F-16 C Build Thread

There are a lot of good tools that aren't well known. Hinge from Edge is one that's pretty handy. Grab a group of polys select an edge and the poly will extrude except for the hinge edges. It's good for scoops or vents. Actually quite a few things. Have you tried it?

There are a lot of good tools that aren't well known. Hinge from Edge is one that's pretty handy. Grab a group of polys select an edge and the poly will extrude except for the hinge edges. It's good for scoops or vents. Actually quite a few things. Have you tried it?
No I haven't but that definitely sounds like a cool tool and very handy. Where do I get it?

I think I have the biggest problem with the F-16 figured out. Made a really short video to show the results.
There is a little clipping where the tire goes through the door and fuselage. I could have done a bit better on the timings for the animation.

Thanks. It was pretty hard to wrap my mind around by what mechanism the wheel rotated around to the front as well as the support rotating between up and down positions.

Too bad, you can't simulate shocks. :(
Well, I'm not so sure about that. Take a look at my Piper Pawnee. While it's not simulating shocks as you said, but I did simulate stretching bands on the main gear. It was a task figuring out, and I believe it was Boof69 that actually helped me with that.

Nice work. One of these days I’ll have to learn that so I can finish up the ol Mustang I’ve got resting in a folder.
Would really like to see what you do with the Mustang (my favorite). Been waiting on someone to have independent center doors along with working 'cooler door'. Would like to do my engine start/stop, and on the Mustang, when the engine stops, the doors go down from lack of hyd. pressure. Only by having them as independent from the main gear operation can this be achieved.
However you do the model, I will enjoy it !!!

Back