Exact Replica of real R/C VTOL on the Swap Pages

I really like the plane too.
Thanks very much for your hard work.
I have a turboprop version almost ready to be put up on the swaps...

call me stupid but am I missing somthing?

Mine is only going around in circles. I;m not much of a Helli junkie and onely spent the last 20 years working on fixwings AC but some thing tell me when two engines point up and two point down, this is bad, Yes?? :p

This is what Im looking at with the 3 position switch,

How can I fix this, I want to cracsh it too. plzzzz

Attachments

• Pos 1.jpg
    Pos 1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Pos 2.jpg
    Pos 2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Pos 3.jpg
    Pos 3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 9
Junkboy999 said:
Mine is only going around in circles. I;m not much of a Helli junkie and onely spent the last 20 years working on fixwings AC but some thing tell me when two engines point up and two point down, this is bad, Yes?? :p

This is what Im looking at with the 3 position switch,

How can I fix this, I want to cracsh it too. plzzzz

make sure to upgrade to the latest version of Real Flight (3.65), and your issue should go away.

Nice Work

The VP-124 has replaced all but the Mister Mulligan, as my favorite plane. I enjoy taxing it around the field before I take to the skies. I absolutely love the aircraft, so much in fact, that in two days, two CS's I have completed. Here they are, ENJOY!!!!!!

Herc40

Attachments

• ScreenShot1201976085.jpg
    ScreenShot1201976085.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 18
  • VP-124 Bussiness Jet_CS.G3X
    165.4 KB · Views: 29
  • VP-124 USMC_CS.G3X
    291.1 KB · Views: 24
  • ScreenShot1202046250.jpg
    ScreenShot1202046250.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Just Wondering

What is the gremlin in the plane? I was just flying and switch to the upright pos. when all of a sudden all four engines killed. I have the flight failures turned on NEVER, is this the gremlin you were refering to? Check out the recording.

Attachments

• Herc40_VP-124ls_1_RC.G3X
    605.7 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1202105381.jpg
    ScreenShot1202105381.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 17
herc40 said:
What is the gremlin in the plane? I was just flying and switch to the upright pos. when all of a sudden all four engines killed. I have the flight failures turned on NEVER, is this the gremlin you were refering to? Check out the recording.
Herc40, I've never experienced this problem and don't know how the engines quit since the throttle is connected to the transmitter without any mixes. If you can duplicate the problem, send me your AV with all you switch positions and any detail you can, and I'll double check everything. Send it to vtol@bellsouth.net.

The gremlin is really just a mis-assignment of one of the motors. The only problem it should really cause is slightly limited roll in hover, the correction is in an earlier post, but here it is: Edit the aircraft then Airframe/Front Wing/Front Motor Nacelles/Motor, then Throttle Servo (Right) should be Front Right ESC PT Roll Mixer.

Andrzej is trying to get the Variants removed so we can replace the file rather than just making another Variant for the correction. We hope to have it replaced shortly.

BTW, very nice CS's, I love them and very nice flying on the recording. I wish I could fly it that well. I have yet to dead stick it into a smooth landing like that.

Edit: Andrzej has the corrected model ready in the G4 swap pages now, we're still working on G3.5.

Last edited:
Herc40,

My two cents...

I am not sure but how long have you been flying without crashing?

If the simulator is set so the model can run out of the fuel, it should also be able to drain the battery after long enough run .....

I have never checked it but this is the only thing that comes on my mind in this case.

I have flown for about 20 minutes and after transition back to hover with throttle down, rotors stop but start spinning as soon as I advance the throttle.

Let me know what you think.

If the simulator let the battery to be drained out, I am thinking of it as the cause of sudden rotors stop.

Andrzej

P.S. Very nice flying and CS :D

I think I've sovled the problem

All I did is to add a touch of power through Throttle Trim. It dosen't kill when I return to low stick, and it seemed to help in flying also. Thanks for your kind words about the CS's, I enjoy making them, and can't wait for the new EA.

Herc40

P.S. I have been known to run out of fuel when flying RF. I would not do this in a recording though. The recording was the length off the flight, so there should have been noway that the engines should have drained the power that fast. Thank you.

Last edited:
herc40 said:
The recording was the length off the flight, so there should have been noway that the engines should have drained the power that fast. Thank you.
Maybe the recorder, like air conditioning, uses more fuel!!! :D

herc40 said:
All I did is to add a touch of power through Throttle Trim. It dosen't kill when I return to low stick, and it seemed to help in flying also. Thanks for your kind words about the CS's, I enjoy making them, and can't wait for the new EA.

Herc40

P.S. I have been known to run out of fuel when flying RF. I would not do this in a recording though. The recording was the length off the flight, so there should have been noway that the engines should have drained the power that fast. Thank you.

I am glad it works .... :)

I will be replacing the EA on G3 Forums if Jim Bourke gets back with me on that.
There are too many AVs and CSs already so I would say, post whatever you like, AVs and CSs.
I am putting back my Research and Travel CSs on the G3 Swap Pages tonight.

I hope Jim Bourke or any od Administrators will replace the EA I have ready and waiting.
It is minor bug, almost like a typo , affects flying very little but I would like to get it corrected.
I do not like cutting corners :D

The worst case scenario I will post AV and mention it at the beginning of the Description on the Swap Pages.

Andrzej

just a tought

Upload the AV on the swap pages and in the discription, tell everyone to DELETE the earlier version, that this version is the best one. I have seen this done in the past, I don't know why it wouldn't work now. I've got Three more braches of the Military to go, So Air Force should be on swap pages shortly. Good luck..

Last edited:
herc40,

If Jim Bourke does not get back with me on that and will not replace the EA , we will end up posting new AV with description as you described.

Let's wait few days for Jim's response.

Andrzej

It does not look like Jim Bourke is going to reply to my PM :confused: so I decided to go ahead and post additional AV that fixes minor bug and mention it at the beginning of the Swap pages Description.

It should be there tonight.

Andrzej

One nice thing to add would be an adjustment in the pitch change curve as the engines rotate at mid position.

As is the plane generates too much lift at the front when the engines are pitched 45 degrees forward.

This causes the nose to rise like crazy as the plane picks up speed.

A change to the curves to generate slightly less lift at the front in mid position would cure this, then at full forward angles and at 90 degrees it could be set as you have it now.

opjose said:
One nice thing to add would be an adjustment in the pitch change curve as the engines rotate at mid position.

As is the plane generates too much lift at the front when the engines are pitched 45 degrees forward.

This causes the nose to rise like crazy as the plane picks up speed.

A change to the curves to generate slightly less lift at the front in mid position would cure this, then at full forward angles and at 90 degrees it could be set as you have it now.
I don't recommend we change the correction AV as this is a very simple modification. I think people will start modifying it to their tastes, and I think the modification you recommend is a good one.

The pitch change curve is for cruise flight, more nose up trim for slow flight, slightly down for top speed. That took hours to get where it is now, and I wouldn't recommend changing that for the issue you brought up. However, it phases in as the props tilt, from nothing at hover to full at cruise, and this is the curve I would recommend changing. In the Electronics section it is RPM Cruise Modifier 2b. It, of course, will affect the way it transitions from cruise back to hover also. You'll probably have to find some happy medium between the two transitions.

I've included a real quick modification to that curve on the attached AV, it was originally a straight line. I've only done a few of flights, but see what you think. It will likely take a fair amount of testing to get it right. This AV also has the motor assignment corrected.

Attachments

• VP-124_PCTest_AV.G3X
    33.3 KB · Views: 28
Heh... I don't think that most of us ( myself included ) will be able to figure out the interaction between all of the items you have in this physics definition.

It has to be the most complex one yet.

Yeah...I went to mod this beast to get her to my tastes...and I gave up after making it a (hacked) turboprop.
The electronics are COMPLEX
But it makes it a GREAT plane, so however goes it :)
Thanks

It's all Andrzej's fault :D . Just kidding.

If you want any help with any of the mixes, I'll be glad to help. Unfortunately, being so complex small changes can be difficult, mostly to the elevator trim.

All the mixes and signal modifiers that start with RPM.. have to do with linking the elevator trim to the RPM of the motor (the RPM closely matches the speed). You can link the front wing control surfaces to the Pitch Gyro or the elevator channel and eliminate 6 of the electronic components (the ones that start with RPM), you'll need a pretty hefty nose up trim at low speeds though.

I can't get it to work right, I have been modifying it for a while now but I still can't get it to work. I tried looking for the g3.65+ download but can't find it. Any ideas?

Back