to get the RF9.5 to recognize my DX6e and Spektrun Dongle. I bound the Dongle to the TX but unable to go any farther. RF9.5 loaded without issues. Following the directions in the manual the controller is not displayed. Any thoughts ?

A quick search of the Forum here will provide the answers you need; I have written several articles regarding the DX8G2 and the WS2000, which can be applied to other Spektrum transmitters easily, including radio profile uploads and explanations of the Select Controller Editor.

That said, the DX6e is not an effective Spektrum transmitter for use with the WS2000 for the simple reason that it does not have enough channels. To effectively use the WS2000 (particularly if you want primary functions for most powered fixed wings, sailplanes, and helis) you will need an eight channel transmitter like the DX8, iX12, DX9, etc.

That said, limited use of the DX6e with the WS2000 is possible, but you're going to have to decide what you are willing to give up; you won't have full basic function, but you should be able to 'fly' and be wireless. Search the forum and feel free to send me a personal message if you have questions.

PS If what you're willing to give up on the transmitter you are willing to supplement on your computer keyboard, then other possibilities open up. All of the radio profile channels are available from the keyboard of your computer... but then, that kind-of defeats the purpose for being wireless and using your field radio.

marcus

Last edited:
OP and Friends,
Start by calibrating the game controller in windows. Google for directions for your operating system. Report back and we can go from there.

You can easily use a 6 channel input device together with the computer's keyboard to handle the remaining functions. Fly what you got, not what you want.

I just bound my DX6e with the WS2000 wireless dongle this afternoon and it didn’t have any issues other than the simulator not resetting after a crash by pressing the clear button as you would on the TX that came with the simulator. I’m trying to figure this issue out myself.

I just bound my DX6e with the WS2000 wireless dongle this afternoon and it didn’t have any issues other than the simulator not resetting after a crash by pressing the clear button as you would on the TX that came with the simulator. I’m trying to figure this issue out myself.
See my responses to your other post;

marcus

Last edited:
I've been frustrated trying to fly on 9.5 with my DX6E and the 2000 dongle. I have been using the 5-6 channel Spectrum Receiver selection. Is there a better choice?

I've been frustrated trying to fly on 9.5 with my DX6E and the 2000 dongle. I have been using the 5-6 channel Spectrum Receiver selection. Is there a better choice?
Try using a Radio Profile based on the Spektrum Receiver (7+ch). In any case, the DX6e is not a good choice to use with the WS2000. The WS2000 is (8) eight channel and the DX6e is, obviously, (6) six channel. If you can get it to work, it will not have enough channels to support all needed functions; although, you may supplement by using the computer keyboard.

The other thing that happens frequently is that if some of the WS2000 channels are not 'set' the setup gets grumpy... sometimes manifesting itself as calibration issues, and sometimes manifesting as some channels are inoperative or flaky.

Any of the DX8 transmitters work great ! (DX8e, DX8, DX8G2, etc)

marcus

Thanks Marcus, I've been battling this dx6e for some time. would an nx8 work, that seems to be where they are headed. If so how will that affect the planes I already have.

Thanks Marcus, I've been battling this dx6e for some time. would an nx8 work, that seems to be where they are headed. If so how will that affect the planes I already have.
The NX8 and NX10 are fabulous. The NX8 seems to be in-stock now. I'm still waiting for the NX10. Both of those transmitters have the additional built-in function of being the simulator controller directly; with quiesced radio frequency. They will both work with the dongle as well.

The NX series has the e-flite and hangar 9 planes built-in; so transmitter setups are way easier for folks that hate that part of RC hobby.

marcus

I have the DX8e and WS2000. I have been using it for a few months now. (I started the hobby in January of 2021 and am just getting comfortable with 3d flying thrust vectored edf or turbine jets) Needless to say that after only 4 months having progressed this far with only a couple real crashes, my RF9.5 setup works and is an effective trainer. I am curious if there is some way to use the DX8e and WS2000 in RF9.5 to get simulated telemetry readouts on the transmitter? Do the NX series have this potential? (I'm guessing RF just doesn't send telemetry data in its current build, but I figured I'd ask you guys.) The function otherwise is pretty ok aside from the occasional failure of "button 3" set to reset after crash.

On a side note, looking forward to trying my Radiomaster Tx16s Max when it gets here, and RadioLink AT10II finally works with the "GoldSim" dongle I bought. The "FlySky" dongle did not work and they were similar prices. The one with the switch on the side works and also came with some simulators.

I'm trying to fly the 6CH Blade 150s Heli on RF Evolution (with the WS2000 and a DX6e - with which I have flown more than a few simple planes without trouble). After struggling to program the 150s into my TX, I attempted a flight only to discover the blades would not turn unless I was in flight mode 2 - and then it shot towards the sky. I ran the controller calibration tool in RF and discovered that the blades now turn in mode 1. Well, at least now I know my transmitter just may be programmed correctly.

With the throttle and pitch curves, and rates and expos in play, I'm thinking calibration might be complex?

So, my question is, what switches do I flip while I'm moving the sticks during RF calibration? In what combination? In my TX, I've configured flight modes N/1/2 on SW-B, and Rates 0/1/2 on SW-G, Hold on SW-H, and Panic Mix on SW-I (Bind).

If the DX6e can't handle this 6CH sim, what settings do I drop, and where?

Also, I would love to create a keyboard hotkey for resetting a crashed airframe. Can someone post a link to a how to, or else include it here?

Thank you! - Tony.

All helis in RealFlight are set up for Throttle Cut. Rather than stress about trying to add a channel for that on your DX6e, use the J key on the keyboard to toggle Heli Throttle Cut on or off. So with the 150s on the ground in Stability Mode, press J one time and then you'll be able to spool up in that mode.

If you make the Radio Gadget visible, the keyboard shortcut reminder for RealFlight Channels 5-9 (J is 9) is visible all the time.

Fortunately, there's already a sim reset button on the keyboard. The space bar will reset to a fresh model on the ground in the starting location.

@flightengr , thank you. I guess I've learned that you can't just bind your actual RC model config to WS2000 & RF and expect it to work same as the RC model. Is there a handy guide for all this, hopefully one covering acros and helis separately? Sure would be sweet if manuals provided just a few more hints on all this. The transmitter setup table that came with the BLADE 150S would have been better split into 2 or 3 versions depending on TX, with a section for RF, rather than trying to cover them all in one. Would also be sweet if RF and Spektrum provided downloadable presets of TX settings for sims. I guess it's better to buy the NX these days, but I hate throwing things and money away, and sometimes doing things the hard way helps you learn.

Am I overthinking this? If you have a TX like the DX6e, do you need different models set up on it to fly different models on RF? I mean, if I'm programming throttle curves and then connecting to RF, am I doing it wrong? Can I create like a default ACRO and a default HELI that I can use on multiple SIMs (because all the configs are built into RF)?

See my RF blog here for a writeup about how to set up the transmitter and how to adjust the controller profile in RealFlight.

Yes, you should be able to have one Acro model planes and one Heli model for helis. You're right, a lot of things are set with RF so you don't need to be as detailed with the transmitter setup.

flightengr's info is spot on, a great resource. Treat RF like you just bought a ton of models at an estate sale, which the previous owner had configured for his own system. You could rework your radio to have a configuration for each model, but easier by far to just setup your radio with just one program. Same thing in RF - one basic radio setup to control them all, then use the Aircraft editor/Software radio in RF if you really then have to tweak things for a specific model. Your limit is the number of available channels, but as noted there are work arounds.

Back